Ultravox Reunion Tour

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

I live some 15 miles south of Cologne, I remember there was a story featured about that album back in the eighties on the radio. Some regional pride buisness, I guess.
:eek: ..actually..
*Puts Rage in Eden into the player* :D
There is shadow under this red rock
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:I live some 15 miles south of Cologne, I remember there was a story featured about that album back in the eighties on the radio. Some regional pride buisness, I guess.
:eek: ..actually..
*Puts Rage in Eden into the player* :D
Have you got the remastered version, with live tracks? :notworthy: If they were playing the entire album then I'd go 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Andrew S wrote:Ah Shaddap You Face! :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

eotunun wrote:(Did you know that "Your Name has Slipped My Mind Again" was recorded in an empty water reservoir? -The vast echo is real, not an effect!)
Didn't know that, but then it was years before I discovered what the backwards lyrics on the title track are.
Almiche V wrote:Have you got the remastered version, with live tracks? :notworthy: If they were playing the entire album then I'd go 8)
Both the remasters are pretty good, except that the record company backed out of printing the full booklets (complete lyrics, extra photos - sadly no decent sleeve notes) at the last minute. The complete versions can be downloaded from the website.
eotunun
Overbomber

I've no idea what version I have *here* at the moment. :|
I got the vinyl LP back then and listened to it until all the data were scratched out of the grooves.
It's included in the contingent of my favourite records I borrowed to a friend some 11 years ago.. Along with all my Sisters' vinyls.
Thankfully The Unknown is just about everywhere.
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Was in Manchester last nite to witness the awesome machine that are Motorhead and the Butlins sing-a-long karaoke that sadly are Saxon.

If there was ever two bands that didn't compliment each other it was these two. Saxon looked like exactly what it said on the tin ; Old, tired and out dated.

Motorhead can never be outdated. Like the Ramones, AC/DC and Iron Maiden they've made a successful career of releasing the same album for over twenty five years, just repackaged and renamed to avoid confusion at the cash register.

When Motorhead kicked off with Iron Fist and the sudden outbreak of some ferocious head banging next to me by a man with no hair and his wife who looked like she had smuggled two Trophy footballs into the show under her distinctly stretched t-shirt, ya just knew it was going to be a good night.

An hour and half later of the same tune over and over again, for some reason I didn't feel cheated even for the £29 it cost me to see Lemmy and his chums. To witness a man on the wrong side of 60 strangle his Rickenbacker into submission whilst a couple of thousand of people young enough to be his kids and even grand children sang along to the song every office worker dons a tie round the head too and air guitars along with ; Ace of Spades, a song the majority of them probably believe Jeremey Clarkson wrote himself.

We are Motorhead and we play rock and roll...
And they deafen the f**k outta of me every time!!

Suck it Eldritch!!
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Francis
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:I downloaded an Ultravox boot from DimeADozen once, it was the most tedious thing I've ever listened to.

*Edit to add: Well, not quite, I remember hearing a Level 42 gig on Radio 1 when I was about 17.

:lol: :lol: :notworthy:

level 42 ffs :urff:

anyways, early uvox have done some amazong stuff - especially the john foxx stuff. the systems of romance album is particularly grand... quiet men, maximum acceleration, when you walk through me, etc etc :notworthy:

oh, and: http://www.ultravox.org.uk/
Warren Cann, Chris Cross, Billy Currie and Midge Ure - all four members of the 1980s lineup - will be reunited for the first time since performing at Live Aid in 1985, for a UK Ultravox reunion tour entitled Return to Eden in 2009
no foxx :(
I'm rather fond of Level 42's first album. And Ultravox's. And Vienna for that matter.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Ramone

[/quote]

I'm rather fond of Level 42's first album. And Ultravox's. And Vienna for that matter.[/quote]

You have failed on so many levels ( pun intended) with this post, Vienna was about a quarter decent,but as for L***L 42, that is just taking the p*ss.

Get ya coat! :x
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
eotunun
Overbomber

The Vienna album was nothing less than excelent, man. :von:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

That video'll be stuck in my head forever. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:The Vienna album was nothing less than excelent, man. :von:
New Europeans stands the test of time for me - it's an awesome track along with Private Lives.

Here's Seal covering Vienna, not bad at all:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=avWC1SbkBoM
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Ramone

The best version of Vienna , as every knows but is too afraid to admit it, was by Northern song smith.... Frank Sidebottom!!!

"Ohhhhhhhh Timperley"!!!!

Classic :)
25men
Road Kill

'This means nothing to me, Vienna'
Big Si
School Bully

25men wrote:Image

Perhaps this will help :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

25men wrote:Image

Dammit, would you please get out of my head. I was about to post something that said, "In the words of Rigsby's cat, this means nothing to me," but you beat me to the punch. :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody