Advice on mobile phones?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The wife is on at me to get a new mobile phone as my current one is falling apart and I need a contract phone. Not that bothered about having access to t'interweb but am going to be teaching this year and would like to record myself (at a distance) to listen back to lessons. Does anyone have any advice on a mobile phone that can record as WAV/FLAC (nice to have quality recordings of my sessions :wink: ) and save as files on my computer for editing?

Thanks in advance.
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the iphone has a couple of great voice recording apps available from the app store ;) :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The iPhone may be a touch out of my financial range whilst I'm pretty sure Dereks suggestion cannot be plugged into a puter to retrieve files :oops: :(
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
sultan2075
Overbomber

But the iPhone is a glorious, glorious thing... and refurbs of the 3G are now available, or so I hear.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Badlander
Overbomber

That should do it.

I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Buy the cheapest phone possible.

Then buy this as well:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Does anyone have any advice on a mobile phone that can record as WAV/FLAC
Nope - I'm quite sure that this gadget hasn't been invented so far. A work mate of mine owns an i-phone - it's definetly a funny toy (combined with a data flatrate) but on the other hand it's not really compact and idiot-proof-solid. That's why I prefer "basic phones" wich I can treat roughly - the only feature I need is bluetooth for my handsfree kit in the car.

For proper taping get a HiMD or flash-memory based recorder plus a decent mic and bbox.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote:Image
Can't you use your finger just like everyone else?
:innocent:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ba-dum. tschhhhhh! :lol:

i was waiting for that...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?