5 b-sides to die for

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Harvey Winston wrote:
stufarq wrote: Is it bad form to mention The Mission's Wake?
not at all. I was going to mention Like A Hurricane but was confused as to whether it was a B side or not.
I think, strictly, it's a double A but I've never been entirely sure.

Either way, it doesn't tell our glorious leader that he has no friends. :twisted:
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote: Either way, it doesn't tell our glorious leader that he has no friends. :twisted:
haha, I'll have to give that another listen :lol:

just thought of another one -

Subway Sect - Don't Split It (Nobody's Scared)
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Harvey Winston wrote:
stufarq wrote: Either way, it doesn't tell our glorious leader that he has no friends. :twisted:
haha, I'll have to give that another listen :lol:
Note that it has a very similar organ solo to Giving Ground. That ain't coincidental y'know.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Harvey Winston wrote:
weebleswobble wrote: FOTN - In Every Dream Home A Heartache
Haven't heard this one, or what I assume is the Roxy Music original (?) but Moose do a cracking cover in their Peel session:

http://burningworld.org.uk/Moose-Peel_S ... 6-1991.zip
It is the very same song, although the neph version is pure OTT goff ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stufarq wrote:Is it bad form to mention The Mission's Wake?
I just saw Shelter from the Storm on the Mish's Lighting the Candles DVD. That was an early b-side wasn't it? If so, I'll offer up that one.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Mothra wrote: I just saw Shelter from the Storm on the Mish's Lighting the Candles DVD. That was an early b-side wasn't it? If so, I'll offer up that one.
It was their "live only" song but they put a live recording on the b-side of Wasteland.