More Radio 6 stuff

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Lowrider
Road Kill

Right NOW on R6
Jayne Middlemiss for Gideon Coe
1000-1300
Wednesday 29 October

Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci are fresh from the States and join Jayne live in session.

Today’s GREAT LOST ALBUM is Floodland from Sisters of Mercy.

And today’s Dodgy But Great is a corker from Janet Jackson.

Hit The Decs revisits the 80’s with Dukes of Stratosphear and we reach number 4 in our Top 6 songs with Screaming.
It's lost? :von:

I've got a copy if she wants... oh, I see... :lol:

LR
Lowrider
Road Kill

Radio 6 goth noticeboard
Mr Chris, Belfast
Goth was really a load of bunk, though it was fun while it lasted. Another excuse for men to wear makeup and jangly jewellery, and they don't come around often enough. Seriously, though, the great crime of the whole concept of goth, particularly as perpetuated by lazy music journalists, has been to hinder the career of one of the truly great rock bands of our time: The Sisters of Mercy. Any one of their LPs is worth more than all the lacklustre bandwagonjumping tat that called itself Goth. Speaking of which, when is Andrew Collins going to write a biography of Andrew Eldritch? It's your duty, man!

Andrew Collins, not-very-Gothic Reigate, Surrey
Like I've got time to write an Eldritch biography, Mr Chris! If only . . . (Someone should do it - a true visionary, and a very funny man to boot. The only interviewee we've had in the Teatime studio who made us turn the webcam off. Cool. I used to think, as an impressionable young teen, that the Sisters wrote Gimme Shelter.)

LR
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wierd.

today's "lost album" album was unknown pleasures. floodland is tomorrow :roll:

incidentally, it was "shadowplay" that won the voting and was played as "the track from the lost album"...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Lowrider wrote:Radio 6 goth noticeboard
Mr Chris, Belfast
Goth was really a load of bunk, though it was fun while it lasted. Another excuse for men to wear makeup and jangly jewellery, and they don't come around often enough. Seriously, though, the great crime of the whole concept of goth, particularly as perpetuated by lazy music journalists, has been to hinder the career of one of the truly great rock bands of our time: The Sisters of Mercy. Any one of their LPs is worth more than all the lacklustre bandwagonjumping tat that called itself Goth. Speaking of which, when is Andrew Collins going to write a biography of Andrew Eldritch? It's your duty, man!

Andrew Collins, not-very-Gothic Reigate, Surrey
Like I've got time to write an Eldritch biography, Mr Chris! If only . . . (Someone should do it - a true visionary, and a very funny man to boot. The only interviewee we've had in the Teatime studio who made us turn the webcam off. Cool. I used to think, as an impressionable young teen, that the Sisters wrote Gimme Shelter.)

LR

Wow! I'm famous! Andrew Collins replied to my message! Okay, he rejected the idea, but I think I may have at least sown a seed...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hey, a second thought - if loads of you good Heartland citizens add your support, he might seriously think about it...
Chris

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

a sisters biography or an eldritch autobiography?

i dont think we need another sisters biography, and as much as i like mr collins i reckon eldo is more than capable of writing his own ;)

and i dont think he'd speak to mr collins anymore after keep calling them a goth band on the 6music "goth week" thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

I noticed on the interview he did on 6 music, Andrew Collins was really really into the whole thing. I even got the impression (to a dergree) that Eldritch 'liked' Collins.

Steve
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yep, but that was before the goth week... ;) :innocent:
Silver_Owl
The Don

"We forgive as we forget
As the day is long
As the day is long
Rain from Heaven"
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'd rather have the Sisters played on the radio under any guise than not. I think Collins is quite clued up about the whole thing.

I just emailed Andrew imploring him some more, and he sent a very nice message back, saying he's sadly too busy writing a sequel to 'where did it all go right?', and didn't feel up to being Eldritch's Boswell at the moment. Busy schmusy. I have numerous jobs to do right now, but it doesn't stop me posting inane message here instead, does it?
Chris