springsteen covers suicide?!?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

what the hell?

Bruce Springsteen and the Horrors will serve up the first tracks of a series of limited edition 10" EP of Suicide covers.

October 6th will see the release of 4,000 copies of the first two EPs, which feature The Boss' live rendition of 'Dream Baby Dream', along with The Horrors getting their big hair around 'Shadazz', as featured on Suicide's off-overlooked second album. The sleeve for the Springsteen release will feature artwork by Edward Mapplethorpe.

Blastfirstpetite will be putting out the series, and each releases will also be available in a limited download format. You can pre-order the releases at the Blast First website.

Other artists lending their interpretative talents to the Suicide tribute series include Primal Scream, Peaches, Grinderman, Spiritualised, Sunn 0)) + Pansonic, Julian Cope, Lydia Lunch, and Vincent Gallo. Upcoming bands include Beat The Devil/Shilpa Ray, No Bra, HTRK, X-Vectors, Nik Void, Effi Briest, S.C.U.M., and Stephen Burroughs.

Watch Bruce Springsteen performing 'Dream Baby Dream' here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPloPHGbjc

:eek:

preview in iTunes
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Damn it. *rushes to Blastfirstpetite to see whether they need any more artists*
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:No Bra
WTF!!! :eek: :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

euhm... didn't you announce these tribute to Suicide ep's a while ago on these here forum, Quiff? :innocent:

Anyway, I have the Springsteen 10" and it's just brilliant. It wasn't easy to get, but I'm on the lookout for the others too!
And 'a limited edition of 4000 copies each' is only half the truth, there are 2 pressings of the Springsteen 10" both limited to 4000 copies :wink:
in dub we trust
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:No Bra
WTF!!! :eek: :eek:
You beat me to it :lol:
Mr. ED
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:what the hell?

Bruce Springsteen and the Horrors will serve up the first tracks of a series of limited edition 10" EP of Suicide covers.

October 6th will see the release of 4,000 copies of the first two EPs, which feature The Boss' live rendition of 'Dream Baby Dream', along with The Horrors getting their big hair around 'Shadazz', as featured on Suicide's off-overlooked second album. The sleeve for the Springsteen release will feature artwork by Edward Mapplethorpe.

Blastfirstpetite will be putting out the series, and each releases will also be available in a limited download format. You can pre-order the releases at the Blast First website.

Other artists lending their interpretative talents to the Suicide tribute series include Primal Scream, Peaches, Grinderman, Spiritualised, Sunn 0)) + Pansonic, Julian Cope, Lydia Lunch, and Vincent Gallo. Upcoming bands include Beat The Devil/Shilpa Ray, No Bra, HTRK, X-Vectors, Nik Void, Effi Briest, S.C.U.M., and Stephen Burroughs.

Watch Bruce Springsteen performing 'Dream Baby Dream' here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPloPHGbjc

:eek:

preview in iTunes
Quiffy,

The guy who engineered Floodland (Larry Alexander) is the same guy who engineered Springsteen's Greetings From Asbury Park, The Wild, The Innocent & The East Street Shuffle, and Suicide's first self-titled album.

And he also mastered/mixed (in part) all of The Lost Patrol CDs. :wink:

I recently bowled with Larry down in Asbury Park. He should definitely keep his day job. :lol:

Ed
Jesus Saves... but Espo tips in the rebound!