Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
There can be only one original
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

PostPost #1  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: There can be only one original Reply with quote Back to top

Did Eldrich do a poster for levies jeans many many years ago...? any thoughts
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised Question Question Question Question
Mr. Spig
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be inclined to think not.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was Pete Murphy and the Memorex Ad, but I think that's as close as it gets
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #5  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

now it's Ian Curtis and Puma or Adidas ad.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LMFAO We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

where on earth did you get that one from? Laughing

hello btw Smile
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this ?

or this?

there was a boots/sneakers with his lyrics if i remember correct. and as you can see i was wrong it's new balance
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'd actually meant Our fearless leader! 's alleged levi's ad - i'd be very interested to find out what might have been the source of this, erm..., piece of info Smile

it's the first time i heard about those trainers though We are not worthy! . i think they are a bit freaky really - ian's lyrics aren't exactly what i'd expect to see on trainers Confused
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #9  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh i see Embarassed
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my mistake. i should have quoted the original post Smile

trying to cut down on my quoting, you see...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

million voices wrote:
There was Pete Murphy and the Memorex Ad, but I think that's as close as it gets

Shome mishtake, shurely? IIRC it was Maxell Wink
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honest, i saw it (the poster) in Manchester after the split after the Royal Albert gig in 85, the photo is of your man Eldrich, standing on a railway track, ripped jeans and "the hat and shades",cos the wife said to me "isn't that Elders on that poster?"..i will stand corrected no probs but it was defanetly the man....(no trainers tho),would be funny if it was flip flops tho....NIK, HELLOW BY THE WAY
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello back atcha. Very Happy

IMO, if it was Eldritch, I have no doubt they'd have been using his image without his permission. And he'd have a) sued them, and b) had it withdrawn, post haste.

However, the fact that this bit of, erm, 'history' appears to be otherwise unknown leads me to believe that they were probably using a ringer. There were lots of pale skinny boys with good cheekbones and dyed black hair out there, and with the sunglasses it's easy enough to do a convincing body double. Wink
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you're right, 7a7. If it was Von, everyone here would have seen it a million and a half times already.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #15  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark wrote:
million voices wrote:

Shome mishtake, shurely? IIRC it was Maxell Wink

yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUIxGJ-ykI

and

the cake is a lie
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

PostPost #16  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated, its like you said i think a major court case would be on the cards if it was Eldrich, this pikky has been bugging the hell out of me for years, i might for a laugh go into Levies site just to see what i can dig up, thanks again...fun talking about this one tho...NIK..ps i use swans necks to wipe my ass with.
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as for the old goths in commercials, i like that one:

James Blast
Banned

PostPost #18  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's 'mad season' we get all sorts of daft questions in here
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

PostPost #19  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yep
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #20  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's sisters chat, what you expect to see/read ?
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #21  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah..and this is true too..

Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and presenting..the new commercial for Mayberline..

Nikpoulton
Road Kill

PostPost #23  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

excellent know that's funny...should of told my mum that you were going to use her photo, she will sue
million voices
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops, guess my memorex isn't as good as it used to be.

Did Eldo appear in a jeans ad then? Was he that bloke in the laundrette?
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #25  Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh puhrleez go away!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: