Sony MD Transfers

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I know there are a few tapers out there so hopefully someone can assist.

Knowing that Sony has made an inferior product in terms of the SonicStage software, does anyone have any other tips, suggestions, software, to transfer Hi-MD audio from my MD to my hard drive?

By googling and scourin gother forums I've yet to see any relevant suggestions to correct what Sony incomprehensibly released under good conscience!

Cheers in advance.

Brad
Pista
Cureboi

this not work for you?

What format are your files in?
LPCM or ATRAC *spits*
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Pista.
I've spent a better half of the morning dealing with this and I think the conclusion I've come to is the 1 gig Hi-MD's are pieces of s**t.
They are the only ones that cause access errors and data loss. Normal minidiscs are working wonderfully.. so far.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Hey Brad,

well I never had problems with my HiMD so why exactly can't you transfer the data via sonicstage - because of access problems and corrupted data? I guess this is more a hardware- or media related problem like a dirty lens etc.

AFAIK there is no other way to transfer the data via USB than using sonicstage for windows or a (sony made) tool for mac. A valid plan b may be a bit-true real-time copy via sp-dif. Unfortunately most MD portables are not providing a sp-dif output to realise that :urff: