give us what we want

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:In keeping with the actual subject heading of this thread:
You've not been around here long, have you? :lol:
Sure I have - I didn't say we were likely to actually get one :wink:

Can't help but dream, though...
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Pista
Cureboi

leedstower wrote:what a boring forum,, i quit..
I see you gave it a fair crack then :roll:

Before you start throwing insults at our friends, I would suggest you read a few threads & then make your judgment.

But, it seems you prefer to be a FUD (s'cuse JB for borrowing "the" word).
Or.....?
(btw if you had read some stuff, you'd know what a FUD is).

Seriously. Come & talk to these odd balls & you might find it isn't boring after all.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I want posters not to feed the trolls :lol:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Ban for trolling?

*edit: Actually, I think that may well have been Andrew himself having a laugh with us :lol:

I'd like to think that if Von were going to troll us, he'd be more clever about it.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
aims
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:

*edit: Actually, I think that may well have been Andrew himself having a laugh with us :lol:

I'd like to think that if Von were going to troll us, he'd be more clever about it.
What's with the conditional?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Motz wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:

What's with the conditional?
Well, we all know he's busy writing and recording the next album, right?

Or are you suggesting that the history of the band since the late 90's has been one big meta-troll of the fanbase?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Big Si
School Bully

7anthea7 wrote:In keeping with the actual subject heading of this thread:

Isn't what we want a new record???

:kiss:
Me? I want dreadlocks :(

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:I'm pretty sure "us real fans" can spell all of their names correctly.

It's Aldridge.

bugger me ... von has been inthe Archers all these years and i never recognised his voice
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
nodubmanshouts

I just came back up from Nodub Tower's cellars, where the wine collection continues to evolve, mature and improve over time.

Unlike The Sisters....

Stick on a copy of Wake, its the best we'll get.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:Or are you suggesting that the history of the band since the late 90's has been one big meta-troll of the fanbase?
I've heard dafter suggestions...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

nodubmanshouts wrote:I just came back up from Nodub Tower's cellars, where the wine collection continues to evolve, mature and improve over time.

Unlike The Sisters....

Stick on a copy of Wake, its the best we'll get.
So you better enjoy that one in a basement with a good glass of vino. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

I'm not so worried about the line up, but yes, the material is what it's all about. If I ever go to see the sisters, I don't want to listen to any of the stuff released after FALAA.

imo bit cheeky keeping the sisters name going, eldritch should have done the decent thing and carried on as the sisterhood.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dude that's a bit much, maybe he should have kept on as The Sisterhood, granted, but not interested in the post-FALAA material? That's harsh.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

mh wrote:Forget Wayne, he wrote a few decent songs and played guitar well enough, but he wasn't really a Sister, if you know what I mean.
He wore a dress so I'd say he was more of a sister than any of 'em.
eotunun wrote:So after quiting, enjoy some aged stars impersonating their past self while we enjoy the still living and pulsating machine that's The Sisters of Mercy.
You haven't seen them live lately, have you?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

stufarq wrote:
eotunun wrote:So after quiting, enjoy some aged stars impersonating their past self while we enjoy the still living and pulsating machine that's The Sisters of Mercy.
You haven't seen them live lately, have you?
I totally agree with Jürgen and yes I can state that I have seen them lately, like a few months ago and in 2007, 2006, 2005 and further back.

A pulsating machine it is... :von:
nodubmanshouts

Every boot I've heard in the last ten years has been absolutely bloody awful. The voice is shot, and it has an American twang; the bass is too mechanical; the guitars use heavy metal fuzzboxes and now they even use bloody whammy bars.

They are not MY Sisters. I hope you enjoy yours.

Tobe honest, a reuninion would drag me out for curiosity... give Wayne his dues, he can still do a live show.. But I wouldn't expect much from everyone else.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

For every 1 Sisters Of Mercy show played in reach of my bad self sinse I've been gigging there have been 5 m*****n shows - each better than the last, and the first of which better than the Sisters one. Which left me with a bitter taste in my mouth - as far as I'm concerned no band with only 3 studio albums should completly overlook one of them (in many people's view, the seminal one).

I'll go to the shows on the next tour, unlike many I have faith - I got a bad show and then none after to ease the pain, but it'll happen and when it does I'm ready to rock.

But this is fast becoming a "are the current sisters nothing but a bad tribute act" thread, and we've done that to bleeding death. (IMO, no they are not - I respect the dedication to keeping the faith, despite all the odds, and I'll be at every date of the next UK tour until my I reap the reward of a life changing gig).
Nationalise the f**king lot.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I'd like to see The Mish reforming with Eldritch on bass. Or as the singing drummer :D
in dub we trust
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

nodubmanshouts wrote: They are not MY Sisters. I hope you enjoy yours.
I sure will! :D

Do enjoy the stuff you have from the 80's era till Wake. It truly is great!

You just don't like what it is these days. No problem, but everybody knows what to expect these days. All the dislikes have been said again and again. It builds up every once in a while (like a US tour).

Keep busy living.
psichonaut
Overbomber

mh wrote:
leedstower wrote:what a boring forum,, i quit..
didn't take long...

How about Eldritch/Marx/Gunn/Adams/Avalanche, anyone? Forget Wayne, he wrote a few decent songs and played guitar well enough, but he wasn't really a Sister, if you know what I mean. Although the current line-up seems close enough too... :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:
sorry, but Wayne gave to the Sisters sound what Marx/Gunn couldn't together
;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eotunun
Overbomber

Maisey wrote:For every 1 Sisters Of Mercy show played in reach of my bad self sinse I've been gigging there have been 5 m*****n shows - each better than the last, and the first of which better than the Sisters one. Which left me with a bitter taste in my mouth - as far as I'm concerned no band with only 3 studio albums should completly overlook one of them (in many people's view, the seminal one).
;D Remind me to throw a pie into your face for saying that if we should meet some day. :twisted:
How much ded W***e pay you for that? :P
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Pista
Cureboi

What a boring forum huh?
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nodubmanshouts

I think a reunion would be a waste of time because Eldritch has lost it. He demonstrates that with every new tour; I'm quite sure Hussey could hold his own.

But the big question about a reunion is this:

WILL HUSSEY BE REQUIRED TO SHAVE HIS HEAD TO MATCH THE OTHER 3 BALDIES?
eotunun
Overbomber

Pista wrote:What a boring forum huh?
:innocent:
Yupp. But with excelent pieing.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Dude that's a bit much, maybe he should have kept on as The Sisterhood, granted, but not interested in the post-FALAA material? That's harsh.
yeah, I know, it wasn't meant to be provocative, but I listened to Vision thing for the first time last week, then a few more times to make sure.

chalk and cheese, the SOM 'entity' pre/post split, and I would rather listen to serpents kiss than this corrosion, did so then, do so now.

being a newb, hadn't realised it had been done to death. I shall do some more research.
nodubmanshouts wrote: WILL HUSSEY BE REQUIRED TO SHAVE HIS HEAD TO MATCH THE OTHER 3 BALDIES?
haha you owe me a new keyboard! Tea disaster! :lol: :notworthy: