Hussey would like to work again with Eldritch

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*clang*

Happy now? ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

a fankoo pleasy! : )
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Debi wrote:and i've been here all of five minutes and not had a single clang with a saucepan for mentioning Eurasure : ) ha ha
is that like doubleplusgood for clowns?
Goths have feelings too
Big Si
School Bully

Quiff Boy wrote:
Debi wrote:Thanks Main Man! I knew the facts must be around here somewhere but didn't know where!!
no worries :D
You've still not added Clause 83 :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

paint it black wrote:
Debi wrote:and i've been here all of five minutes and not had a single clang with a saucepan for mentioning Eurasure : ) ha ha
is that like doubleplusgood for clowns?
You rang?
Debi

i rang for a clang apparently : )
Edski
Road Kill

Err.. this is probably really out of date but for what it's worth, I've got a recording of WH's comments from the gig in question which was in Bochum on 8th November 2008 after playing Wake.

This is what he said... admittedly slightly tipsy.

"Thank you.

I don't know if you know but that song was written for Andrew Eldritch...

And you know it's a question I've been asked a lot recently...is would I get back with Andrew...'cos now the m*****n is no more...and the Sisters are crap...[crowd jeers] come on! - they're crap! [more jeers]

I think Andrew needs me more than I need him... but you know what? if he called me tomorrow I'd go back.."
Debi

Quiff Boy wrote:
Debi wrote:Because I quite like Utterly Bastard Groovy!! :D
then you will have to post a whole lot more for that ;)

standard ranks: (taken from the statistics page - http://www.myheartland.co.uk/statistics.php)
I wrote:Road Kill 0 - 99 posts
Amphetamine Filth 100 - 249 posts
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth 250 - 499 posts
Slight Overbomber 1000 - 1999 posts
Overbomber 2000 - 4999 posts
Underneath the Rock 5000 - 7499 posts
Above the Chemist 7500 - 14999 posts
Intellectual Love God 15000 - 14999 posts
there are also a few people who have custom/personal 'ranks' but you'd have to be a regular to warrant one of those ;)

8)
ahahahahahahahahahah :eek:

not long an i'll be

:notworthy: Utterly Bastard Groovy ;D Amphetamine Filth :notworthy:

not so sure about the filth bit :urff:

but lurve UBG :innocent:
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:von: spoke with a friend of mine recently. when asked of WH, :von: called him 'a cünt.'
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

davedecay wrote::von: spoke with a friend of mine recently. when asked of WH, :von: called him 'a cünt.'
You'd think he'd let it go, it's been nearly 25 years...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I think it's fair. He is one, after all. Like saying "the sky is blue" or "the grass is green", really. ;D :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:I think it's fair. He is one, after all. Like saying "the sky is blue" or "the grass is green", really. ;D :twisted:
My thought exactly. :lol:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

davedecay wrote::von: spoke with a friend of mine recently. when asked of WH, :von: called him 'a cünt.'
:lol: 8) Nice one Andrew.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Debi

i would have thought that a bit complimentary ;D :innocent:
_emma_
Overbomber

mh wrote:I think it's fair. He is one, after all. Like saying "the sky is blue" or "the grass is green", really. ;D :twisted:
Very off topic, I know, but....

erm... it's all in the eye of the beholder. :innocent: ;D
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I think it would be great fun if Wayne and Eldo ponced around together for a tour, maybe shift Ben or Chris over to much needed bass duties?

Still, never gonna happen - especially if Wayne says things like that publically. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool if did.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

I personally would like it a lot. Certainly would buy a ticket. I like the Sister nowadays a lot but still prefer the 84-85's era. I think it will be big fun just for one time....
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

Ozpat wrote:
:lol:
shame shame shame
lachert
Overbomber

hard to find more proper word for what he's doing :?
long live rock'n'roll
Debi

242headhunter wrote:I personally would like it a lot. Certainly would buy a ticket. I like the Sister nowadays a lot but still prefer the 84-85's era. I think it will be big fun just for one time....
me too, me too ;D :notworthy:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Maisey wrote:Still, never gonna happen - especially if Wayne says things like that publically.
Wayne didn't say it:
Eldritch said it of Wayne.
sultan2075
Overbomber

A Hussey-Eldo reunion would be... sad. Pathetic. All about the filthy lucre. Lousy.

Seriously, it's a step down for Von.

Let me add, as HL's resident libertarian capitalist, there's nothing wrong with filthy lucre.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
mh
Above the Chemist

Why would Von need Wayne anyway, he's got Chris and Ben. :|

No joking, the two boys have been the best thing that's happed to the band in a long long long time. Why would anyone want to step back to the bad old days? Forward, I say!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sultan2075 wrote:A Hussey-Eldo reunion would be... sad. Pathetic. All about the filthy lucre. Lousy.
Seriously, it's a step down for Von.
mh wrote:Why would Von need Wayne anyway, he's got Chris and Ben. :|
No joking, the two boys have been the best thing that's happed to the band in a long long long time. Why would anyone want to step back to the bad old days? Forward, I say!
;D :lol: ;D Exactly! ... :notworthy: ... happy to have nothing to add ... ;D