the South has fallen again (Richmond 2008)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Multifaceted wrote: I do have to add, though, that I'm amazingly surprised at the "ladies'" shirts this time around. I remember last time they came to the US, I made a comment on Dominion about the lack of "girly" sized versions of regular shirts. Then, lo and behold... awesome fitted shirts this time around.
Perhaps you'd be good enough to suggest a new album then?

Richmond

split tracks 192 kbps mp3 files
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thank you (again), Bismarck!

Some comments about the fire alarm in the beginning of this Hypernova backstage video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKMiuAtPaa0
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Multifaceted wrote:
I looked closer and I think they're printed with a silver foil underneath, and that's why they're shiny...at parts the foil shows through and it *almost* looks like sparkles.

I'm still wasting my time waiting for work, so I have pictures:
:notworthy: Very nice - I'm definitely picking up one of these.

Can anyone describe the other merch? I've heard there's another t-shirt, a hoodie, a hat, badges? And are the "girly" shirts the same cut (they were printed on AA shirts I think) as last time around? My "militant sex machine" shirt always fit me strangely (I don't like the sleeves for some reason, nor the v-neck) not to mention the only way it shrank was it got shorter. :evil: I'm small to begin with, short torso even, but I have to wear a shirt underneath mine and it drives me nuts. Anyone remember how much stuff is selling for too? Just wondering how much I should plan on spending. :P

I'll probably pick up the tour shirt and the other one myself, definitely some badges for my coat (I've been searching the internet for some for ages), maybe the hoodie - seems the only place to get Sisters shirts anymore is tours - I've only got the one from the last US tour, and a bootlegged one I bought on ebay (just plain black with the "Merciful Release" logo on the front) Boyfriend got one of the Silver Bullet tour ones last time around, wish I would have gotten one too - course he's also got a couple others (also from shows - one with the "Body and Soul" cover on the front, from the Philly '97 show, and I think an "Event Horizon" shirt from '98 ) that are practically falling apart.
Last edited by Nicole on 09 Nov 2008, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@Nicole....merch prices as follows: hoodie-$45; beanie-$20; buttons/badges-$10; Utterly Bastard girlie shirt-$30.00. Those were the costs in Philly-tour shirt wasn't available yet. However, if you go to the show & would like to pick me up one....I'd be more than happy to wire you the money in advance :D Btw, hoodie is fairly warm....that & a t-shirt are all that's needed on a 40-45 degree morning.
I bled all I can, I won't bleed no more
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks DancingtheGhost - I'm betting the tour shirt is $30, I seem to remember that's how much all of them were last time. A warm hoodie sounds nice - I work in an unheated warehouse at a computer so I'm always freezing at work in fall and winter, I always need warm clothes!
I wouldn't mind at all picking up a shirt for you - seems a lot of people missed out on them. I've got a Paypal account if that would work. I'll PM you and we can work it out. :)
Petseri
Overbomber

The tour shirts cost $30 in Richmond.
Garbageman

How much is the merchandise?
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Garbageman

Ignore my last post...must learn to read before I post!!!!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Petseri
Overbomber

Garbageman wrote:How much is the merchandise?
See posts 54 and 56 in this thread. Other than those items, Hypernova's CD goes for $10 and Eureka Machines' CD goes for $15, I think.
Petseri
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:
Petseri wrote:13. Chris wore boots this time, not soft soled shoes. Andrew had on a black shirt, so he did not glow as he did with his bright yellow one earlier. Ben, as usual, wore a black sleeveless top. And pants.
Thank you for that. What did the bartender wear?
No idea, but one of the guitarists liked some of the clothes available from one of the venues. So did a fan. (like this)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Kurbythegreat
Amphetamine Filth

Downloaded and ready for the ears.
very much appreciate the pics of the new shirt.
Thanks!!
"We left you sleeping. Now we are sleeping with you. Don't wake up."
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

The girlie shirts (UBG and tour shirt) are definitely not the same cut/shape as the Militant Sex Machine one. They are longer, very slightly "cut according to body shape" (a tiny bit narrower at the waist) and I think they have a round neck. S to XL size is available.
You can't fix stupid.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:The girlie shirts (UBG and tour shirt) are definitely not the same cut/shape as the Militant Sex Machine one. They are longer, very slightly "cut according to body shape" (a tiny bit narrower at the waist) and I think they have a round neck. S to XL size is available.
good cause I feel kinda weird in my militant sex machine shirt. I dunno it just doesn't fit right
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:The girlie shirts (UBG and tour shirt) are definitely not the same cut/shape as the Militant Sex Machine one. They are longer, very slightly "cut according to body shape" (a tiny bit narrower at the waist) and I think they have a round neck. S to XL size is available.
Good news indeed. :D I can't figure out what to do with the "militant sex machine" one - either continue wearing it like I have, usually with a longer black tank underneath (even though I still don't like how it's cut) or DIY it and cut the print off the front and back and sew it onto another shirt. I have a Gang of Four t-shirt that is the exact style of the MSM shirt too, I don't wear either one of them much because I don't like the fit - which is a real shame when you consider they were $30 shirts bought at shows. :evil:
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

sziamiau wrote:
good cause I feel kinda weird in my militant sex machine shirt. I dunno it just doesn't fit right
yep, same complaint as me. Just not crazy about it.
Prescott

Off to Photobucket, will return shortly. ;)
"... because we're that kind of people."
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

By the way: I just noticed that the girlie shirt is a darker grey than the normal tour shirt. :D
You can't fix stupid.
Prescott

Enjoy:

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60 ... eNational/

Feel free to embed wherever. I relinquish all rights to Andrew Eldritch.
:von:
"... because we're that kind of people."
Petseri
Overbomber

Also, thanks goes out for some video surfacing. :notworthy: Links appearing in the video thread:

Crash and Burn
Flood I
Dominion
Train - Detonation Boulevard:
Petseri
Overbomber

Prescott wrote:Enjoy:

http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60 ... eNational/

Feel free to embed wherever. I relinquish all rights to Andrew Eldritch.
:von:
Very nice. :notworthy: :notworthy:

This one looks as though it could be from Summer.
Last edited by Petseri on 10 Nov 2008, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
dontbemad
Road Kill

We had problems with the smoke all day at the Richmond gig while setting it up. We "thought" to have agreed on a level that would not end up setting the alarms off during the show. They ended up pumping it out at full force knowing it would set off the alarms. Once the smoke had set off the alarms about 15 times and they had first agreed not to use it for the rest of the show , we even set up our own in house hazer so they could still have the light show they wanted. They did turn it off for a few minutes. Then once again it continued to be pumped out at full force. I was standing right next to one of the smoke machines that was supposedly off while it continued to pump out smoke. That is when production and the fire marshall told them to turn it off or shows over. So they decided that having thick smoke was more important than playing the music the fans wanted to hear , so they chose to end the set early , not the fire marshall. It also came out during the load out of the show that this was the third time it has happened on this tour which has only been going for about 2 weeks now. It does suck that we have a sensitive fire system , but it had been noted in the advancement of the show as well once it became clear that they used as much smoke as they do. So the continuation of the show relied simply on the fact that they couldn't use anymore smoke machines and would have to use our in house hazer that we know will not set off the alarms anymore and they could play. It was actually a bit funny to hear them tell us "but we aren't even using the smoke machine" while standing in a huge cloud of smoke it had just pumped out. Sorry it ended the way it did , we really didn't want the show to end , if you think about it. The longer people are there drinking the more money is made.
bismarck

dontbemad wrote:We had problems with the smoke all day at the Richmond gig while setting it up. We "thought" to have agreed on a level that would not end up setting the alarms off during the show. They ended up pumping it out at full force knowing it would set off the alarms. Once the smoke had set off the alarms about 15 times and they had first agreed not to use it for the rest of the show , we even set up our own in house hazer so they could still have the light show they wanted. They did turn it off for a few minutes. Then once again it continued to be pumped out at full force. I was standing right next to one of the smoke machines that was supposedly off while it continued to pump out smoke. That is when production and the fire marshall told them to turn it off or shows over. So they decided that having thick smoke was more important than playing the music the fans wanted to hear , so they chose to end the set early , not the fire marshall. It also came out during the load out of the show that this was the third time it has happened on this tour which has only been going for about 2 weeks now. It does suck that we have a sensitive fire system , but it had been noted in the advancement of the show as well once it became clear that they used as much smoke as they do. So the continuation of the show relied simply on the fact that they couldn't use anymore smoke machines and would have to use our in house hazer that we know will not set off the alarms anymore and they could play. It was actually a bit funny to hear them tell us "but we aren't even using the smoke machine" while standing in a huge cloud of smoke it had just pumped out. Sorry it ended the way it did , we really didn't want the show to end , if you think about it. The longer people are there drinking the more money is made.
Regardless of what happened, or what we all think about the venue or the band or the smoke machines or the Fire Marshall, it was good of you (someone from the venue) to come on our boards and explain / apologize. Thanks.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
paul
Overbomber

dontbemad wrote:We had problems with the smoke all day at the Richmond gig while setting it up. We "thought" to have agreed on a level that would not end up setting the alarms off during the show. They ended up pumping it out at full force knowing it would set off the alarms. Once the smoke had set off the alarms about 15 times and they had first agreed not to use it for the rest of the show , we even set up our own in house hazer so they could still have the light show they wanted. They did turn it off for a few minutes. Then once again it continued to be pumped out at full force. I was standing right next to one of the smoke machines that was supposedly off while it continued to pump out smoke. That is when production and the fire marshall told them to turn it off or shows over. So they decided that having thick smoke was more important than playing the music the fans wanted to hear , so they chose to end the set early , not the fire marshall. It also came out during the load out of the show that this was the third time it has happened on this tour which has only been going for about 2 weeks now. It does suck that we have a sensitive fire system , but it had been noted in the advancement of the show as well once it became clear that they used as much smoke as they do. So the continuation of the show relied simply on the fact that they couldn't use anymore smoke machines and would have to use our in house hazer that we know will not set off the alarms anymore and they could play. It was actually a bit funny to hear them tell us "but we aren't even using the smoke machine" while standing in a huge cloud of smoke it had just pumped out. Sorry it ended the way it did , we really didn't want the show to end , if you think about it. The longer people are there drinking the more money is made.
that makes sense.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I would be very surprised if the Sisters' touring contract fails to include stipulations about the smoke machines. (I understand that they even have a clause allowing them to cancel a gig if they're billed as Sisters Of Mercy without the word "The".)

Don't blame the band if your venue isn't up to the job of staging a Sisters show.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell