The sisters of mercy to Stockholm 09-03-21!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Cheers for the help people :notworthy: Anyone booked a hotel yet? If not, is anyone up for sharing a room at the Formule 1 (or elsewhere) to keep costs down?

Ditto for Berlin, Madrid and maybe Amsterdam. It's a bloody expensive business this touring...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I was in Stockholm a few days ago - never seen those pictures before but I like them :D

TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ah nice one!
I actually want one of those on my wall.. I feel like 14 again. 8) :lol:
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

Yes, really nice. Haven't seen one yet, but the first one I'll see is mine. Maybe to replace the old Annexet poster that's hanging on my wall...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Maybe we should try and find some place to drink pre-gig? Is there anything at all around the venue?

Otherwise I'd suggest any of the budget bars around Medborgarplatsen, 2 metro stations from the walkway to the venue. Any locals here who can give some advice?
No beer for more than 30 SEK and no garderobstvång ;-)
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Pre-gig drinks sounds good. 8)
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm eager to join, WTF, now that I'm on my own maybe it's high time to start integrating with people instead of watching and recognising faces from afar year after year... :? :)
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

You're welcome _emma_

:D
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

Advice? Well, that depends what you're looking for. Medborgarplatsen is rife with good and not-so-good places for beer. I used to live there a few years back. Nowadays I work in Skanstull, which is on the way to the venue...

If you want a classic/trendy beer hall that just happens to support the local football team, then Kvarnen is something to try.

If you prefer black with your black then go to Vampire Lounge.

Tullen is ok but the place is kind of small.

But if 30SEK, no garderobstvång and between Medborgarplatsen and the venue is the most crucial aspect:
Broder Tuck, Kelly's or Läckerbiten.

Or, beware, THE chepast (in all the ways you wouldn't want to know) place is by far Gröne Jägaren.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks a lot, flakk13!

Just one question, is there any pub around Gullmarsplan worth considering? Sadly I've heard a traditional pre-gig warm-up "sunkhak", Olivlunden, was closed recently and replaced with something more trendy and expensive :roll:

Personally I like both Kellys and Vampire Lounge a lot, but a notch better would be if there is a pub a little closer to the venue, like around Skanstull, with enough space and no snobbery. Never heard of Läckerbiten, seems to be perfectly situated, how is it?
So it's Läckerbiten, Broder Tuck or some place at Gullmarsplan (although I would almost say it's more simple to get to the venue from Skanstull, because it's easier to find your way, just across the bridge and down left)

flakk13, make the final decision for us :wink:

...Gröne Jägaren..? I've visited the legendary Engelbrekts and Hank's Heaven in Högdalen, is it worse than that? ;D
FMAMMY
Road Kill

I once ate Pytt i panna at Gröne Jägaren, back in the... hmm 80s i guess. I sat next to the (not that clean) toilet... Eating Pytt next to a swinging door and getting the stench of urine every now and then is a memory i will carry for the rest of my life. :-)

got the tickets till march 21st though!!! YEAH!!
Nic
Slight Overbomber

FMAMMY wrote: got the tickets till march 21st though!!! YEAH!!
See you there Tobias. :wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
_emma_
Overbomber

Hey hey - another important question to the locals - I bought a ticket online through www.sj.se for a train from Oslo to Stockholm (the one that leaves at 9:28 AM and takes about 6 hours to get to Stockholm) - and it cost 227 SEK. That sounds like a very good price, and the ticket I printed does say FROM Oslo TO Stockholm - the only problem is, when I had asked at my local travel agents as well as my train station here in Poland, the price they calculated was on each occasion about 1000 SEK. :eek:
Do you think everything's OK and I just made a bargain by ordering a self-printed ticket online omitting my travel agent's, or have I bought a totally wrong ticket? :? :lol:
(because let's face it, 227 SEK for an intercity train from Oslo to Stockholm does not sound like a Scandinavian price :roll: ).
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I have tested right now and got the same price as you, 227 SEK. Everything is ok (and if you have a student ID you will get it even cheaper).

It's a good price, but saturday is a very good day to travel, and generally train rides in Sweden are far cheaper than in Germany, where they cost a fortune (except that weekend-ticket).

So, locals, how about that pub/bar...I have never been drinking at Läckerbiten or Tuck, so I don't know what they are like. Otherwise I'll flip a coin :wink:
FMAMMY
Road Kill

yeah, see you there NicLAS! I'll be the tall bald dude wearing black! :D
_emma_
Overbomber

Thanks euphoria :)
Christian

Seems like you have to flip a coin, euphoria... ;-)
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

There's always Soldaten Svejk, but maybe that's a bit too far from the venue.

So, if Medborgarplatsern/Folkungagatan is too far, I'd go for Broder Tuck.

Don't know yet if I'll be there...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

So, Broder Tuck it is then - should it be too horrible, Läckerbiten is just 2 minutes down the road to the venue.

Metro station Skanstull, exit north, Götgatan 85. Läckerbiten would be Götgatan 97.

0,4 l beer at Broder Tuck is a bit expensive for the area at 39 SEK, roughly 3,50 euro, compared to 3 at Läckerbiten.

For the smokers, Broder Tuck also has an indoor smoking room.

We'll probably be there around 18. Unknown support band enters stage at 19.30 and I'd say it's a 15 minutes walk to the venue. Correct me if I'm wrong and see you there!
xfloorshowx

Sounds like a plan! will be nice to see your faces and to visit Stockholm again, used to live there 96-00 but rarely go there now.

I've heard that an afterparty is in the works, most likely at some place around Medborgarplatsen.

..and of course it would be bonus if :von: serves us a storming gig! The gig in 91 was excellent so I hope history repeats..
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Broder Tuck it is! Gonna be nice to see some familiar faces. :)

But first stop - Brussels! Roughly one week left.. I'm getting excited here. :D
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

An aftershow with Ben Christo as DJ at Hornstull Strand (metro station Hornstull) seems to be on! It is not free (100 SEK) but well, it's not so common to have Ben Jovi host the aftershow, is it :wink:

Swedish excercise taken from an announcement at helgon.net:

Officiell SISTERS OF MERCY efterfest!
Live: The Other Flesh + TBA
DJs: DaKe, Skinny (Deathstars) &
Ben Christo (The Sisters Of Mercy, Night by Night))

Hornstull Strand Etablissement | Hornstull Strand | T-Hornstull
Lördag 21 Mars | 21:00-03:00 | Ålder 20år | Entré 100kr

Red Hot Rock bjuder på en helkväll där det som vanligt
tävlas i Guitar Hero, dansas till den bästa rocken och
åtnjuts de bästa banden. Den här kvällen har vi väldigt
prominenta gäster både i båset och på scen.

THE OTHER FLESH är det skitigaste ompadeathrockbandet
som någonsin har sett den här världen. Med en ny singel på
gång i vår och par gig som förband till Deathstars i det nyss
uppackade bagaget är man mer laddade än någonsin.

I dj-båset trängs DJ DaKe med SKINNY DISCO från Deathstars
och kvällens hedersgäst BEN CHRISTO från The Sisters of Mercy.

Mer Info:
http://www.hornstullstrand.se
http://www.otherflesh.com
_emma_
Overbomber

Cool! :D
DeaDe
Road Kill

Do you think there will be a possibility to buy a ticket just before the concert?
Christian

http://www.luger.se/

(edit: question was, where tickets can be bought in general, I guess they are als available right before the gig - as long as the concert is not sold out as many others).