St. Pauli Festival 2003

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
ZacheryAllanStarkey
Road Kill

Just a quick question...

I came across some photos in the Heartland gallery of Eldritch playing bass on stage at Sp. Tali festival 2003. It doesn't look like he is playing with the Sisters.....its in the middle of the day and the other people onstage, Ive no idea who they are.

Its also the only time I have ever seen a photo of Eldritch playing an instrument of any kind, though of course I know he plays keyboards, bass, guitar, and drum machine on recordings...

Anyone know what the story behind these photographs are?
Silver_Owl
The Don

It was New Model Army he was playing with (Or Justin Sullivan and friends :? )

I think it was a benefit gig and as he supports St. Pauli I guess it was the obvious thing to do. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

He should've done Turbonegro instead.
guns & cars & accidents
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

turbonegro?

he already did ;)

aww, c'mon. TN are just a highbrid of the sisters' VT, zodiac mindwarp & motley crue, aren't they?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:It was New Model Army he was playing with (Or Justin Sullivan and friends :? )

I think it was a benefit gig and as he supports St. Pauli I guess it was the obvious thing to do. :wink:
Your correct Steve. Justin Sullivan and friends.
It's in the weeding section as well.
"as we walk on the floodland"
sultan2075
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:turbonegro?

aww, c'mon. TN are just a highbrid of the sisters' VT, zodiac mindwarp & motley crue, aren't they?
The early stuff always reminded me of the Misfits, but then again, I lost interest in them about 8 years ago....
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ZacheryAllanStarkey
Road Kill

I see. Was his bass playing any good?
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

ZacheryAllanStarkey wrote:I see. Was his bass playing any good?
yeah, I was under the impression back in the olde days that the NMA bass (stuart morrow anyways) was rather taxing.
Ania
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:He should've done Turbonegro instead.
oh yes!!!! The best band in the world ;-) (for me anyways :innocent: )
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ZacheryAllanStarkey wrote:I see. Was his bass playing any good?
Hm, well, I am not an expert on this topic but I'd say "virtuosic" might not apply. ;-)

However, it has been a cool day.