Sisters in new set-list shock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
lachert wrote:i remember adam with bass but chris... not so sure.
Aye, that was what I was thinking about as well.
Maybe it was Ben not Chris then.
It was definitely Ben in Glasgow 2006.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Bartek wrote:i remember that Ben was holding bass on "Romeo" and "Never land" at gig in Krakow 2006.
according to my "nurse's cue-sheet for the doktor" from notts 2006 the bass on romeo is avalanche generated but -and this is the only track annotated thus- "von stops bass".
one for the trivia fans. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

even just for nostalgia's sake

That is why Von would not agree to the idea of the "original" line-up. It will NEVER happen.
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I personally,never want any carnation of the Sisters to play again. As far as I'm concerned that particular boat has sailed. Anything now would just be just like s**t on the past and all that the Sisters meant to me at the time. And the part they played in the soundtrack of my youth.

The only reason I would even consider putting the idea to my friend to possibly attempt a re-formation would be for the benefit of others. Those who live for nostalgia and those who misguidedly still carry a torch for the Sisters today.

But if it was just down to a financial obligations and rewards on the part of all parties involved - then that would just make them mercenaries and lining the pockets of people like that would be something I could never forgive myself for.

I for one, have no shame to admit that when The Sisters walked off the stage at the end of the Albert Hall back in 1985 - to me and many others , that was the last ever Sisters gig. Everything else has just been a caricature of a once fine band.

"The Sisters were like a shooting star that burned in the night sky and then just burnt itself out " : That Guitarist.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

and i thought all the f**king ramones were brown bread too! :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sultan2075
Overbomber

Ramone wrote:
But if it was just down to a financial obligations and rewards on the part of all parties involved - then that would just make them mercenaries and lining the pockets of people like that would be something I could never forgive myself for.
What's wrong with doing it for the money? It's not like they were CRASS or something.

Not like it'd happen anyway.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Ramone wrote:I personally,never want any carnation of the Sisters to play again. As far as I'm concerned that particular boat has sailed. Anything now would just be just like s**t on the past and all that the Sisters meant to me at the time. And the part they played in the soundtrack of my youth.

The only reason I would even consider putting the idea to my friend to possibly attempt a re-formation would be for the benefit of others. Those who live for nostalgia and those who misguidedly still carry a torch for the Sisters today.

I for one, have no shame to admit that when The Sisters walked off the stage at the end of the Albert Hall back in 1985 - to me and many others , that was the last ever Sisters gig. Everything else has just been a caricature of a once fine band.

"The Sisters were like a shooting star that burned in the night sky and then just burnt itself out " : That Guitarist.
To me, when Hussey left, we finally found time for sex. This ugly ching chong 12-string was burned and replaced for a groovy thang.
guns & cars & accidents
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:i remember that Ben was holding bass on "Romeo" and "Never land" at gig in Krakow 2006.
also in Brussels 11.05.2006 for Neverland & wrong

never seen Chris with a bass, but Ben deffo..
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

More, Logic and SKOS would be my cup of tea...no idea how More would work without female singers, though, maybe it wouldn't. Would also love to hear what Valentine (or Kiss the Carpet) sounds like with this lineup matured to peak.

Plus new ones.

i generally like anything they'll play :D Except that don't bring back Adrenochrome, my sense of humour doesn't stretch that far.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Dark
Underneath the Rock

itnAklipse wrote:my sense of humour
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Heartland would be my best guess

lots of guitars in that, so the boys can have a thorough workout.
Immodium for the people
mh
Above the Chemist

Vakentine. Power chords. Half the lyrics left out. 2 minutes flat.

Any bets?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
bismarck

xx :innocent:
Last edited by bismarck on 25 Oct 2008, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
bismarck

Ramone wrote: But the original line up or one involving Hussey, Eldtrich and Marx and possibly a heavily sedated Adams is the only line up that a promoter who even knows or remembers who the Sisters are, would even think about promoting them 'properly'. A friend of mine tried in earnest to re-unite the Sisters for some one off shows a few years ago, but he had no 'real' leads to reach Eldritch. I think I may try and rekindle his interest once more over a pint.. Ya never know , the stars my be willing to realign one last time. If the price is right!
you'd have better luck getting Eldritch to join Destiny's Child, i'm afraid.
RobF

bismarck wrote: you'd have better luck getting Eldritch to join Destiny's Child, i'm afraid.
I'd pick up my kitbag again for those shows.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."