Drug Free America

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I came across an LP from back in the day, by Drug Free America in my collection. I remember buying it from that record shop in Leeds (I forget its name) that used to sell the Sisters bootlegs. It was near the station if I remember. Anyway anyone remember DFA or know what became of them? It was quite a good album. And you got a free sticker!
The Chancer Corporation
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The shop was called Bad IIRC.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think it was called Attitude 50 cents? I bought it from Leeds 2nd hand market years ago, for about £1.00. A bargain, although it was missing the booklet. Sadly it didn't have the Dayglow Pussycat single on it, if I remember rightly.
Give me one good reason
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ta for the help everyone. Yeah the album was indeed called that. I think I have day-glow pussycat somewhere in my collection also. It was issued in a 12 inch I think. I do remember very vaguely picking up a later 12 inch at my local record shop, when such things existed, another 12 inch, the name of which i can't remember but it was very dancey I seem to recall. Didn't the guitarist play with a screwdriver instead of plectrum. Or I could be imagining it!
The Chancer Corporation
sisxbeforedawn

I know my memory isn't what it used to be, and not to mention at the time being fuelled by snake bites'n'black and red witches, but didn't they play Planet X? :lol:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
psichonaut
Overbomber

Drugs free America.....fortunately i didn't book the flight before i read the topic ;D
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Spiggy's hat

abridged wrote:. Didn't the guitarist play with a screwdriver instead of plectrum. Or I could be imagining it!
I definately once saw him playing slide guitar with a bowie knife.........it actually looked very cool. 8)
Give me one good reason
paint it black

I've just found an official video ' Blind Eye Records ~ No 19/100'

has anybody already transferred their copy?
Goths have feelings too
moses

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
circle

Some years ago I posted a couple of soundboard recordings that Egg_Crisis sent to the blog, I remember to be blow away with this band (that I didn't knew before).

http://darkcircleroom3.blogspot.pt/sear ... %20America

Links are dead these days, but if there's any interest I can re-upload them again.

;D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Dan
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:I've just found an official video ' Blind Eye Records ~ No 19/100'

Which one? I have BE5 & BE7 and there was at least one more after that which I don't have.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

DFA saw them many a time at the winning post in York and the duchess in Leeds when I was nowt but a youth and they were a storming live experience - shame Steve is no longer with us
Just one of the pesky kids
paint it black

Dan wrote:
paint it black wrote:I've just found an official video ' Blind Eye Records ~ No 19/100'

Which one? I have BE5 & BE7 and there was at least one more after that which I don't have.
i've found 'just like daddy's gun' promo and also BE7
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Dan wrote:

i've found 'just like daddy's gun' promo and also BE7
BE7 is the Huddersfield Snakepit gig, 1988. I was at that one. The stage was so high that you can't see any of the audience although you can hear one guy shout "Mr Jolly" before the encore, he always shouted it at every gig he went to. Support was the superbly titled but unmemorable "Dark Satanic Bastard Riders from the Seventh Labyrinth of Hades". When they started to play they set off the fire alarms.

I've not heard of "Just like daddy's gun", presumably it's just a promo video for the song and not another live video?
EDIT: It's on youtube. Love the cheap production!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2FBrxzu6s4