Play.com. Anyone else with a bad experience?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I ordered almost 2 months ago Suede s new mornign in that nice edition with the bonus live cd.
A few days latter the package arrived but in it was the dodgy 1 cd edition. Ok, mistakes happen, no problem, contact them and waited for the correct one. 4-5 days later there it was : the 1 cd again, ok second mistake, i just want what i ordered, again same drill and a few days later there it was again : the 1 cd edition for the third time.
Pissed and they only refund the cd not the postage charges for sending three wrong ones back.
Sh*t happens :roll:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Have to say that I've always found play very good.
Had one occasion when an out of stock item efectively got stuck and didn't ship and needed to be cancelled an ordered again, but nothing like the hassle you've had.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

The only times I've had problems with Play are when their computer system is too stupid to be able to process flat numbers (it can't handle the / between the individual flat number and the building number) but other companies sometimes have the same problem.

I did have exactly the same problem with an order from Fish's online shop but that was a one-off and I normally never have problems there.

Workmen are usually as good or as bad as their last job. Someone will have major hassle from a company that their best friend swears by. If you're not happy with Play, there are plenty of other companies willing to take your business. Having said that, they really should have refunded the postage if it was their fault.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.