Chicago - House of Blues November 17

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

*peeks in* ahem. um. hello - long, long time lurker here - figured I'd start the Chicago thread. Saw the tour dates first here and realized the Chicago show is on my boyfriend's birthday - so I mentioned the show to him but didn't tell him I already bought tickets. :D We were at the Chicago show the last time around too, at Metro (supposed to be at Congress Theater which is where we went first, then had to drive across town to get to the Metro) 'Bout time we went to Chicago again - we're 2 hours away, and whenever we decide to get out of town for a weekend we end up going to Indianapolis because he lived there for years and knows his way around - I still think Chicago is much more fun though.

So - anybody else going to be there? I'll be the short girl (maybe taller if I wear heels) with the hot pink pixie haircut. Will be my second Sisters show - will be boyfriend's 4th (first time he saw them in '97 I think, Philadelphia, I would have just been starting high school and didn't know of the Sisters) He might have introduced me to the music (was already listening to a lot of Bauhaus/Cure/Wax Trax/what have you) but I think I'm just as big of a fan, if not bigger - I am the one with all the bootlegged live shows anyways. :innocent:

What a great fall - first Thrill Kill in a few weeks, then Sisters! Woot! Anyone know a good place to go after the show on the 17th? When we saw Bauhaus in '05 we went to Neo afterwards, and while it was fun it was pretty dead, probably since it was a Tuesday - this being on a Monday isn't much better.

Hmm. Long first post - well, consider this my introduction then. As long as I don't get scared back into lurk mode I look forward to posting and contributing to this fine forum you've got going here.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
psichonaut
Overbomber

welome aboard...enjoy the show and let us know if some of your friend will tape it
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Hey there, Nicole! ;D *Waves*
I lived in Chi for nearly 9 years; saw The Sissies there twice (used to be a Neo denizen as well...alas). Pleased to meetcha! :)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Took forever to respond to this - pleased to meetcha as well. :D
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Posted this in the opener thread too - just saw that DJ Scary Lady Sarah will be playing at this show.
livinginhell
Road Kill

This will be my first chance in years to see the Sisters, as I reside in a sandhole called Dubai in the Middle East. I still regret, that I had to miss the silver bullet tour and I am looking so forward to Chicago.
The first time I saw the Sisters was in the 80's in Bielefeld, Germany and I was instantly hooked. Before 2004, when I moved away, my friends and I made it a habit to see at least one concert of every tour, which led us to "exotic" tours like "The Sisters in Brazil", "The Sisters in Scotland" ( that Glasgow concert some time around 2000/2001 was by the way one of the best Sisters gigs I've ever seen). Anyway, this will be my first "The Sisters in the US" concert and I literally moved heaven and hell to make it there - I am quite excited, also b/c my face is not getting any younger and one feels a little alienated nowadays with all those youngsters around...haha just kiddin'...
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Wow, lucky you for seeing so many Sisters shows, especially in so many cool places! Glad to see someone else from around this board going to Chicago - I'm only a couple hours away myself, I love that city though. If I could choose another place to live that would be it. I've never been to House of Blues, and seems like most reviews (of the venue itself) are mixed, so we shall see - though of course I'm more concerned with the band. Should be a great night!

Youngsters making you feel alienated? I'm 26, does that count? :wink: I've got friends of all ages, from 18 to 40. The last Sisters show I went to looked like a pretty mixed crowd, age-wise.
livinginhell
Road Kill

" Alienated" most probably was the wrong term ( sorry, not a native speaker). Insecure would have been the word of choice.... Before I moved to the "sandhole" I lived 80 miles away from Chicago in Milwaukee and I remember from that time how cool Chicago is. I am also excited about the venue. In Las Vegas the House of Blues is great, but I also had mixed feedbacks about the Chicago branch. Anyway, I hope it will be a great show because I really deserve a treat ... good Sisters gigs are better than anything else and one feels really "lifted" for a while... especially if one has to fly back to chaos and disorder...
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Well I'm glad you can make it - sure sounds like you deserve a treat! Feel free to say hi if you spot me (might post a pic soon, as my avatar) I'm short (bout 5'3")and small, but my hair is hard to miss (short and a shade of bright purply-pink) But then, at a show like this, there might be lots of hair that's hard to miss. :lol: The boyfriend and I are quite friendly, we enjoy chatting with strangers.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Coming to this one...the only North American show I can do. Cannot wait... :D
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I'm trying to talk my best pal (my ex-bf) into attending the HoB show. He's quite socially-phobic, and is loathe to go out alone. Still, he forced himself to attend a recent Thrill Kill gig, so there's hope for him yet! ;D
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:I'm trying to talk my best pal (my ex-bf) into attending the HoB show. He's quite socially-phobic, and is loathe to go out alone. Still, he forced himself to attend a recent Thrill Kill gig, so there's hope for him yet! ;D
Hehe - I saw the last TKK tour also - attended the Indianapolis show though instead of Chicago - my boyfriend lived there for 5 years so we know our way around better and it's also a bit cheaper for us to travel there rather than make the trip to Chicago. If I had the money I would have gone to both, fantastic show.

I know I'm a newbie and all but if he doesn't want to be completely alone we would gladly meet up with him, depending on how socially-phobic he is on meeting complete strangers the day of the gig. But it might beat being in the crowd completely alone. We don't bite. :twisted:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

This just in:

Mr. X is indeed at the show, and I'm expecting a full review in the a.m...

:von:
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:This just in:

Mr. X is indeed at the show, and I'm expecting a full review in the a.m...

:von:
Just waitin' the setlist :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop