Oceanarium

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This last saturday i went to the Oceanarium in Lisbon (Portugal). It is consider the best in Europe and one of the best of the world. I felt myself inside the sea. It is very relaxing to be in a dark room viewing the blue of the water and all the animals... how i wanted to swim with them...
You can see skarks, weird fishes, octopus, medusas,and many many more. They have the biggest (2,05m) Manta, known till now. It's very rare and you can find this specie only in this aquarium.
And you have also the pleasure to see the beautifuls sea horses and wonderfuls sea dragons.
I spend there many hours and i wished to spend more.
8)
Last edited by moonchild on 22 Oct 2003, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
DomConway
Filth

Agreed - aquariums rule. I've spent many a happy hour (not in the pub sense of the phrase!) in aquariums gazing at bizarre and beautiful sea creatures. My favourite fish in terms of looks has to be the clown triggerfish - I have no idea why a fish needs to look such a dude! Pic here:
http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishf ... onspic.htm
the only thing to fear is fear itself
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Hurrah for the avatar Moonchild. Great film :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nearly time to get that DVd out of the cupboard again :D
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

khepri II wrote:Hurrah for the avatar Moonchild. Great film :notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank you. :notworthy: :oops:
It's one of my favourites films. And yes... it's nearly time to see it again....
well.. i think all time is a good time to see it.
Thea
Overbomber

i went to one last year with my sisters on the way back from... summat. they told me where we were going and i thought "oh f**k" but when we got there it was great! HUGE fvckoff turtles!!! great fun!
Big Si
School Bully

moonchild wrote:This last saturday i went to the Oceanarium in Lisbon (Portugal). It is consider the best in Europe and one of the best of the world. I felt myself inside the sea. It is very relaxing to be in a dark room viewing the blue of the water and all the animals... how i wanted to swim with them...
You can see skarks, weird fishes, octopus, medusas,and many many more. They have the biggest (2,05m) Manta, known till now. It's very rare and you can find this specie only in this aquarium.
And you have also the pleasure to see the beautifuls sea horses and wonderfuls sea dragons.
I spend there many hours and i wished to spend more.
To complete the visit i went to the exposition of David Doubilet, photographer of the National Geographic. What a great day... 8)
Anyone been to the one in Jakarta, Indonesia? Sharks swimming around with the Turtles! :eek:
This giant oceanarium proudly introduces visitors to more than 4,000 fish and sharks from 300 species. Come and enjoy the deep-sea panorama while strolling through an 80-meter tunnel. The fascinating creatures live in some 500 million liters of seawater and are fed three times a day (some hand-fed). The attraction also features a theater which plays three educational films in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
http://www.fortunecity.com/oasis/bright ... Ancol.html
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
MoonKnight
Road Kill

Oceanario was pretty cool, two times, every time new things to discover...

Its cool to see that the sharks and barracudas not eat eachother... maybe they´re on kinda diet ehehehe...

In germany we has an aquarium where the sharks also swim OVER you... nice to see....