Sisters tattoo and plugs....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:I have some sisters text on my body in Caslon Antique. The tattooist was quite happy about that, because he didn't need a firm hand on that shaky font :lol:
How different would that be with Comic Sans!

(and ouch, what if you have Gary Glitter in Comic Sans on your back... No more beach for you)
guns & cars & accidents
paul
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
paul wrote:I have some sisters text on my body in Caslon Antique. The tattooist was quite happy about that, because he didn't need a firm hand on that shaky font :lol:
How different would that be with Comic Sans!

(and ouch, what if you have Gary Glitter in Comic Sans on your back... No more beach for you)
... no beach anyways for this old goff :lol:
Nic
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:I have several Sisters tattoos made over the past years. Even last week I was under the needle ...
Pics please. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
LaGwardia1
Road Kill

having most of my body tattooed and very visibly having my whole throat and neck done,aswell as my head and hands done ages i figured it was ok to get the logo done on the back of my head, but get this, when i got home my missus(whose 7 yrs older than me and VERY heavily tattooed...and piercing like 12 years so no stranger to body mods) was like

'thats too big, why did you do that?'

......quick as a flash...and i had to grin....i said 'it was a slight case of overbombing' :D...i attribute that to the couple of Finlandias i had after work..... ....

she still thinks its too big....

and is opposed to me getting 'Utterly Bastard Groovy' tattooed down the sides of 3 fingers....while i already have words on the left hands side fingers....

Biting the Silver Bullet in Arpil (im gonna be 25) some people...well alot of people say im WAY to covered than is neccessary but feck it....in for a penny in for a million quid :D

im just looking forward to being old so i can have a cane....a la Von.... :P
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nice tattoo, I've got one just like it on the inside of my skull ;D
oh and what Spigel said...

:wink:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i was tempted to have the MR logo for my first tat 20 years but there seemed to be a few about at the time. when i had it done ten years later it became and remains my favourite.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ramone

I finally got the Ramones Presidential Eagle on my upper arm. But not the name just the logo - so it now looks more like I'm a fan of Obama!!

Years ago, during the Black October and FALAA tours there was a famous tattoo seen at many of the Sisters shows of a M.R tattoo that had been done. It's a just a shame it was reversed and looked 'wrong' !!

Now the poor idiot has to live with that for the rest of his life. This reminds me of the mults who get their girlfriends / wives names inked on them and right on cue said woman exits stage left and they are left with some random female name on their skin. Mind you, it also looks ridiculous for a man to have a female name on them.

That along with pictures of kids, dogs, Mum and dad, stars on elbows, "cut here" around the throat, tears and star wars characters -a re all just wrong and people with any of these should be banished to Wales!

:eek: :x
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
GC
Slight Overbomber

@Ramone - What's wrong with Wales, we've already had our share of misfortune; we'd win "having s**t neigbours" contest hands down.
Ramone

Gollum's Cock wrote:@Ramone - What's wrong with Wales, we've already had our share of misfortune; we'd win "having s**t neigbours" contest hands down.
No you wouldn't.. pity the poor people of Dover who have to look out to sea and see their closest neighbours..France. Or worse still the poor souls of Belgium ! ding ding ding we have a winner !! :innocent:
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
GC
Slight Overbomber

Ramone wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:@Ramone - What's wrong with Wales, we've already had our share of misfortune; we'd win "having s**t neigbours" contest hands down.
No you wouldn't.. pity the poor people of Dover who have to look out to sea and see their closest neighbours..France. Or worse still the poor souls of Belgium ! ding ding ding we have a winner !! :innocent:
I think what's important to remember here is the difference between. semi-detached and detached accomodation. Wales is a lovely cottage next to a high storey inner city flat.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Ramone wrote:...That along with pictures of kids, dogs, Mum and dad, stars on elbows, "cut here" around the throat, tears and star wars characters ...
Or 'Born Dead' on their forehead... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Ramone wrote: That along with pictures of kids, dogs, Mum and dad, stars on elbows, "cut here" around the throat, tears and star wars characters -a re all just wrong and people with any of these should be banished to Wales!
Quite agree with you on all but one count.

I don't have, or intend to have, any of the cast of Star Wars or any other cult sci fi (not that SW is cult, but you know what I mean) inked to me - but I wouldn't look down on someone that did :wink:

In recent months I've been tempted by this design for some time (minus the text).

I love the design for itself, and it obviously has the Rosetta link. On the one hand I would do it because of eveything the music has meant to me and will continue to mean to me and how much its shaped my life so far. On the otherhand, I don't think I could stomach such a plege of alligance to something that went so sour so long ago.

In the end I don't think I will, but then settling on a tatoo design is something I've been struggling with for years, and will continue to do so until the day I decide to just pick a design and go for it.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if you do fancy that, have a word with this chap:

http://www.nigelkurt.com/gallery/tattoos/

he's done a bit of pre-raphaelite:

http://www.nigelkurt.com/gallery/tattoos/images/039.jpg

on HL he's called biggy
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
moses

Quiff Boy wrote:if you do fancy that, have a word with this chap:

http://www.nigelkurt.com/gallery/tattoos/

he's done a bit of pre-raphaelite:

http://www.nigelkurt.com/gallery/tattoos/images/039.jpg

on HL he's called biggy
They are absolutely stunning :notworthy: But some people do have some strange stuff tattooed on themselves - the two ronnies??

@QB - Riding out to echo beach
A million memories in the
trees and sands, oh no
How can I ever let them go?
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Ghost
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:when i was thinking about tat ideas i quite fancied having SISTERS in caslon antique running the length of my upper arm in large lettering

but i knew how arsy i would be about the font being EXACTLY right (like, every jagged edge and swirl :lol:), and given that tattooing text is never that precise, i decided to go for something more abstract :)
That's exactly the good thing about it, if Caslon Antique is only the reproduction of a very used and rough Caslon typeface, no two prints would look the same. And maybe for that size, the result wouldn't be so far.
throughthecables

Image[/code]

finally :):):):):)