Car

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Silver Merc anyone?

That's "silver" not as in the colour.
:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

You'd be surprised how much one can fit in one of these:

Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eotunun wrote:@Zed: I can't really say that. Both my uncles own Buicks, and I found those cars were in rather nice shape, both being well over ten years old when they bought them. My Austrian uncle's 1981 Buick Electra still is in nice condition. Take a look at Mercedeses or BMWs of the same age, that will be quite a dissapointment. I never understood the hype made about those brands anyway: The engines last not too long, unless they are four cylinder inline, V6 or V8, which, due to the shorte cylinder heads have less trouble with wearing off the cylinder head gasket by thermal expansion. But then, look at the standard 350cui V8s from Usa: Engines that run half a million miles are not rare there.. The 3,5 litre Rover V8 and the 5,3 litre from the Opel Diplomat were Buick designs as well. Very agile and powerfull machines!
While the quality of the interior of the premium limousines by Mercedes and BMW appeared like a bad joke to me compared to, for example, a Jaguar.
I drove BMW 750s and 850s as well as Mercedes S class and Jaguars when I worked at a car dealer's in Bonn during my studies, and must say those german premium cars were nothing but vulgar cheap shite compared to the Jags. ..and way more expensive than the real luxury car!
Oh, aye, the mechanics are something else... Probably due to the fact our Euro-machines are mostly high-revving, whereas the general US engine has lots of displacement, working at a very lazy pace... Nowt wrong with that, especially in the long run :wink:

Thing is though, back when I got my first car, it was decades old (Audi 80 1.6D, slow as f**k) and my parents' car was only about a year or two old, yet that was the one with all the creaks and other irritating noises whilst the Audi still felt amazingly solid for its age even though having been a lease thingy in its early life...

I'd agree with the Jag vs German theme though. Even if it weren't that way I'd always go for the British option, at least they've got style and character :notworthy:
eotunun wrote:;D ;D Anthea, I like your style. That's a job for an MG A you describe there. ;D ;D
Exactly!

Great looker, not a fan of later MGs, but this one does it!
Chairman Bux wrote:You'd be surprised how much one can fit in one of these:

But then again it looks as if you're going to abduct children or so :lol: A non-white, windowed version would help there :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:You'd be surprised how much one can fit in one of these:

But then again it looks as if you're going to abduct children or so :lol: A non-white, windowed version would help there :wink:
I probably will get banned from threads like this in teh future if I confess that I seriously consider a Renault Rapid as private transport It does what a car is supposed to do: Carry a lot of stuff from point A to point B on as little fuel as possible. Never mind the squeeking and rattling. :|
..but when I'm grown up and rich..
;D

Edit: Urban Priol (geman cabarettist) mentioned the Papamobile was painted in spermwhite. What do Ford call that colour in their catalogues?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote:Edit: Urban Priol (geman cabarettist) mentioned the Papamobile was painted in spermwhite. What do Ford call that colour in their catalogues?
Creamy muck muck
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

eotunun wrote:But then again it looks as if you're going to abduct children or so :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_Catcher ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eotunun
Overbomber

Image Hummm.. Does the Lord of the Bored suggest me to wear a top hat?
..no thanks M'Lud, I look silly enough without one! :lol:
..and I'm pretty sure someone would go and paint a "D" on it anyway. :wink:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Elder
Road Kill

Might I suggest a Brabus Bullet Black Arrow.

How perfectly gothic is that car? Understated excess on a massive scale.

"a 720-horsepower twin-turbo V12 with torque electronically limited to 811 lb-ft will certainly get the job done. (Sans the electronic safety net, it produces 974 lb-ft, in case you were wondering. Tires become one with the ozone layer at the mere thought of this.)"

More info here.
eotunun
Overbomber

Elder wrote: (Sans the electronic safety net, it produces 974 lb-ft, in case you were wondering. Tires become one with the ozone layer at the mere thought of this.)
That exactly is the issue with Mercedes designs: Well designed cars get the power on the road. Mercedes will smoke the tires.
Get a Supra instead, a three litre 6 in line will easily spit out 500HP with a nice turbo, and it'll just blow away that overweighted chunk of sheet metal by Mercedes. :wink:
~Rufus T. Firefly
Elder
Road Kill

eotunun wrote:
Elder wrote: (Sans the electronic safety net, it produces 974 lb-ft, in case you were wondering. Tires become one with the ozone layer at the mere thought of this.)
That exactly is the issue with Mercedes designs: Well designed cars get the power on the road. Mercedes will smoke the tires.
Get a Supra instead, a three litre 6 in line will easily spit out 500HP with a nice turbo, and it'll just blow away that overweighted chunk of sheet metal by Mercedes. :wink:
I currently drive an IS200.
I would love to drive an IS-F. I miss my old Toyota Celsior. 4.0 V8 but Wafty not grunty but could still spin the tyres if you "needed" to.

I like Toyotas. I had a GT4 Celica which was quick and a little modified over standard. The missus has a Yaris.

I would love to build a gothed out Crown or better yet a Century as they have all the toys the Celsior had and more and look so 70's tastic.