True Blood

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Last week downloaded an watched the quite eagerly anticipated True Blood ( Alan Ball - american Beauty)

First four episodes were OK, then it went rapidly downhill, Soap opera cliches etc.

Most memorable is that Anna Paquin annoys the s**t out of me. ( If you do like her then she does get her kit off - I'll never be able to watch The Piano again :roll: )

Anybody else watch it and waste almost twelve hours of their lives?
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes!!! We have watched the whole lot. Most of the time we were cackling at the "accents".
Some of it was pretty good. Lafayette for instance... but yeah. It has some plot issues. And continuity issues. And make-up. And hilarious dodgy goth club scenes!!!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
silentNate

Yeah- the end of the season was awful but in general once I dropped my expectations it was quuite good. Having the bar owner as a shapechanger was just stupid but I like the character of her brother being addicted to V. This has also been discussed in the 'Tune In, Turn On...' thread.
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Seriously, is there anything that you lot do like?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
silentNate

weebleswobble wrote:Seriously, is there anything that you lot do like?
Pie. :oops:
I had a hand on the gun
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm just f**king with ya-but when usATV does something so different and anti-normal I have to applaud it

Plus (despite its few drawbacks) I found this show-fookin' tops

I also like pie :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
silentNate

weebleswobble wrote:I'm just f**king with ya-but when usATV does something so different and anti-normal I have to applaud it
I'd agree... if you were talking about Dexter :wink:

Sadly True Blood could have been genuinely scarey but they choose to go the route of soap opera :(
I had a hand on the gun
nodubmanshouts

I'm with weebles... top show. Can't wait for season two.

By the way, I thought the club scenes were more "biker-club" than goth...
splintered thing

As I said, we have watched it all and enjoyed it - it's just that cringe thing of hearing someone who has your accent trying to be a southern belle that's rather irksome. Overall it is a great show - just the title-theme tune is enough to draw me in. :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I enjoyed it. And I agree with ST about the theme song, that rocks.

One of my favourite shows at the moment is Life with Damien Lewis and Sarah Shahi. Excellent quirky cop show.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
GC
Slight Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:As I said, we have watched it all and enjoyed it - it's just that cringe thing of hearing someone who has your accent trying to be a southern belle that's rather irksome. Overall it is a great show - just the title-theme tune is enough to draw me in. :lol:
I think i only kept watching because of the theme song.

Alan Ball once said (interview Culture Show I think), that he preferred TV to film because he had more freedom. It's a shame that he turned something with so much potential into "As the world turns".
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Having read a number of the books, I thought Mr Ball made a pretty decent fist of it.
I think it suffers in comparison with Six Feet Under, but then almost anything he chose to do after that show would.
The second season should bring some interesting developments.