AB, Brussels, Belgium, Feb 22, 2009, no really!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
sisters-pics
Road Kill

:eek:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

sisters-pics wrote::eek:
Exactly :lol:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Mechanised Europe is quite brilliant as a title.
It sounds cool, but I have to ask what it means really? :oops:
Like industrialised, or connected, or what?

A review, don't know if it has been posted. Even if I don't really know Dutch I can see they are not satisfied :urff:

Oh, and another thing while I still remember it; what was Andrew up to with his sweater during Vision Thing, it looked like it was stuck on the mic stand - and all the way from the balcony it looked exactly like a...puppet show :P

Ok, review already posted last page...well anyway, no surprise.
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Found this

Marian
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

sisters-pics wrote:It is never a problem to get a camera inside!

:)
Lucky! I brought one of my smallest cameras but no luck... Perhaps next time just not hang it round my neck (if ever I'd like to make photos)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
rysh
Road Kill

I have seen the Sisters many times, but I can't get the thought out of my head that a Sisters gig has become less magic. I miss AE 's screaming (i still hear the screams in my head, but I don't hear them with my ears) and the guitar sound of Adam Pearson.
But I'm glad they played songs like 'this corrosion', 'logic' and 'vision thing'.
A question for you guys. Is it just an idea or is the Doctor sounding more 'flat' than he used to be? Normally when the sisters start with Crash and Burn, the Doctor sounds great. And today, I was so 'flat'.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

rysh wrote: And today, I was so 'flat'.
You, or the dok...?
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

dinky daisy wrote:
You, or the dok...?
It says "I".... :D :P
"as we walk on the floodland"
rysh
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
You, or the dok...?
Maybe both of us :lol:
paul
Overbomber

Maybe he IS the doc, hiding in one of the big flightcases in front of The Nurse ;-)
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

You guys are mean.
rysh wrote:A question for you guys. Is it just an idea or is the Doctor sounding more 'flat' than he used to be? Normally when the sisters start with Crash and Burn, the Doctor sounds great. And today, I was so 'flat'.
I generally only get to a hear the sisters a couple of times on each tour, what I've found is that if you stand at the back, the sound lacks detail and can be a little flat, but get down the front and jump around like a lunatic and the sound & the experience is much better :D

Live recordings I have seem to be fairly consistent, and the Doc seems to be as fully functional now as he always has been :?:

Of course you may have just been unlucky with the venue, or maybe age is creeping in, and too many years of listening to the Sisters at full blast has damaged your ears irreparably :D
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Merchadised Europe
Wrecker wrote:Image
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
No_Mercy
Road Kill

Some nice photos throughout the thread. thanks. Wish they had some of this merch when they were in the States
lachert
Overbomber

i don't like trains, they sucks so much (leader looks like great masturbator). but who cares for supports? gig was good for the start but band was a little bit uptight (belgium, great expectations etc.) and for me, it was too quiet as for rock'n'roll band.
big thanks to Phil for let us sleep in the best belgium hotel - never land, duvels and everything :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

only three pictures:

long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

do not use flash when you want to take pictures of Sisters :wink: :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

lachert wrote:i don't like trains, they sucks so much (leader looks like great masturbator).
This says it all, really.
I am not the one who thinks it's appropriate or necessary or whatever to criticise support bands (because let's face it, tastes differ, and every support band is always tense and anxious and in the worse starting position initially and so on), but I Like Trains is pure torture.
I could elaborate on why I think so, but:
1. There's no point. This is a Sisters forum.
2. I really just would like to forget about them as soon as possible, bacause they were the biggest drawback of the trip, much much bigger than the cold rain in Hamburg, the crappy bathroom in the "hotel" in Dresden, and my sore throat.
3. I am a good person.