Slightly confused by.....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

The perfume advert I've just seen..for something by Boss I believe. Instrumental music - The Hardest Walk by The Jesus And Mary Chain.
What's the world coming to? :?

First Jon Lydon advertising butter now this.
What next? Ian Curtis on the Nationwide adverts? :evil: :roll:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:The perfume advert I've just seen..for something by Boss I believe. Instrumental music - The Hardest Walk by The Jesus And Mary Chain.
What's the world coming to? :?

First Jon Lydon advertising butter now this.
What next? Ian Curtis on the Nationwide adverts? :evil: :roll:
Oy. I've seen some strange stuff used for commercials but I think that one has them all beat. Though a cover of Morrissey's "Everyday is Like Sunday" being used in a NFL Network advert totally caught me off guard at the beginning of football (American) season - Sunday being THE day for the NFL and all. Course they left out all the lyrics about the "seaside town they forgot to close down" and "come Armageddon" and such. :urff:

As far as Ian Curtis goes - there was a clip of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" played on "American Dad" last night. (is that actually broadcast outside the US? animated series by the same guy that does Family Guy) Of course it was the stereotypical overdone goth kids playing it. Though I did laugh when Steve walked into the dark, candlelit room and said "It smells like a Depeche Mode concert in here" :lol:
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...
psichonaut
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote: What next? Ian Curtis on the Nationwide adverts? :evil: :roll:
nope but a "yellow book" about his death is incoming :?
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

don't mention the rotten/butter affair. life-long hero status is not necessarily accompanied by a "get out of jail free" card *. :roll: :evil:

*unless you are eldritch or lemmy. :von: :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Robert Smith ~Vidal Baboon-because you're worth it
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Mr. Curtis's "advertising" a sneakers, rly!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I heard an advert (I don't know what it was for, I wasn't properly paying attention) that I swear had Good Things playing at the end.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bauhaus' bela lugosi's dead was used in a tv ad for land rovers a couple of years ago. now THAT was odd :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:bauhaus' bela lugosi's dead was used in a tv ad for land rovers a couple of years ago. now THAT was odd :o
Oh yeah I remember that. :eek:

Anyone remember the 'Venus In Furs' tyre ad by Tony Kaye (heh, shows the power of advertising; I remember that it was Tony Kaye, but not what brand of tyres...)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Venus In Furs was Michelin or Dunlop, I think. Very strange advert...

Spiritualized have been in a few - Toffee Crisp, Volkswagen, and maybe one other. :urff:

Although there's something cool about good music getting wider exposure, and maybe some kid somewhere will quite like it, find out who it is, and get into it
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hom_Corleone wrote: What next? Ian Curtis on the Nationwide adverts? :evil: :roll:
The Charlatans "Can't Get Out Of Bed" is currently being used in an advert for Benylin! :eek:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

mh wrote:Venus In Furs was Michelin or Dunlop, I think. Very strange advert...

Spiritualized have been in a few - Toffee Crisp, Volkswagen, and maybe one other. :urff:

Although there's something cool about good music getting wider exposure, and maybe some kid somewhere will quite like it, find out who it is, and get into it
The ad was for Dunlop and it was pretty damn' weird. At the risk of coming out of the closet on this one, I credit that ad with prompting me to find out more about the Velvets and Lou Reed.

My fave music-related ad is the one Lemmy did for some insurance company. You see him backstage, on the phone, discussing coverage, but when he sees the camera he breaks off and says something like "Oh yeah, and fill the bath with whipped cream and tequila." Top geezer.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

DerekR wrote:
The Charlatans "Can't Get Out Of Bed" is currently being used in an advert for Benylin! :eek:
aye, saw that yesterday. wtf? :lol: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:I credit that ad with prompting me to find out more about the Velvets and Lou Reed.
Good stuff 8)

Re Tony Kaye: I remember someone when I was doing my Visual Communications degree saying something along the lines of:

Any ad Tony Kaye does is like this:
TONY KAYE!!!!!
product tony kaye is being paid to advertise
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

let's not forget pot noodles and the ace of spades. :roll:

eastmidswhizzkid

or the bbc being advertised by hordes of it's worst stars singing about the joys of taking smack. :twisted:

eastmidswhizzkid

....and that song about paedophiles by babybird or some such being used for a beauty product/baby lotion/other utterly inappropriate product. :eek:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:or the bbc being advertised by hordes of it's worst stars singing about the joys of taking smack. :twisted:
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
Image Image Image Image Image
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:let's not forget pot noodles and the ace of spades. :roll:
"Eat this, watch this"
Fcukin' TOP advert, made all the better by the knowledge that it triggered epileptic episodes among some viewers. I can just imagine Lemmy's reaction to that bit of news - "Screw biting the heads off bats, yeah - my music really fcuks with your head. Now giz a fag."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
christophe
Overbomber

no one mentioned Robin Hood's Alice :lol:
Another Shade of You.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

who the f**k is Alice?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
christophe
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:who the f**k is Alice?
no the other one. clicky :wink:
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

EvilBastard wrote:My fave music-related ad is the one Lemmy did for some insurance company. You see him backstage, on the phone, discussing coverage, but when he sees the camera he breaks off and says something like "Oh yeah, and fill the bath with whipped cream and tequila." Top geezer.
Lemmy in the Kit-Kat ad

Lemmy with Walkers Crisps
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

not of interest then
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele