Bands who sound like the *current* Sisters?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ff
Road Kill

all music is wrote before sisters and etc. :) sounds only is leading factor. i like Vons busines machine :)
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Merry Thoughts stuff just might be rejected Sisters B-sides (or A-sides), for what it's worth. I think that the production on 'Psychocult' is the only thing holding that album back. It sounds very, uh, demo-esque, shall we say. But it's still good, especially in MONO. Give it a try. You might hear something familiar.

Rosetta Stone was awesome, but Porl's current miserylab is pretty awesome in it's own way, as long as you aren't expecting 100% Rosetta Stone.

Oh and Nosferatu was ok on that first day you might have disovered them, but like the girl you met at the Batcave one night while drunk, seems fun and interesting at first but in the morning, when all the make-up and beer are gone. Well, you get the picture.

:innocent:

Remember to try TMT in MONO, and if you're listening to Millennium Done I: Empire Songs, please crank up the bass. :von:
"... because we're that kind of people."
Ferrette
Road Kill

Try Midnight Configuration's "Parallel Worlds."
Casar
Road Kill

Vulgaria sounds occassionally like a modern TSOM, occassionally not. Nothing is recorded as far as I know so that´s merely a knowing for the chosen few. Last I checked they were about to record something though.
Carcharoth
Road Kill

Prescott wrote:The Merry Thoughts stuff just might be rejected Sisters B-sides (or A-sides), for what it's worth. I think that the production on 'Psychocult' is the only thing holding that album back. It sounds very, uh, demo-esque, shall we say. But it's still good, especially in MONO. Give it a try. You might hear something familiar.

Rosetta Stone was awesome, but Porl's current miserylab is pretty awesome in it's own way, as long as you aren't expecting 100% Rosetta Stone.

Oh and Nosferatu was ok on that first day you might have disovered them, but like the girl you met at the Batcave one night while drunk, seems fun and interesting at first but in the morning, when all the make-up and beer are gone. Well, you get the picture.

:innocent:

Remember to try TMT in MONO, and if you're listening to Millennium Done I: Empire Songs, please crank up the bass. :von:
TMT weren't horrible or anything like that, I just didn't find them to be anything special. An OK band, even if the songs mostly sounded like second-rate, discarded Sisters songs :lol:

Haven't heard Miserylab, but I'll check them out sometime. As for Nosferatur, they're OK, but nothing really amazing.
Rat_Bastard
Road Kill

Carcharoth wrote:
TMT weren't horrible or anything like that, I just didn't find them to be anything special. An OK band, even if the songs mostly sounded like second-rate, discarded Sisters songs :lol:
Back in '97, a friend of mine believed quite strongly that The Merry Thoughts were actually TSOM operating and releasing albums under a different name, because she had thought that she heard TSOM play some TMT songs at the one-off gig that TSOM did in Philly that year. Since she wasn't especially familiar with TMT, I'm assuming that she heard some of the (then) new stuff, and somehow confused the songs with TMT songs that she had heard at some point prior.
Holofernes
Road Kill

Who am I? I'm nobody.

But my recommendations for a First and Last style mix disk include:

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Hollow Eyes
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Spinning Round
Cassandra Complex - Motherad
Obsequey - Judas Heart
Jet Black berries - Shadowdrive
Merry Thoughts - Low Violet
Merry Thoughts - Dreamland

I too have friends who thought Merry Thoughts to be a lost Sisters slab - lol.