I must stop!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

so what?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:nicotine is the least damaging mood elevator I can...erm, afford. :|
I'm not sure that there are any more damaging than nicotine.
I can think of quite a few - but you can't get them at the corner shop (not in my neighbourhood, anyway). :wink: :innocent:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Being645
Wiki Wizard

stufarq wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:nicotine is the least damaging mood elevator I can...erm, afford. :|
Oh, there are plenty more damaging strategies ...
abusing and beating your children, for example ... :urff:

... very bad joke and very bad taste and only one example as about commonly spread as nicotine abuse.
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

to quit smoking would be a very good thing for me. Anything else is not important... :-)
And I try and I try and...
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

17.auflage wrote:to quit smoking would be a very good thing for me. Anything else is not important... :-)
And I try and I try and...

...and try and try and...

bugger it, i quit trying! :(
Back in time

I must stop drinking while working. Or not. If I don`t then I am in the wrong thread. :oops:
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
17.auflage

on days like today i should/would start drinking while working....
grrrrr
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

..eating pizza... :urff: ...I must stop with that - NOW!! :eek: :urff:
psichonaut
Overbomber

Back in time wrote:I must stop drinking while working. Or not. If I don`t then I am in the wrong thread. :oops:
well...i must stop working while drinking then :innocent:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

7anthea7 wrote:
stufarq wrote:
I can think of quite a few - but you can't get them at the corner shop (not in my neighbourhood, anyway). :wink: :innocent:
I think you'll find that they're not nearly as damaging.

Unless you're talking about bubonic plague. Are you talking about bubonic plague? Why do you want to buy bubonic plague? Are you planning on holding the world to ransom or wiping out the entire population so that you can start again with your chosen master race? Am I one of them? Please choose me. Pleeeease!
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:
stufarq wrote: I'm not sure that there are any more damaging than nicotine.
I think you'll find that they're not nearly as damaging.
All I can say is that there awfully many homicides and suicides around here that are the direct result of certain 'home-cooked' mood elevators. Were it only the latter, I'd call it even, but there's quite a lot of collateral damage. :|
And also wrote:Unless you're talking about bubonic plague. Are you talking about bubonic plague? Why do you want to buy bubonic plague? Are you planning on holding the world to ransom or wiping out the entire population so that you can start again with your chosen master race? Am I one of them? Please choose me. Pleeeease!
And here I thought I was being so circumspect. :lol:

I guess I'll have to cut you in just to keep my nefarious scheme on course... :wink:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
James Blast
Banned

I love fags (cigarettes) if I could smoke in my sleep, I would
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

7anthea7 wrote:All I can say is that there awfully many homicides and suicides around here that are the direct result of certain 'home-cooked' mood elevators. Were it only the latter, I'd call it even, but there's quite a lot of collateral damage. :|
Ain't prohibition a f*cker :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

7anthea7 wrote:All I can say is that there awfully many homicides and suicides around here that are the direct result of certain 'home-cooked' mood elevators. Were it only the latter, I'd call it even, but there's quite a lot of collateral damage. :|
All pretty horrible of course but the number of tobacco- & nicotine-related deaths are still massively higher.
And also wrote:Unless you're talking about bubonic plague. Are you talking about bubonic plague? Why do you want to buy bubonic plague? Are you planning on holding the world to ransom or wiping out the entire population so that you can start again with your chosen master race? Am I one of them? Please choose me. Pleeeease!
And here I thought I was being so circumspect. :lol:

I guess I'll have to cut you in just to keep my nefarious scheme on course... :wink:[/quote]
Hurrah! Do I get an orange jumpsuit? And metal hands or legs or something? At least replace one of my body parts with something lethal.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
Ain't prohibition a f*cker :|
In related news, Jacqui Smith's latest wonderful idea is to make BZP illegal in the UK. Because one guy died from it... when he mixed it with ecstasy. :roll:
Though this is the same Jacqui Smith that bullied down the Government's own advisers who provided evidence that ecstasy does not deserve a Class A rating.

This is a constant annoyance to me. Tobacco is f**king disgusting, and alcohol is an expensive downer (I certainly don't rate it as one of the better drugs I've taken), and THESE are the ones the Government would prefer me to take, over cannabis, MDMA, or even legal variants of the latter? Drugs which are less likely to kill you than paracetamol?

:|
Pista
Cureboi

:eek:
Blimey Korin.
Get a grip.

The thread's about stopping doing stuff.
Can be anything really (fizzy drinks, pissing in shop doorways, eating cheese in the middle of the night........etc.)

You want to take that stuff go ahead (although not advised).

I must stop pissing in shop doorways btw.

:innocent: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

It's just a little annoyance of mine, sorry. :|

Though if I have to be on-topic, so be it.. I must stop drinking any more than a couple of pints on a night out. Doesn't do much for me any more, anyway....
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Drugs which are less likely to kill you than paracetamol?
Sorry but paracetamol won't kill you unless you take enough of it and it would f**k your liver up. I think you are putting yourself far more at risk taking those s**t drugs you keep going on about.

A little annoyance of mine, sorry :| :wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i must stop hoarding lots of bits of paper. my study looks like... well, it's messy.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
Dark wrote:Drugs which are less likely to kill you than paracetamol?
Sorry but paracetamol won't kill you unless you take enough of it and it would f**k your liver up. I think you are putting yourself far more at risk taking those s**t drugs you keep going on about.

A little annoyance of mine, sorry :| :wink:
I meant by comparing death rates..
Not that I'd call them s**t drugs, with the exception of this one, which should be made Class A forthwith. ;)
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:i must stop hoarding lots of bits of paper. my study looks like... well, it's messy.
Couldn't possibly be any worse than mine. Perhaps we need a support group... :roll:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
psichonaut
Overbomber

IMS to say bad words
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
mh
Above the Chemist

Eating cheese before bedtime: http://myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=474723#474723

Now what the f--k was that all about?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.