There can be only one original

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

Did Eldrich do a poster for levies jeans many many years ago...? any thoughts
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Mr. Spig
Road Kill

I'd be inclined to think not.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

There was Pete Murphy and the Memorex Ad, but I think that's as close as it gets
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

now it's Ian Curtis and Puma or Adidas ad.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

LMFAO :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

where on earth did you get that one from? :lol:

hello btw :)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

this ?
or this?

there was a boots/sneakers with his lyrics if i remember correct. and as you can see i was wrong it's new balance
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i'd actually meant :von: 's alleged levi's ad - i'd be very interested to find out what might have been the source of this, erm..., piece of info :)

it's the first time i heard about those trainers though :notworthy: . i think they are a bit freaky really - ian's lyrics aren't exactly what i'd expect to see on trainers :?
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

my mistake. i should have quoted the original post :)

trying to cut down on my quoting, you see...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

million voices wrote:There was Pete Murphy and the Memorex Ad, but I think that's as close as it gets
Shome mishtake, shurely? IIRC it was Maxell ;)
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

Honest, i saw it (the poster) in Manchester after the split after the Royal Albert gig in 85, the photo is of your man Eldrich, standing on a railway track, ripped jeans and "the hat and shades",cos the wife said to me "isn't that Elders on that poster?"..i will stand corrected no probs but it was defanetly the man....(no trainers tho),would be funny if it was flip flops tho....NIK, HELLOW BY THE WAY
Just been talking about the Ritz gig in Manchester 1984, think ive still got some bruises still,any how Happy Days...
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Hello back atcha. :D

IMO, if it was Eldritch, I have no doubt they'd have been using his image without his permission. And he'd have a) sued them, and b) had it withdrawn, post haste.

However, the fact that this bit of, erm, 'history' appears to be otherwise unknown leads me to believe that they were probably using a ringer. There were lots of pale skinny boys with good cheekbones and dyed black hair out there, and with the sunglasses it's easy enough to do a convincing body double. :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
sultan2075
Overbomber

Yeah, you're right, 7a7. If it was Von, everyone here would have seen it a million and a half times already.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dark wrote:
million voices wrote:There was Pete Murphy and the Memorex Ad, but I think that's as close as it gets
Shome mishtake, shurely? IIRC it was Maxell ;)
yep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUIxGJ-ykI

and

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated, its like you said i think a major court case would be on the cards if it was Eldrich, this pikky has been bugging the hell out of me for years, i might for a laugh go into Levies site just to see what i can dig up, thanks again...fun talking about this one tho...NIK..ps i use swans necks to wipe my ass with.
Just been talking about the Ritz gig in Manchester 1984, think ive still got some bruises still,any how Happy Days...
lachert
Overbomber

as for the old goths in commercials, i like that one:
long live rock'n'roll
James Blast
Banned

it's 'mad season' we get all sorts of daft questions in here
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

yep
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it's sisters chat, what you expect to see/read ?
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yeah..and this is true too..

"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Ramone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

and presenting..the new commercial for Mayberline..

"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
Nikpoulton
Road Kill

excellent know that's funny...should of told my mum that you were going to use her photo, she will sue
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Whoops, guess my memorex isn't as good as it used to be.

Did Eldo appear in a jeans ad then? Was he that bloke in the laundrette?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
James Blast
Banned

Oh puhrleez go away!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele