Where's the bankers are wankers thread?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Eh? Does not compute... :P
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Silver_Owl
The Don

SINsister wrote:Eh? Does not compute... :P
It's very much an English thing. :wink:
And be glad you are not aware of this car crash of a woman.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well that will help :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I am a freelancer and receive around 10 work orders per week normally (translations from all kinds of companies) and have this week received...zero. I'm just hoping there is a big element of panic reaction to this decrease, otherwise I'm more or less broke when the Sisters hit Europe. Well, not just me... :(
eotunun
Overbomber

The Frankfurt stock index, the DAX, lost almost 25% this week.
B-L-I-M-E-Y! :eek:
If you'd burn that amount of money physically, Frankfurt would look like Iraq in late 1991..
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:
SINsister wrote:Eh? Does not compute... :P
It's very much an English thing. :wink:
And be glad you are not aware of this car crash of a woman.
aye :lol:

but in case you are terminally curious:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/colu ... 12,00.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Katona

:urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The fall in the markets and lack of bank lending is now starting to have a knock-on effect:

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2008/10/ ... ue-to.html

If the info from the above article is even 50% accurate, this does not bode well (he said with customary understatement).

Related article (quoted in above blog post) in full.

We're going from clusterf*ck to FUBAR.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

At least our ships aren't sinking :P

Chaos and disorder - my favourite states
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Francis
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:These so called "dodgy loans" were used by many investors to make money. With individual freedom, its up to the individual to make their own successes and mistakes. Really, if you're going to borrow half a million (or more) dollars, read the fine print, get your calculator out, and do your homework, and don't just rely on what the person selling you the loan is telling you. Its that simple.
Yes, agreed, you can't blame anyone else for your not doing the maths. Point is, the wrecklesness of the banks is now affecting my well considered financial situation. And yours.

I'll see you on the dark side...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
nodubmanshouts

And that is a very good point. So sensible people like us are now faced with a choice-

* stick to our principles, and have the housing market continue to be decline for several more years.

* unhinge our principles, and help them out; have the housing market recover quicker to ours and their benefit.

Personally, I go for the later, but people need to take responsibility for their actions, perhaps by a dramatic decrease in credit scoure at the very least.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nodubmanshouts wrote:a dramatic decrease in credit scoure at the very least.
I think that lending will be much harder to come by for a long time now.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nodubmanshouts

Everyone's saying how hard it is to get loans now, but I just got a $20,000 loan for a new car with low interest and zero money down; I assume because I have a good credit score.

I think we're going to get a world divided by credit score -- those you have good ones, and those who don't, and those who don't will be the new "poor".
DeWinter

markfiend wrote:F*cking hell have I stumbled into the Daily Mail forums?
Wouldn't know, I'm a Telegraph man. Makes me Tory-inclined but without the Mail's obsession with gypsies and migrants.
Francis
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:Everyone's saying how hard it is to get loans now, but I just got a $20,000 loan for a new car with low interest and zero money down; I assume because I have a good credit score.

I think we're going to get a world divided by credit score -- those you have good ones, and those who don't, and those who don't will be the new "poor".
Perhaps. But we've just received a letter from LloydsTSB offering us a personal loan of upto £20k based on a joint account which has £1k dumped into it each month with about 30 quid left after various direct debits have been taken out. Seems they haven't learnt their lesson yet!!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.