introducing your child to TSOM music

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I always dispised it when parents forced their sons and daughters to listen to Bob Dylan / Joplin or Stones.

It's the best when a child explores music without (parental) guidance. Bite your cheek when they do 50 Cent or Slipknot: the more you get annoyed, the more they will like it.

Very fine if your 5 year old kid dances to Temple of Love instead of Kabouter Plop, but to them it;s the same sing-a-long. When they become adolescent, it stops and they will HATE old Heino Von.

although i don't have children...
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

My (almost) 2-years-old daughter dances to everything that has a beat in it. But Joy Division gets her on her feet anytime.

My three-weeks-old son craps/burps at any kind of music though :lol:
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

definitely adolescence :lol:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:My three-weeks-old son craps/burps at any kind of music though :lol:
Crap & Burp - sounds familiar :lol:

"Do I wind/Or am I winded?/Can I burp/What I've just eaten?"