Ramones Museum, Berlin - upcoming events

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i got this email courtesy of the folks at the rather fab & groovy ramones museum in berlin and thought some of you here might be interested :von: :notworthy:

http://www.ramonesmuseum.com/
Flo Hayler wrote:Hi everyone,

This is to inform you that the Ramones Museum Berlin will launch the screening of music related movies this december. All movies will be on a big screen inside the Museum and free of charge!

Here’s the details:

Friday, dec. 12, 8.30 pm:
Ramones Museum proudly presents: End Of The Century – The Story Of The Ramones

At 8.30 we show the by far best and most detailed documentary of the Ramones career, including rare footage from live performances and interviews with the band members and the crew. Everything you ever wanted to know about The Ramones is in here.

What: End Of The Century – The Story Of The Ramones
When: december 12, 8.30 pm (sharp)
Where: Ramones Museum, Krausnickstr. 23, 10115 Berlin/Germany

---------------

Tuesday, dec. 16 & Wednesday, dec. 17
Die Toten Hosen total

December 16 & 17 we have a treat for ALL fans of German Punk group Die Toten Hosen. We offer FREE ENTRY to the Ramones Museum to all Hosen fans that show us a valid ticket for the Hosen show on December 17 at the O2 Arena in Berlin.

On Tuesday, december 16, at 6.30 pm (sharp) we have a screening of the Toten Hosen DVD “Drei Akkorde Für Ein Hallelujah�, also free of entry charges!

What: Die Toten Hosen total!
When: december 16 & 17, free access to the Ramones Museum for all Hosen fans attending the Hosen show in Berlin dec. 17 (show valid ticket on demand)
- dec. 16, screening “Drei Akkorde Für Ein Hallalujah�, 6.30 pm (sharp)

---------------

Tuesday, dec. 30 & Wednesday, dec. 31st
It’s Alive around the clock

For new year’s will have the DVD of the legendary “It’s Alive� performance of The Ramones from dec. 31st , 1977 at the Rainbow in London on random inside the museum. Also, we will again have our traditional memorabilia lottery with valueable prices like original tour shirts, posters and all kinds of other stuff. So make sure to drop by if you’re in town for the new year party.

What: It’s Alive Special
When: december 30 & 31, 8.30 am – 6 pm

Please leave your drinks, food and pets outside. Thanx!
Ramones Museum
Krausnickstr. 23
10115 Berlin
Germany

http://www.ramonesmuseum.com/How-To-Find-Us

its just a shame none of it coincides with the sisters tour :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote: Krausnickstr. 23
A short stroll from here, maybe I'll go and have a look, thanks. :)
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bollox was in Berlin 3 weeks ago and my hotel was 5 minutes walk from Alexanderplatz and that would've made a welcome distraction.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

we went while in berlin a couple of years ago and its ace 8)

its not massive, but its bigger than some art galleries i've been to, and its a fanboy's dream ;D

imagine if taylor opened a sisters museum of all his memorabilia? its like a ramones version of that... drum sticks in cases, guitars on the wall, an old converse sneaker, lots of rare posters and t-shirts etc etc

when we went, in the bottom right-hand corner there's even a poster for the gig where ghost dance them ;) :lol:

its a couple of euros to get in (IIRC) but its all run by a fan (or a group of fans) so is well worth your support...

...and they do very cool t-shirts ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?