Official Site Update

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Actually, it would be something interesting to behold if the site was fully trashed and had to be rebuilt.

Would Von bother reconstructing the news sections that haven't been updated in 10 odd year or so? Or would a new site reflect the reality of the situation?

Hmm.
Do I drive or am I driven?
FMAMMY
Road Kill

The www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com-domain is owned by
OVERDOG RECORDING LIMITED
PO BOX 87 FRANCES HOUSE
SIR WILLIAM PLACE
ST PETER PORT,
GUERNSEY GY1 4BS UK
to 09/23/2009
but maybe Von forgot to pay the webhotel.

Maybe busy finding someone who can feed the cats while touring?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Arrrgh! wrote:the news sections that haven't been updated in 10 odd year or so?
The record news section that is.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

After deleting all stupid (..and I guess childish) messages from emma - the site is working again! :roll:

Ouch...sorry for that.. :innocent:
lachert
Overbomber

wher's the new album? goddamned :evil:
they broke my heart, again :urff:
long live rock'n'roll
Moakahontas

lachert wrote:wher's the new album? goddamned :evil:
they broke my heart, again :urff:

:(

I am SO SORRY...Do you want an album from me? :(
Caravaggio
Road Kill

Moakahontas wrote:the site is working again! :roll:
Are you sure?
I don't see anything :(
There have been better plans
But none that I could ever understand...
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Update Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet !

The next tour starts on February 16th, 2006,
in Las Vegas. As you always knew it would.
Schedule and updates on the live news page.
I wish to register a complaint... ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
_emma_
Overbomber

Moakahontas wrote:After deleting all stupid (..and I guess childish) messages from emma - the site is working again! :roll:
Stupid yes, but I assure you that they were actually very very adult, and of the kind that makes most adults shocked. :twisted:

Now seriously , it hurts my eyes that Krakow is still NOT on the giglist. :roll:
Moakahontas

_emma_ wrote:
Moakahontas wrote:After deleting all stupid (..and I guess childish) messages from emma - the site is working again! :roll:
Stupid yes, but I assure you that they were actually very very adult, and of the kind that makes most adults shocked. :twisted:
Are you sure?! I can´t believe it, to be honest...ahhh..I know what was written in there:

Treat me like a prisoner treat me like a fool
treat me like a loser use me as a tool
face me till I'm hungry push me in the cold
treat me like a criminal just a shadow on the wall

Shadow on the wall shadow on the wall
shadow on the wall shadow on the wall like a shadow on the wall

Treat me like I'm evil freeze me till I'm cold
beat me till I'm feeble grab me till I'm old
fry me till I'm tired push me till I fall
treat me like a criminal just a shadow on the wall

Shadow on the wall shadow on the wall

Shadow on the wall shadow on the wall like a shadow on the wall
(like a shadow treat me like a shadow like a shadow treat me like a shadow)

Shadow on the wall (like a shadow treat me like a shadow)
shadow on the wall (like a shadow treat me like a shadow)
shadow on the wall (like a shadow treat me like a shadow)
like a shadow on the wall

Am I right? Image

.I´m pretty sure I am... Image
bookish
Road Kill

lachert wrote:no, von preparing completly new layout in mood of new album cover.
I had an immensely long and complex dream involving this last night.

I saw the track-listing (none of the "new" songs we know), heard some samples (remarkably good - original, but distinctively "Sisters", Von's voice very strong), and read through the new web-site in some length.

I spent sometime thinking it must be a dream - so I'd log out, log in again and it was still there. It had to be true!

This morning I got out of bed more wearily than usual.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ wrote:

Now seriously , it hurts my eyes that Krakow is still NOT on the giglist. :roll:
it's time for those rose tinted spectacles :von:
Goths have feelings too
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

AT LEAST :von: ´S ADDED THE SHOW ON 31ST MARCH IN KRAKOW :innocent: :innocent:
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
2024: Gent- Eindhoven - Lokeren - Madrid
lachert
Overbomber

bookish wrote:
lachert wrote:no, von preparing completly new layout in mood of new album cover.
I had an immensely long and complex dream involving this last night.

I saw the track-listing (none of the "new" songs we know), heard some samples (remarkably good - original, but distinctively "Sisters", Von's voice very strong), and read through the new web-site in some length.

I spent sometime thinking it must be a dream - so I'd log out, log in again and it was still there. It had to be true!

This morning I got out of bed more wearily than usual.
:lol:
yeah, dreams and drugs are the only way to get close to the new sisters album ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Moakahontas

paint it black wrote:
_emma_ wrote:

it's time for those rose tinted spectacles :von:
My cats are "meowing" outside...got to feed them now... :lol:
godgirl

Kutan wrote:Maybe they decided to fix the venue for Munich?
oh dear.

i think it's a "well known fact" that :von: 's spies don't regulrly spend time lurking around Heartland and yet no one here ever mentions any of this stuff on Dominion!

:eek:

As for websiite downage - voices in my head tell me that the hosting company neglected to warn the site owners that their moving of servers about would affect the site in a sensible non-victorian manner and simply turned it off when a likewise victorian response was not received.

:evil:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

godgirl wrote:it's a "well known fact" that :von: 's spies don't regulrly spend time lurking around Heartland
Is it really?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
godgirl

markfiend wrote:
godgirl wrote:it's a "well known fact" that :von: 's spies don't regulrly spend time lurking around Heartland
Is it really?
nice editing there.

I did say "I THINK"

:roll:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OK, sorry.

I understand that :von: is aware of HL and that some 'sources close to the band' do log on from time to time.

But no, we don't know their user names and we can't put anyone in touch with them.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

just to clear this one up, godgirl has contacted me and suggested a route by which we might be able to get some of those quirks on the official site straightened out :notworthy:

in order not to overwhelm her with a gazzillion bits and pieces, i'll act as a buffer between yourselves and her, just as she is acting as a buffer between us and the sisters' poor beleaguered webmonkey (who lets face it can only do some much with the material he's given :lol: :von:)

so if you do spot anything awry, flag it up here and i'll pass the message along to godgirl... as she herself has said, "unfortunately, I can't promise that other portions of the site are suddenly overhauled or a new album will be swiftly worked upon", but it might at least help keep the site free of the smaller, more cringe-worthy errors that are easily missed when it's your own work :)

to help this process along, i'd ask the god squad to also keep an eye our for people's comments re: site errata, and then pass them along to me using the mod's area (just in case there's anything i might miss)

thanks for the offer, gg! and please do pass on our appreciation to the sisters' poor old webmonkey ;) 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Wow did I get the wrong end of the stick! ;D
—Bertrand Russell
godgirl

Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, now that most tourdates are finalised there'll probably be nothing to amend for a few centuries!

:cry:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

godgirl wrote:Thanks!

Of course, now that most tourdates are finalised there'll probably be nothing to amend for a few centuries!

:cry:
its funy coz its true :|