Suspiria - any fans on here?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I'm listening to a lot of Suspiria at the moment. I was wondering if any other Heartlanders like 'em. Any old shirts or records knocking around for sale maybe? Stories to share? Opinions to state?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I shorted their gig out in '95 at The Cockpit when condensation from me pint decided to mix with a spotlamp on the Merchandise Desk :oops:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Norman Hunter wrote:condensation from me pint decided to mix with a spotlamp on the Merchandise Desk :oops:
Is that what they call 'vomiting all over the Bargains table' nowadays? :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Nic
Slight Overbomber

I used to listen to Suspiria quite a lot in the past, when I was a goth. :wink:

They have definitly made some nice choons, Allegedly, Dancefloor Tragedy, Night Time & (Now, We See) The Swine being some of my favourites.
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Bloody hell Maismeister, you don't half like some dodgy old goff sh!te :lol: :P :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

pretty sure i saw them once at the banshee years ago. probably with nosferatu, or some other abomination like that :lol:

brrrr.

didnt rosetta help put out their first ep? where they scouse?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Maisey wrote:I'm listening to a lot of Suspiria at the moment. I was wondering if any other Heartlanders like 'em. Any old shirts or records knocking around for sale maybe? Stories to share? Opinions to state?
Not again! :lol:
psichonaut
Overbomber

watched a movie called "suspiria" and it was an horror....if the name goes to show similarities....well the dialogues where pish and the music unlistenable
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
mh
Above the Chemist

Wouldn't call myself a "fan", but I'd be lying if I didn't say that they had 1 or 2 songs that I thought were OK.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Nic wrote:Dancefloor Tragedy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:condensation from me pint decided to mix with a spotlamp on the Merchandise Desk :oops:
Is that what they call 'vomiting all over the Bargains table' nowadays? :lol:

IZ.
No puke involved!

Shoulda seen that lamp jump, though - musta gone three feet up in the air, spun round then crashed to the floor :lol:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:pretty sure i saw them once at the banshee years ago. probably with nosferatu, or some other abomination like that :lol:

brrrr.

didnt rosetta help put out their first ep? where they scouse?
Nottingham I think, they were Nightbreeds flagship act so to speak. I don't know if they had ties with Rosetta or not...I mean, they were about the same time, and Mark Tansley definatly had the same coat and shoes as Porl King...

I know for a fact we have a few lurking Nozzy fans, I'm lookin' at you Jez ;) In fact, I saw them quite recently and they were bloody good 8)

I picked up a copy of their album "Drama" on cassette and its an excellent record (you know what I mean) - I'm trying to find a copy of the Tragedy EP on 12" but its not easy to come by.
psichonaut
Overbomber

i heard Suspiria were members on a band called Intra venus, someone knows something about?
Big Si
School Bully

Maisey wrote:I picked up a copy of their album "Drama" on cassette and its an excellent record (you know what I mean) - I'm trying to find a copy of the Tragedy EP on 12" but its not easy to come by.
Looks like it's only available on CD EP and no cheap either :?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i think i was confusing them with the ancestry :roll:

http://www.discogs.com/label/Futurity+Records

in which case, i DO remember a lot of people suspiria tees for a while (presumably after a local gig?) but i dont think i saw them myself...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Apperently Susperia Shirts were very comman at one point. The discog on the myspace says affordable shirts with lots of different designs was a tatic they used to extend their fan base.

The Tragedy EP is available on 12", with a different cover. I've seen it a few times. I have a feeling one will come my way in the end 8)

Mark Tansly, who wrote most of the actual music in Susperia moved on to do a project called Intra Venus, which I haven't heard. Although the demos for his new solo album seem promising!

A reworked version of Allegedly Dancefloor Tragedy is available fro listening to on the interweb - its got vamped up music by Mark himself and vocals from Subterfuge's Clifford Ennis (who is a very nice bloke indeed). It's certainly worth a listen.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Maisey wrote:
I know for a fact we have a few lurking Nozzy fans, I'm lookin' at you Jez ;) In fact, I saw them quite recently and they were bloody good 8)
:eek:
Who? Me? No No No No No.......

Well, a little bit.
OK. Yes.

You bastard Maisey! You said you would never tell!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Well i love Suspiria, i got to know them around the first time i visit London so they always remind of those days. I actually have all their records (aka : tragedy ep, great & secret show,drama,dancfloor 12", greek split 12" with midnight config. incl. that negative sleeve edition of "great and secret show"). "far heavens" , "olympian and ivory" & "gods take dust" are goth at its best.
Even had a shirt of them..
I remember i bought "drama" from that crazy black guy at the late kensington market the first day i walked around London.
Top memories!!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

btw the "tragedy ep" was their first release and was only available on cd. The 12" of dancefloor tragedy just has remixes plus a cover of yazoo s "goodbye 70s" and i think this was their last release as only two compilations, one through nightbreed and one through cleopatra were released afterwards.

Intra-venus was more electro-orientated and their first release was quite interesting
psichonaut
Overbomber

Silence is platinum wrote: Intra-venus was more electro-orientated and their first release was quite interesting
very close to "techno-trance" played at the rave parties in late 90's, i'd add