Paradiso Feb 24th.

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
I'd prefer a bar where smoking is still "allowed".
You mean there's no more Coffee Shops. :eek: :innocent:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
splintered thing wrote:We are still planning, but hopefully me and Mr splintered thing will be there!! Very excited.
Nice to have the Australian contingent representing. :wink:

So...any suggestions for a decent bar pre gig to meet up?
I'd prefer a bar where smoking is still "allowed". Though I thought there where none left in Holland ever since the ban earlier this year, I was nicely suprised last Saturday visiting a bar where smoking was no problem at all. :D
Well, what about Stones Cafe in the Red Light District. You can get stoned and drink in there. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Plenty of those but you can't get a descent drink in there. ;D

@ Hom: Sounds just fine Steve! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Plenty of those but you can't get a descent drink in there. ;D

@ Hom: Sounds just fine Steve! :wink:
OK. Anybody objections? Music is a bit Euro pop but we could always take over the sound system. :innocent: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
TheBoyNextDoor

No objections here. As long as we take over the sound system, which I'm counting on. :lol:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I like euro pop - it's just a matter of enough beer :wink:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Time to update that "who's joining" list Steve?! :wink:
alice
Amphetamine Filth

I think I will. Amsterdam, and Hamburg two days later seems cool. But Paradiso is such a great venue.
Elvis meets Kierkegaard
jenzi-benzi

:urff: :urff: :urff:

me not, i am approx 12,000 miles away
Drenchrom

Tickets have arrived. I'll be there.

matt..
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

After about three years of lurking in the guise of a 'guest' I've finally got around to signing up!
Is the Paradiso pretty easy to find? Despite actually spending around a year living in the Netherlands around 2002/3 the only bit I ever saw of Amsterdam was Schipol - so if anyone could offer me a few pointers I'd be very grateful!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Incidentally, does anyone have any ideas on how to buy tickets? I clicked on the link from the live news page but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets on it... I also tried ticketmaster nl but they didn't show a listing.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

bangles wrote:Incidentally, does anyone have any ideas on how to buy tickets? I clicked on the link from the live news page but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets on it... I also tried ticketmaster nl but they didn't show a listing.
They do here.
http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist. ... S+OF+MERCY
mh
Above the Chemist

Andrew S wrote:
bangles wrote:Incidentally, does anyone have any ideas on how to buy tickets? I clicked on the link from the live news page but there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets on it... I also tried ticketmaster nl but they didn't show a listing.
They do here.
http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/artist. ... S+OF+MERCY
Yup, that's where I got mine. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Sid Wainwright wrote:After about three years of lurking in the guise of a 'guest' I've finally got around to signing up!
Is the Paradiso pretty easy to find? Despite actually spending around a year living in the Netherlands around 2002/3 the only bit I ever saw of Amsterdam was Schipol - so if anyone could offer me a few pointers I'd be very grateful!
Wow, so you worked as an employee on Schiphol, or what?

(Ah, Netherlands has more than Amsterdam, true. Typically big city-behaviour, very wrong)

But Sid. Does Google Earth or online roadmaps exist on the planet where you live...?

It is very to find. Take streetcar 1, 2, or 5 from the Central Station and hop off at the Leidseplein.

Lucky you, you have few months to find out how to travel from Schiphol to CS. :innocent:
guns & cars & accidents
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:
Sid Wainwright wrote:After about three years of lurking in the guise of a 'guest' I've finally got around to signing up!
Wow, so you worked as an employee on Schiphol, or what?

(Ah, Netherlands has more than Amsterdam, true. Typically big city-behaviour, very wrong)

But Sid. Does Google Earth or online roadmaps exist on the planet where you live...?

It is very to find. Take streetcar 1, 2, or 5 from the Central Station and hop off at the Leidseplein.

Lucky you, you have few months to find out how to travel from Schiphol to CS. :innocent:
No, Dinky Daisy, I didn't work at Schipol - I lived in Heerenveen but passed through Schipol enough times to form an unhealthy attachment to the place!

Yes, Google Earth does exist where I am, but I thought I'd give someone the warm glow of satisfaction that comes from helping a newbie out! Thanks for the directions, by the way, now to find my way from Schipol to Centraal!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

What brought you to that place?! Either you are an ice skater, soccer player or a farmer. Fryslan Boppe... :D

Welcome to HL! 8)
Sid Wainwright
Road Kill

Yes, that sums up Heerenveen very well :)
None of those applied to me, though - I just knew someone who married a Heerenveener and ended up living there myself...
Thanks for the welcome![/quote]
GC
Slight Overbomber

Just saw on the Paradiso website that O'Death are support.

"O’Death draws on traditional folk, bluegrass, punk, gypsy music, metal, swing and jazz stylings." (no Goff) :lol:
GC
Slight Overbomber

Just been listening to them, Dead Kennedys meets The Levellers.....
paul
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:Just saw on the Paradiso website that O'Death are support.

"O’Death draws on traditional folk, bluegrass, punk, gypsy music, metal, swing and jazz stylings." (no Goff) :lol:
... fortunately there's a bar ...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:Just been listening to them, Dead Kennedys meets The Levellers.....
to me, that's Bush meets Hitler.
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:Just been listening to them, Dead Kennedys meets The Levellers.....
to me, that's Bush meets Hitler.
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:Just saw on the Paradiso website that O'Death are support.

at last support for me ;D
long live rock'n'roll