Interesting article on g*th culture

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Heyas
I was just looking for some old review I once saw, some kind of "what hasn't been told" from the 80's alternative scene, and came across this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2006/sep/29/popandrock

It's rubbish but there are some curious moments, anyways, just sharing with fellow heartlanders :)

By the way, does anyone know/knows where to find this other article? I can't remember much of it, but I do remember one passage where the author said "Peter Murphy wasn't much into to drug, but there was definately something wrong with him." Or something along those lines...
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not too bad, methinks.
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"eldritch doesn't mean wizard.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:"eldritch doesn't mean wizard.
Oh, for the days when journalists actually spoke their own native tongue... :roll:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Moakahontas

The Sisters Of Mercy: Amphetamine Logic

This stark, driving track defines the Sisters' oeuvre and sums up Andrew Eldritch's cod-vampiric lifestyle: "Nothing but the knife to live for."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Moakahontas wrote:The Sisters Of Mercy: Amphetamine Logic

This stark, driving track defines the Sisters' oeuvre and sums up Andrew Eldritch's cod-vampiric lifestyle: "Nothing but the knife to live for."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know! Erm, the clue is in the title...

Cod vampiric. :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

What does that even mean? I assumed it was some sort of British colloquialism ("cod-vampiric" that is). Judging by the reaction I'm guessing it's not, and I'm now imagining vampiric fish.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

;D
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The similarities are unmistakable.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Looks more like Dave Vanian to me.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

now that you mention it, it does look a bit like dave vanian! :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be the cape...

:von: never wore a cape, did he now? :twisted: :innocent: ;D
Moakahontas

LouLou wrote:now that you mention it, it does look a bit like dave vanian! :lol: :lol: :lol:

must be the cape...

:von: never wore a cape, did he now? :twisted: :innocent: ;D
..guess the answer would be...no?! :lol: