Why is the toughness of cats not proverbial?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eotunun
Overbomber

This is the most stunning survival story I have ever heard: A cat that survived the collapse of a house and then 35 days without water or food under rubble!
Story here. :eek:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Why is the toughness of cats not proverbial?
Erm, but it is. :eek: Nine lives 'n all that. Tell me you're being ironic...Image

Great story, though. :notworthy:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Screw the priceless documents, at least Schröd[ing]er's cat is safe :lol:

Tabby cats have well-developed survival instincts. Fat marmalade cats have difficulty surviving past the first few hours without food, while black cats wouldn't be silly enough to find themselves in that position in the first place. White cats would be found sitting on top of the rubble, delicately washing a paw, having been responsible for the whole thing.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:Screw the priceless documents, at least Schröd[ing]er's cat is safe :lol:

Tabby cats have well-developed survival instincts. Fat marmalade cats have difficulty surviving past the first few hours without food, while black cats wouldn't be silly enough to find themselves in that position in the first place. White cats would be found sitting on top of the rubble, delicately washing a paw, having been responsible for the whole thing.
:lol:
eotunun
Overbomber

7anthea7 wrote:
Erm, but it is. :eek: Nine lives 'n all that. Tell me you're being ironic...Image

Great story, though. :notworthy:
Yes, that. And I forgot a comma after the "why" as well. which was even more Ironic as well. Thanks for helping me to avoid having to adnit I was simply stone dumb. I shall not write in three IM windows while posting again. :oops: :lol:

@EB: Well spotted! :lol: :notworthy:
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
James Blast
Banned

cats = bastards

move on
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dodges Unlimited Inc.
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

All Cats Are Grey - By that other Goff Band ...

:wink:
“Pension. Pay given to a state hireling for treason to his country.�
Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language (1755)
James Blast
Banned

all cats are not grey, get bent
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

Our mama cat is 15+ and still a pain in the arse. :notworthy:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
James Blast
Banned

you can get bent too!
~ Peter Steele