The Reptile House - new Youtube

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
funandprofit
Road Kill

I just uploaded about 8 vids from our show last night on our youtube channel if anyone is interested in viewing. We just added Burn and Body Electric to the setlist. My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section.

www.youtube.com/thereptilehaus
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
www.myspace.com/thereptilehaus
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

No. Only Von is Von.
aims
Overbomber

Good stuff :D

The sound on Lucretia isn't very crisp, but I'm not sure what era you're looking to emulate. Also, you might want to study Wake a bit re: stage presence.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I wish cover bands had the same policy as the original Sisters (No site updates).
guns & cars & accidents
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Wow, again a very good cover/tribute show - probably the best snippets of this kind I've ever seen :notworthy:

PS: Is a that a smoke machine or is there someone smoking a cigarette on the ground :lol:
PPS: You may have recognized that fans are getting pissed the more you're getting better - just ignore that :lol:
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Hey, wonderful ... thanks for taking up Sisters' songs (and obviously enjoying to play and perform them)
I know, you do it for yourself, for us and for everybody. And that's how I think it should be :D
Nadia81 wrote:No. Only Von is Von.

No doubt. And there is no substitute. We all exist only for once. That's exactly why ...
funandprofit
Road Kill

Nadia - You are correct! There is only one Von!

Motz - We recorded it from the vid camera. Sound is a little dodgy. We're not trying to emulate any one particular era, although we're stopping at Floodland. Some people get frustrated that we don't play the later stuff. Our choice. Maybe in the future. We've already discussed Crash and Burn and Summer. I own wake...our stage presence is what it is. We are putting a lot of ourselves into this as well. We never claimed we are doing a 100% exact replica of the sisters. IF so, I as Wayne FUSSEY would have to get my nose extended.

Dinky - Whatever

Doc - There's Gnome puffing on a pipe behind us! Actually we just got that smoke machine. We have it set on a timer so we don't have to mess with it while playing. We are going to purchase another soon though.

Being - Thanks! -
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Great work guys, glad someone will be doing at after we throw our towels in :)

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
mh
Above the Chemist

funandprofit wrote:There's Gnome puffing on a pipe behind us!
Ah, Simon as Nurse to the Doktor, eh? :twisted:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
funandprofit
Road Kill

Thanks a lot Paddy.....Sorry to see you guys go. Isn;t there another one from Belgium that just started up recently too? A trio I think?
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
bookish
Road Kill

Not bad! Not bad at all.
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

Big thumbs up...
James Blast
Banned

get yer backup band tae wear wigs/hats/sunglasses/breezers/glittery shirts as appropriate and 21 secs is not enuff to make a proper judgement

keep going!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
funandprofit
Road Kill

Lots more than the 21 seconds on there James!
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I apologise if my comment irked anyone (everyone more like).I did not mean to imply the band was bad ,only that I ,personally,don't like imitation.Again ,my apologies.
funandprofit
Road Kill

No need to apologize! We know we're not going to be a hit with every Sisters fan and some will completely hate us. I completely respect your opinion. No worries!
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

another thumbs up here. loved Body Electric in particular.
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
James Blast
Banned

Padstar gave ye a thumbs up, that's aw that is needed IMO
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:I apologise if my comment irked anyone (everyone more like).I did not mean to imply the band was bad ,only that I ,personally,don't like imitation.Again ,my apologies.
Damn sorry you apologize. I want to hurt people. This band sucks bad! Cover bands are stupid and suck cock.
guns & cars & accidents
James Blast
Banned

Yeah! see the thing that tours calling itself The Sisters Of Mercy, lets stab the bastards!
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Nadia81 wrote:I apologise if my comment irked anyone (everyone more like).I did not mean to imply the band was bad ,only that I ,personally,don't like imitation.Again ,my apologies.
No need to apologize for what you feel and think. Really, not.
ALDritch
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:
Damn sorry you apologize. I want to hurt people. This band sucks bad! Cover bands are stupid and suck cock.
That's the spirit!
Sounds like you know a lot about sucking, eh? :lol:
If you really *want* to hurt people, try using your teeth. :twisted:
funandprofit
Road Kill

Sorry, Dinky, we leave the sucking to the pros, although sometimes we get a reach around when we're lucky!
Michael

Rise and Reiterate
ALDritch
Road Kill

Thanks to everyone who's offered up any sort of kudos, we really appreciate the support and feedback!

As far as the detractors go, I don't think that you really *get it*.
You're taking this band WAY too personally.

We're not trying to *be* The Sisters.
We're not "Pretenders to the Throne".
There *is* only one Von, and I ain't him.
I'm too tall and redheaded. :von: :von: :von:

This band is comprised of extremely accomplished musicians who've done plenty of original material and have had nothing but Top 10 singles throughout our wildly successful and incredibly lucrative careers. :lol:
We also happen to LOVE The Sisters Of Mercy!

This band is a lot of *fun* for us.
We love these songs.
We love *playing* these songs.
These songs mean a lot to us, as they do to you.

Besides, you know that you all sing these songs in the shower anyway, you're just unhappy because I get to sing them louder than you! :twisted:

Some people are content showing their support by just buying a album or t-shirt or sniping at other fans on Internet forums.

Some people would rather pick up guitars and program drum machines and jump up on stage with the volume at 11 to show their appreciation for this music.

We're ALL waiting for the next one to arrive.

If you don't like what we're doing, form your own band and do it better than us. ;)

Rise and Reiterate!

Over and Out.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I love rock 'n' roll.
guns & cars & accidents