08.04.2009 - Leeds

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

boudicca wrote:Am I the only one who thought Goldblade were s**t :?:
No :D
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

no :lol:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Most definitely not :lol:
Thea
Overbomber

You are all terrible pillocks! Goldblade are fantastic!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Everything rock'n'roll was never meant to become.

IMHO, of course :wink: :twisted:

One thing I will say for them is that guy had energy. But then so do I, if I drink a Costa coffee and a Red Bull at the same time. Which I do. So why was no one cheering me, I think is the real question.

PS Thea, did you get your jacket after the gig? I was looking around for you but you were nowhere to be seen.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Thea
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Everything rock'n'roll was never meant to become.

IMHO, of course :wink: :twisted:

One thing I will say for them is that guy had energy. But then so do I, if I drink a Costa coffee and a Red Bull at the same time. Which I do. So why was no one cheering me, I think is the real question.

PS Thea, did you get your jacket after the gig? I was looking around for you but you were nowhere to be seen.
Yep! my fault for forgetting about it 'till right at the end! :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: So why was no one cheering me, I think is the real question.
I'm sure we would if you were up on stage :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
aims
Overbomber

Top night out 8)

Great so see new and familiar faces - particularly bumping into mrs strange just before the girls went on :D

The sound was a bit low at the start, but it definitely improved through the night. My perspective was probably a bit warped with it being my first time not in the pit, so I'll decline to comment further. Definitely one worth seeing though ;)
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MarkC wrote:Hi,
First ever post so be savage/gentle with me!

Found this forum a few months ago and been lurking here in the shadows since then. Went to the Leeds gig on Weds and had a total blast. Previously went to the Refec gig (06 ?) and had sworn, never again. So glad I changed my mind!
This time round, I was well geared up with the likely setlist and all the news from here from the previous gigs. Made a huge difference.
So, BIG thanks to all you guys here. :notworthy: I even got to the aftershow which was awesome as well. Not danced like that since the Weds/Sat Poly discos 20 years ago! :oops: A Triple treble vodka and black was the opening drink then - yeah, so, not a lot has changed since then. :P Ahem.

Even got to see THOSE sideburns outside the aftershow when I was jumping in a taxi.

Anyway enough rambling - for your enjoyment and to say thanks for all the news here on HL, I have stuck some vids on YouTube from the Leeds gig - Originality being my middle name, the account name is SistersLeedsApril09 or the links are below. 8)

Hopefully the camera shots are not too shaky - I steadied my hand with a few Guinness so you may keep hearing the orders being taken. Oops.

Anaconda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhT0ZdvVjs0

Marian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaLmqtcUno

Susanne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai19ySrNX_4

Giving Ground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFoUnLq9-yc

First and Last and Always
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7UTThgFGw

Flood II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j64VRQZkdJQ

Top Nite Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a1xLKzY0jo

Temple Of Love
taking forever to upload - will post this link later

Sadly, I had to bin the Alice and This Corrosion vids 'cos my pi55ed mates were "singing" and beer-talking all over the vids - they even started singing White Wedding to This Corrosion which is wrong on so many levels. I will be having a word with them about this...... :x

Enjoy!
Thanks, it looks like you had some excellent time in there.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Greetings, MarkC, and thanks for the vids! Nice antidote to the other first (and, one hopes, last) posts... :roll:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Ania
Road Kill

stufarq wrote:
No :D
they did not impress me either..
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

back. we go in fairly early to see goldblade 'd you believe in the powerof rock 'n' roll :lol: and as usual they were ace. as variuos people said on the night, a proper second band rather than something to fill the time.

main event, well, the poorest i've seen this time round. they didn't seem to be up for it at all :? if it wasn't for the mosh pit, then i'll be honest, i would've been bored. still, i got to see a crap 'giving ground' and a reasonable romeo down - yeah even in the pit people were asking for the sound to be raised... ho hum.... great to see so many old faces and to meet some new ones.

thx to QB and co for the after party which was top... won't share what downstairs danny thought of the gig... but it wasn't too complimentary :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Debaser
Overbomber

Looked for you Ez but couldn't find yas.....*sniff*
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

By my reckoning, Leeds was my 50th Sisters gig and I have to admit I've rather lost any sense of objectivity as the gigs have become an excuse to travel and see friends.

I don't think it was the greatest Sisters gig I've been to, but a long way from the worst. My real complaint is that the sound was just too quiet although there was a real buzz around it to make up for it. I certainly had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Good aftershow too and a chance to see friends and meet new faces. Special mentions to Richey and Diana, Norman Hunter and Martin from NZ. I also bumped into a friend's ex-girlfriend who had been at the University of Leeds with me in the 1990s and who I'd not seen or heard of in 13 years. It seems the band still retains its appeal for us all.

Alexander
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

boudicca wrote:So why was no one cheering me, I think is the real question.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

[quote="MarkC"]May God Have Mercy On Your Soul...Proceed![/qoute]

And I pray that Summer... never comes.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

MarkC wrote: May God Have Mercy On Your Soul...Proceed!
And I pray that summer...never comes.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

ooops! That wasn't Tim posting, I didn't realise his account was logged on...

Maisey
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Syberberg wrote:I have never walked out of a gig before in my life. 36 mins into this disaster of Sisters gig and I did. The first gig I've ever left because it was abject sh!te. Ben Christo murdered Ribbons. Alice??? WTF? No energy, no balls. Absolute s**t gig. The talk around me from long time fans and ones who'd seen The Sisters earlier in the tour...worst gig on the tour, possibly even the worst gig ever performed by The Sisters
And you probably forgot to say, my book is still not signed by :von: :innocent: :oops:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Debaser wrote:Looked for you Ez but couldn't find yas.....*sniff*
and i you Ness :? and the ever illusive Biggy. Even asked Danny for his whereabouts, but still not to be on, what is now, the fifth time of trying :lol:

i was cunningly disguised in your favourite colour btw :wink:
Goths have feelings too
pink-n-fluffy
Road Kill

Hello!

My husband & I were at the Leeds concert. It was my first time visiting Leeds & also my first time at a Sisters Of Mercy concert.
We started queuing outside at about 6.15pm so that we would be able to get into the front row, which we managed to do - yippee!
The concert was great. The only complaint I have is that I kept getting rammed violently from behind into the barrier which wasn't at all pleasant!
I got chatting to two really sweet ladies who were either side of me at the front by the barrier. One was to the left of me when Goldblade were on & then I swapped places with my husband so I could be closer to the middle & the other was to the right of me & we hung our coats over the barrier. If they're on here I just wanted to apologise about not saying goodbye to them, my husband wanted to get himself a t-shirt when the concert had finished & I was distracted with that.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thousands of thanks to Marc C. and sister-pics for the videos on YouTube. :notworthy:

To me it seems to have been a great gig.
Wish I could have been there. And again such an energetic version of Flood II ... uh ...

Obviously, :von: is regaining his strengths - not only with regard to some throat infections, gastroenteritis and then influenza.

By the way, I entered this forum only a few days ago - and I wonder why I didn't do so earlier. It's just :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

But, I have tried to escape it again and again and again and the effect was only :oops: and :cry: and :cry: and :oops: and ...
I've given it up now ...

My heart and my greetings to all of you!
mistressteal
Road Kill

He still looks like a love god to me...
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Only with his sunglasses!
Belive me!!!