Prague, April 1st 2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
_emma_
Overbomber

sukhoi wrote:Btw, lot ot very bad reviews in local press/internet forums.
WTF? It was a great gig, for god's sake, everything was OK. :?
The sound did go down for a couple of seconds (during FALAA I think) - but so what! It was just amusing, and apart from this small technical issue it was a great concert. (which is why I was so astonished to hear the news about the next ones being cancelled, because in Prague there was nothing wrong, and I would have never expected the approaching health problems or anything.)
Oh well. :roll:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I had a great time in Prague (what a stunning city :notworthy:) and I really enjoyed this gig. The 2 guys standing next to me seemed to be having a great time too and were happy to bounce along to Lucretia - and most of the other songs come to think of it :lol: There were some sound issues with this gig though, especially at the start when I could hear myself sing (and that takes some doing). They cranked the sound up a bit and that satisfied most people, but one guy borrowed a space in the front row so he could shout his complaints about the sound. It was then that Eldritch suggested he try standing in front of the loudspeakers. There were varying reports abou the sound levels - another of these gigs where it depended very much on where you were standing. The Archa Theatre is a strange venue, with the hall being 2 floors underground. The bars stayed open for a while after the gig, which was nice too.

Apologies to sukhoi. I had your number but forgot to store it on my phone so we didn't manage to join you for drinks afterwards. We did go the bar you reccommended for cider but they had run out! So we ended up in the first other pub we found. Given how many wonderful bars I've seen walking through the streets of Prague, we still managed to end up in what may well have been the most unwelcoming s**t hole in the whole city :lol: Luckily, I stumbled across an Irish bar 2 minutes away from my hotel the next day, so I managed to find some cider afterall :)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nice silhouettes. Well composed (cropped?). Thanks! :D
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Being645
Above the Chemist

something different, beautiful pictures ... thank you.
(I'm a little fed up with emoticons, that's why I don't add some here ...
please don't mind.) Greetings and thanks again.
Grey Fox
Road Kill