E-Werk Cologne, March 6, 2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Is anybody driving from Coloogne to Paris and has 2 vacant seats?

It might be plus Eva again (if they let me go from work, but they seem quite understanding so far). We'd be happy to share costs, far more happy than if we have to take the train at 4 am, because that's the only one that has cheap (interrail level) seats left.

Cheers, Eva
You can't fix stupid.
Selena
Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote:Minus Eva but plus Selena, if I'm not mistaken. Right?
I wish, I could *sighs* ... but unfortunately I can´t afford one more concert. :(

Wiesbaden is the only Sisters concert for me this time... really sad that I won´t be able to see you. :cry:

Nevertheless, I hope you will have a lot of fun in Cologne. (Und trinkt einen oder auch zwei für mich mit^^)
Eva

Eva is in again. ;D :notworthy: to my boss and the rest of the team who show more understanding than I could ever hope for. 8)
You can't fix stupid.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Eva wrote:Eva is in again. ;D :notworthy: to my boss and the rest of the team who show more understanding than I could ever hope for. 8)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A Sisters gig without Eva in front is no real Sisters gig, we all know that :wink:

Sorry not to be able to offer a vacant seat though, all space in my car has been used up :oops: (especially when it comes to tall people :lol:)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
psichonaut
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
Eva wrote:Eva is in again. ;D :notworthy: to my boss and the rest of the team who show more understanding than I could ever hope for. 8)
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

A Sisters gig without Eva in front is no real Sisters gig, we all know that :wink:

Sorry not to be able to offer a vacant seat though, all space in my car has been used up :oops: (especially when it comes to tall people :lol:)
get a station wagon :innocent: :innocent:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Eva

:lol: Unfortunately this time there will be quite a few gigs happening without me... :| But we've found a solution for the trip to Paris, so (nearly) everything is sorted... 8)
You can't fix stupid.
eotunun
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Eva is in again. ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D
Yay! 8)
There is shadow under this red rock
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Flyers arrived...... many greets from downer under :lol:
Do I drive or am I driven?
paul
Overbomber

Does anyone have a spare ticket left for Cologne. It's for a friend of mine. If you do, please PM me.

thanks already,
Paul
rhoeckel
Road Kill

Hello everybody,

I'm also still looking for ONE ticket for the Cologne concert.

Cheers,
Rüdiger
Less is more...
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

rhoeckel wrote:Hello everybody,

Cheers,
Rüdiger
Mee too - so if s.o. got two for sale...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Saw some on Ebay a few days ago.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Christian

s.o. offered me a ticket already. That was quick. Thx.
psichonaut
Overbomber

i´ in Eutunun´s flat waitingf for the meet-up
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
eotunun
Overbomber

Confirmed. The Stalion is here. Hide your daughters, Rhinelanders!
There is shadow under this red rock
rhoeckel
Road Kill

Christian wrote:s.o. offered me a ticket already. That was quick. Thx.
*** green for envy ***
Hello everybody,

You can call me today on 0172-5874471 to arrange the details.

Cheers,
Rüdiger
Less is more...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

jenzi-benzi wrote:Image
Don't forget about this one people! It's close to the venue. 8)
Buelbringer
Road Kill

Our driver confirmed to join the Limes after the show. Hope to meet some of you there face to face. Cheers!
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Back home... first, the setlist as I remember it. Keep in mind that the order might be wrong:

Afterhours Intro
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Train/Detonation Boulevard
Alice
Flood I
Floorshow
Anaconda
Marian
We Are The Same, Susanne
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
First And Last And Always
This Corrosion
Flood II
----
Something Fast
Vision Thing
----
Lucretia My Reflection
Top Nite Out
Temple Of Love

What can I say... very tight, very professional performance. I was standing almost near the mixing desk and the sound was SPOT ON. Perfect. The lights were amazing. The band was in overall very good shape, although Andrew rarely screamed and went to the higher tones. Nevertheless, I liked the show a lot. A great improvement to 2006, although I would've like to hear more of the new songs.

On the other hand, this has been the first time for me to hear "Arms" and I loved it. From the lyrics (at least the part I could make out) and the overall sound I thought of it as a successor to "Flood II". The improved version of "Floorshow" really has been a stormer, I loved to hear parts of "Phantom" incorporated into it. "Crash And Burn", "Ribbons", "Summer" and "Lucretia" have also been memorable moments for me on this night.

All in all, the best time to catch up with the Sisters might be now. Go see them if you happen to live near a venue with some spare tickets to sell ;-)

Kudos to some friends I haven't seen in a long time -- sorry I didn't have the time to chat a bit longer, I swear I'll make it up to you in the future 8) : Paul, Donna, Oliver, Christian W., Christian P.

Good night! :-)
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Another thing: T-Shirts now are priced at 25 €. And they are IMHO no match to the "Silver Bullet"-Shirts.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Set List pretty much as Jan posted. Sound was great, nice show ... but Andrew's voice ... oh boy. I am not 100% certain if it was just due to my bad position (left side of the front row, near the stairs to the balcony), but 6 years ago (when I saw them live the last time) I could actually hear him sing. Now I could also hear him, but most of his singing got lost in the bass and at times where I could hear him he couldn't quite keep a tone, sounded a lot as if his voice would simply fail. Feel free to correct me there, I hope I get a chance to join the mosh pit in Oslo.
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Setlist as Jan said! Good but pretty easy going athmosphere and really great sound like yesterday! The energy convinces me of the fact that there will be something after 2009!

Great to meet (again) Jamaica, Zeno, Eotunun, Johnny, Paul, lovely Donna, Andrew, Jenzi, Eggi, Eva and many others like the Poison Door people! Have a safe trip back to Italy top guy Marco! :notworthy:

Thanks to the people who arranged the afterparty! Superb! :notworthy: :notworthy: :D

Thanks Ben Christo....again! :wink:

Thank you Sisters for my last but superb gig of the mechanised Europe tour! :notworthy:

Thank you Leo for driving me home safely! 8)
_emma_
Overbomber

Is that an ugly, smelly, unhealthy cigarette beside this lovely wristband? :eek: tsk tsk.
Moakahontas

_emma_ wrote:Is that an ugly, smelly, unhealthy cigarette beside this lovely wristband? :eek: tsk tsk.
Looks like a cigarette.. :?