Mr Cab Driver

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Love 'em, hate 'em, they take you (usually) where you want to go.
You may not remember much about the trip, but they always seem to.

What was the best conversation you had with a cab driver?

along the lines of:

"I used to be the drummer in the equals. Yeah, I know Eddie Grant"
"Really?, but he's a tosser?"
"Yeah, but I know him".

got any good taxi stories (other than spewing on the seats).
?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

No, but my dad's a cabbie :D
Big Si
School Bully

The last Cab Driver I spoke to appeared to be a member of the BNP (Glasgow Branch) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :urff:

Blaast and Molly AKA "The Mum" still wonder why, but "Big Eat the Breid" prefers to walk home from 'the Ruggie' ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I *hate* talking to cab drivers. They're providing a service, I pay them for it - no need for ideal chitchat. Most get the hint I don't want to chitchat with my "yes"/"no" answers.

Particularly, I hate the "so where are you going?" question when I'm off to the airport, which the really paranoid me hears as "how long you gonna be away, so I have time to burgle you?". (Normally reply includes a lie indicating I have a room-mate who will be there).

Careful? Yes. Paranoid? Probably.
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:

I guess I must be just chatty then.
I sometimes wonder at their capacity to have the same conversations all day long. A bit like hairdressers really.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
nodubmanshouts

Ooooohhhhhh, I had this GREAT hair stylist for 6 months who didn't speak a word while cutting, AND did a great job. But then she moved to a salon 10 miles away... <sigh>...

I think I loved her a little bit :)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

As I used to write down my address on a bit of paper due to being too pissed to remember where I lived, conversation wasn't at a premium.

I don't do that now :wink:
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Spigel

nodubmanshouts wrote:I *hate* talking to cab drivers. They're providing a service, I pay them for it - no need for ideal chitchat. Most get the hint I don't want to chitchat with my "yes"/"no" answers.

Particularly, I hate the "so where are you going?" question when I'm off to the airport, which the really paranoid me hears as "how long you gonna be away, so I have time to burgle you?". (Normally reply includes a lie indicating I have a room-mate who will be there).

Careful? Yes. Paranoid? Probably.
I think somebody may need a hug :innocent:
nodubmanshouts

Try getting a cab in Southern California -- you'll need one too :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Mine was in a taxi on the way to work very early one morning, for a 4am start to release some software:

Cad Driver: So, you work for ******* **** then? [company name removed]

Me: Yeah... *yawn*

CD: You know that ****** ******* woman who works there? [woman's name removed]

ME: Oh yeah, I know who she is.

CD: She was in my car last week. She'd get it in the back-box, she would.

Me: :o :o :urff: :roll:

just what you want to hear at 4am :o

back-box indeed :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:As I used to write down my address on a bit of paper due to being too pissed to remember where I lived, conversation wasn't at a premium.

Just saved in your phone instead? :wink:
malifex
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:
Cad Driver: So, you work for ******* **** then? [company name removed]
'Cad Driver' indeed...

:P
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'd like to say that was deliberate ;D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One time a friend and I got a cab to visit another mate in Leeds Chapeltown, the cab driver was like "Nice boys like you, you don't want to be coming round these parts of Leeds!" -- the poor bugger looked terrified as well! :lol:

I ended up giving him a fiver tip.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I remember Andrew, Claire, Zeno & I ordered a cab to take us to Blaast's BBQ.

The guy took us to a street with a completely different name (a couple of times IIRC) & appeared to not know where the road was one little bit.
He sort of spent the whole trip mumbling excuses as to how similar the name was.
Fact is, it was still flipping well wrong.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DerekR
Doobie Brother

weebleswobble wrote:As I used to write down my address on a bit of paper due to being too pissed to remember where I lived, conversation wasn't at a premium.

You got the T-shirt printed up at last then? :lol:
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Remember the power-metal taxi we got when you were over in October? :lol:

I have had so many 5am conversations with taxi drivers they all merge into one... but aside from the usual right-wing bollox (I had a really disgustingly racist guy once), one taxi ride stands out not for the conversation, but the fact that the guy drove me home with his fcuking seat reclined. Lying right back! I feared for my life :eek:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

I hate taxi's, here's why...

Got the bus home to Otley from Leeds (that'll be 12 miles north, north west of Leeds) one night after a xmas work do. I had my CD player with me with Floodland on. Got changed at work & put a Sisters tee over my shirt.

Got really really really drunk but managed to get the last bus home. Fell asleep on the bus & woke up in Skipton which is MILES past where I live & the opposite direction to Leeds. Got off the bus when the driver chucked me off. Left my phone on the bus though by accident. Got a taxi straight away to go home & as soon as I got in it & realised I'd left my phone on the bus so I told the taxi driver to follow the bus (as we were next to the bus station & I'd seen roughly where it went). Finally caught up in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Pitch black, no lights in the distance or anything. Bus finally stopped. I told the taxi driver I'd be 2 seconds while I got my phone & left him my Sisters tee & my CD player as proof I wouldn't run off. What happened....?
Bastard taxi driver zoomed off with my tee-shirt, my CD player & Floodland!

Got my phone back at least but lost my favourite tee-shirt & my 2nd fave album (Vision Thing at the time sneaked it).

Got worse, phone battery was dead (I'm sure it was fine before I lost it though) so I couldn'e even ring for a taxi/lift.

Took me 7 hours to walk home.

:roll:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Missed a bit... the bus driver was going back to the depot & wouldn't take me anywhere. F*cker just left me!!!!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Pista
Cureboi

Taxi last night.
"Oh the roads are still bad. They only fixed them last year"

Me.
"which bits did they fix?"

Driver.
"Not sure really"

Me.
"drop me off here please"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

you slept on an hard shoulder, again?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

What do you mean "again"?

I only sleep on soft shoulders.

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

looks like there isnae much meate oan thi bone tae... oh.... forget that... ;D

did ye ever find a room? :innocent:
~ Peter Steele