Led Zep World tour 2009

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Word on the street..ok then Talk Sport news..is that the three members who played at the 02 show have convinced Mr Plant that a reunion tour is a much better prospect than touring with that folky tree hugging broad he's currently moping round the world with now.

So, get ya dialing fingers poised and ya bank balances over drawn ! Three old codgers and some random drummer ( if not Bonham's kid) are going to turning arenas worldwide into huge karaoke bars some time in 2009...

"I get a feeling when I look to the west" and suddenly realise that my house is on fire, d'oh ! :roll:
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek:

*fingers crossed for tickets not being several million quids*
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Actually i like what he's doing with Krauss. And i think reunions are disgusting. If they come here, guess i'll have to drag the woman to see it anyhow.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

itnAklipse wrote:If they come here, guess i'll have to drag the woman to see it anyhow.
:eek:

You mean to tell me that she's still with you? That poor girl needs her head examined, methinks. :urff: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

These are sad days when people decide to stoop to the same low as the one they're claiming to oppose and instigate another flame war. Practice what you preach.

On topic : I was too young to see Zep in its heyday, so I might make the effort anyway.
Ramone

Ahráyeph wrote:These are sad days when people decide to stoop to the same low as the one they're claiming to oppose and instigate another flame war. Practice what you preach.
Yeah, what he did just said! :D
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
James Blast
Banned

Plant Agrees To Zep Reunion?
25th September 2008

Three-quarters of Led Zeppelin have apparently given Robert Plant an ultimatum – rejoin the band for a tour or they’ll replace him.

Reports in various tabloids suggest that Page, Jones and Bonham have told Robert Plant that he can either tour with the band next year, or they will find a replacement to tour as their lead singer.

According to several of these reports the three non-singing Zep members have even been rehearsing at the Ritz Studios in London with an unnamed American singer and are prepared to ditch Plant for him.

One of those great “sources� said "They've been rehearsing frequently in London and the band is really gelling."

And today it seems that Plant has reluctantly agreed to the reunion tour. The Sun quotes another “source� as saying

“The rest of the band had all but given up on Robert joining them, but they were determined to go ahead so had started to seriously explore other avenues. When Robert realised the band were serious about doing it without him, it made him think long and hard. He realised he couldn’t face the thought of not being involved. The band were over the moon when he told them the news. They are now forging ahead with the tour plans and they can’t wait to get on the road.�

Now this is probably a load of old bull, but we can dream can’t we…

Jimmy Page Rejects Zep Rumours
10th September 2008

Jimmy Page has quickly poured cold water on the latest Zeppelin reunion rumours.

A coupe of weeks ago, Jason Bonham suggested that something might happen in the future after he revealed that he had been rehearsing with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones and that they had been working on new material.

However, speaking to reporters at the Toronto Film Festival he said “We're not actually really recording. We played at the O2. That was our reunion. It's nothing as monumental as what people are speculating and projecting.

“If you're going to do a reunion, you need four members.�

Another week, another rumour…

Page & Plant Fall Out
24th July 2008

A reported falling out between Jimmy Page and Robert Plant may have scuppered the Led Zeppelin reunion once and for all.

Now this may simply be scurrilous rumour, but according to The Sun a source claims that Plant was angered by Page not acknowledging him at the Mojo Awards last month when he picked up the Best Live Act award for the O2 show. A lengthy acceptance speech by Page failed to mention any of his bandmates.

According to the source “Robert was really disappointed that he didn’t merit a mention.�

Of all the reasons why Plant won’t do the reunion, this is probably the least likely. Could the tabloids be engineering a rift between the two? You decide…
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

don't know why i just don't give a sh!t about that.

it's always sad to look when someones trying to wear old boots.
Ramone

Booo.all in favour of having James Blast stricken from the forum for putting a downer on everyone..say Aye...' Ayyyyyye' the Aye's have it!!

I'd been on the Telegraph website and that's were I got the original story ( apart from talksport this morning). But sadly now it seems the only source' of information we have now is that bastion of all things fair and sensitive, the Sun, to rely on for our stories! Bollocks.

Ho hum..

Well,if the Who can tour using separate dressing rooms at either end of the stage and Deep Purple can rehearse an entire tour set in different countries and studios, then I think, Led Zep in all their Spinal Tap finest can muster a tour together even if it means using holograms!!

I dread to think who the stand by singers may of been... Astbury..Gawd help us all!!!
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

You liked The Doors of the 21 Century/Riders on the Storm, then, I take it? ;D
James Blast
Banned

twa words... Black Dog
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
snowey

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well that's that then. Can't say I'm surprised to be honest.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

No lemon squeezing then...
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
nomad
Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:No lemon squeezing then...
But maybe something else...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7695866.stm

:?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

nomad wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:No lemon squeezing then...
But maybe something else...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7695866.stm

:?
If they won't call a Plantless line-up Led Zeppelin, maybe they can revive Nena's career and call it 99 Lead Balloons... :innocent:

I'll get my cape.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mh
Above the Chemist

I never liked them so I wouldn't be bothered, but I don't see any problem with a reunion, with or without Plant. Who are we to dictate how Page and Jones decide to conduct their affairs anyway?

Hmmmm - me wonders if Ian Astbury is available...? :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

mh wrote:I never liked them so I wouldn't be bothered, but I don't see any problem with a reunion, with or without Plant. Who are we to dictate how Page and Jones decide to conduct their affairs anyway?

Hmmmm - me wonders if Ian Astbury is available...? :lol:
The issue is probably who owns the rights to use the Led Zeppelin brand. The remaining Doors have come to blows in the past about the use of the name, so it could be legal issue as much as anything else.
Hank Moody
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

just call it Unleded Zeppelin
EvilBastard
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:just call it Unleded Zeppelin
We've been down this road before - it won't end well...
Hank Moody
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

EvilBastard wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:just call it Unleded Zeppelin
We've been down this road before - it won't end well...
Eldritch does not sing lead vocals on the record.
Neither will Plant ;D
Francis
Overbomber

Oh dear. Zeppelin without Bonzo? Almost as unthinkable as Queen without Freddie.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.