Happy Turkey Day

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

Just wanted to wish a happy Thanksgiving to any & all who celebrate it. Personally, it's not my holiday, but I do love the 4 day weekend! :lol:
I bled all I can, I won't bleed no more
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

As a non-diurnal creature forced to live in a diurnal world, I am thankful for four days of not getting out of bed until I feel like it...like about mid-afternoon :D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yeah, happy turkey day

:|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sultan2075
Overbomber

I have a fine bottle of Texas port waiting for me. I am thankful for that.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@ Quiff Boy....as I said, I'm only in it for the days off from work with pay. Don't eat turkey, though I will take stuffing, mashed potatoes & cranberries!

@Sultan2075....Texas port? Enlighten me, please. My guess would be some type of wine? I live in Texas & have never heard of it.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I had intended to spend the "holidays" giving thanks by spring-cleaning my apt in preparation for the arrival of some friends in 2 weeks, including an old old old friend from Poly that my mother is convinced is my MI5 handler :roll: .

However, last evening I met a delightful young lady who works for the same company and she has invited me to a gathering of her friends (one of whom has spent most of the day telling me that the lady in question has been telling her that she fancies me, so things may be looking up).
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@EvilBastard...good for you! Enjoy! Cleaning can wait. Looks like you may be having a different type of bird for the holiday. :)
sultan2075
Overbomber

DancingtheGhost wrote:
@Sultan2075....Texas port? Enlighten me, please. My guess would be some type of wine? I live in Texas & have never heard of it.
I picked it up at the Su Vino winery in Grapevine (just outside Dallas, if you're not familiar with the area). They've got three or four wineries out there that make a quality product. Me likey :) They also make some fine stuff down in the old German hill country, around Fredericksburg.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
DancingtheGhost
Road Kill

@sultan2075...have heard of Grapevine and since I'm only about 2hrs from Dallas, it might make for an interesting, little road trip. If I can find somebody to drive there :lol: Do they sell it in stores?
eotunun
Overbomber

Try some traditional cookery to please this lass..
Or invite her to a restaurant if she loves asian dishes as much. :wink:

By the way: Who knew about the tradition that politicians release one turkey from geting a holliday date with a hungry family? -Well, Sarah Palin gave an interview after. A one that again gave evidence of her clumsyness :lol:
Note: That video linked to displays animals´ deaths. Not for faint hearted.
There is shadow under this red rock
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

do we have some member called Turkey or it's about some Turkish holiday ? :roll:
mh
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:I had intended to spend the "holidays" giving thanks by spring-cleaning my apt in preparation for the arrival of some friends in 2 weeks, including an old old old friend from Poly that my mother is convinced is my MI5 handler :roll: .

However, last evening I met a delightful young lady who works for the same company and she has invited me to a gathering of her friends (one of whom has spent most of the day telling me that the lady in question has been telling her that she fancies me, so things may be looking up).
GERRINTHERE!

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
sultan2075
Overbomber

DancingtheGhost wrote:@sultan2075...have heard of Grapevine and since I'm only about 2hrs from Dallas, it might make for an interesting, little road trip. If I can find somebody to drive there :lol: Do they sell it in stores?
I've never seen it in stores, only in the little winery itself. It makes for a nice trip, though, in the spring or fall. They've got a number of wineries, clustered around "downtown" Grapevine, and you can walk from one to another. The missus and I usually do it once or twice a year. They also do a wine festival that brings in winemakers from all over Texas, though if crowds aren't your thing, I'd avoid it. I think that's in September, though I might be wrong. We've gone once, and it was alright, but I prefer it when it's not horribly, horribly crowded.

That being said, the local booze emporium does stock a good amount of Texas stuff, like St. Genevieve and Llano. I recall being more impressed with the Llano wines. I haven't seen much of the Grapevine stuff outside of Grapevine, which is unfortunate.

If you're two hours to the south of Dallas, I'd also recommend trying to spend a day or two in the hill country, west of Austin. There are a number of good wineries down there.
--
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nodub Towers will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year.

The turkey has been prep-ed, the dining room prepared, and the dusty wines cleaned and brought up from the cellars.

Tomorrow, I'll be cooking, whilst Lady Dub acts the hostess.

Thankgiving is awesome. Its like a pre-Christmas, which announces the beginning of "avoid the mall" month.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Tomorrow promises to be a day full of kids, noise, boring discussions, and food. Yippee. :|
At least I get the day off (*without* pay, of course :evil:), and I don't have to be up until at least 8 a.m. Hooray! ;D

Did I mention the large batches of homemade sangria? :twisted:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

IIRC Wednesday Adams describes thanks giving to a "T"
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

oh man I would do anyting for a pumpkin pie right about now
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I just made 4 pumpkin pies!!! I took them to work for my American friends.
Virtual pie for you!! :)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven