a nice cuppa, a sit down and a chat

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

7anthea7 wrote:
James Blast wrote:I'll pass on the fig tarts dear, my bowels need no encouragement. Lentil nibble? Henna dip?
Babganooooooush...is that a pita in your pocket?

(That should be sung, but I have no idea how to convey the tune. :wink: )
Perhaps in a Rhapsodic manner in the manner of certain regal Bohemians? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

whilst wearing an authentic minesherrun?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:whilst wearing an authentic minesherrun?
Yes. It is not well-known that Freddie Mercury's great-grandfather was responsible for the greatest advance in underground safety since Humphrey Davey invented the Davey Lamp. The mine sherrun enabled miners in the cornish tin mines to detect the presence of an odourless gas commonly known as ghollddinnbbraunn which caused unconciousness among miners. The device worked by "sherruning" the gas ("sherrun" is a Cornish colloquialism meaning "to disperse or render inert any potentially hazardous substance that typically exists in a gaseous state at room temperature"), thereby saving many miners from falling unconcious in the mines and then being caught in the blast when charges were detonated to dislodge rock.
Interestingly the link does not end there. Jean-Jacque Burnell's family was from Britanny which shares celtic roots with Cornwall. In the early years of the 20th century his ancestors moved to Cornwall to advice on techniques that had been developed in the Breton treacle mines (sadly now all worked out).
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

did they 'advice' on the quality of jeans and jackets worn by said miners?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:did they 'advice' on the quality of jeans and jackets worn by said miners?
No, but they counselled that the wearing of socks of a scarlet hue greatly increased productivity.
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

not 'council'd' then, nope didn't think so...

anyway, the yard went on forever and my Mum bought me a wee metal Jeep that I pedaled about in, then my Aunty got an inflatable swimming pool that we placed in the back garden so I could fall on my erse by leaping in and out of - there should have been an health warning.
Jings! the risks I took as a child - mental I was
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:mental I was
Was?!?!?!?!!?!? :eek:

:lol:
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

you never ride a cycle sans stabalisers and fall on yer napper then?

Huh!? Huh, did ya!?

wimp
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:you never ride a cycle sans stabalisers and fall on yer napper then?

Huh!? Huh, did ya!?

wimp
Sure I did, although I "dropped" the bike more often than falling on my noggin, which led to my left leg from the knee down looking like a map of England's rail- and inland water- ways and a little jar of gravel being kept in the Casualty dept of the cottage hospital - "It's that Little Bastard again - get the peroxide and the tweezers, John.". Didn't believe in training wheels in our house, "leads the lad into a false sense of security," they said - nothing like flying down a hill and pulling a 90-degree left using back-pedal brakes, pushing the bike into the turn as the back-wheel locks up and screams across the tarmac, knowing that the lean has passed the point of no return and you're going to slide 50 feet on your knees (and you're wearing shorts) across dirt, gravel, and the odd bit of broken glass, limping home while the blood pools in your polyvelts, being walked up the hill to the hospital ("It's not far, you won't die") because "it's too nice a day to drive", having the bits picked out of your flesh by the nice Scottish nurse who called you a "big brave boy", blinking back the tears as the stitches went in (you didn't want to cry in front of the vision of loveliness, did you?), and then (crucially) doing it all over again as soon as you got home because your mates were waiting for you.

Kids these days - you can't get bloody from an Xbox, and Wii Fit doesn't come with road-rash temporary tattoos. They're missing out, I tell you.
Hank Moody
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Kids these days - you can't get bloody from an Xbox, and Wii Fit doesn't come with road-rash temporary tattoos.
I've got permanent ones on my right knee - from chasing a purse snatcher in the wrong boots. :lol:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
mistressteal
Road Kill

A double espresso and a dark choc hobnob (and one cigarillo in my tortoiseshell holder)
James Blast
Banned

Thro' Horridge's with Gran
well actually, through Tesco's with Mum:
The Mum's been a bit crook of recent and I'm back on mornings only, so I take her and help with the weekly food shop. A man could do this sort of thing in about 25mins, including reverse parking, checkout and bagging - with a woman it's a 3hr epic afternoon out.
Anyhoo, trudging around at The Mum pace I espied many wonderful goodies that perhaps woulda passed me by or do Tesco have an unusually large number of things you can only get there?
Smokey BBQ Baked Beans
Caramelised Onions and Mozzarella 'Tear Off' - a kinda pizza bread thingey
Gherkin Relish - trust me, this is thi dug's baws on a burger, found a jar last summer in ASDA never seen it since
a variety of currys in tin trays, just like takeaways did in the 70/80/90s
Tip Tree Broon Sauce mmmmm....

just thought I'd share :D
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:Thro' Horridge's with Gran
Bet I'm the only one who gets that reference ;) :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

I kinda thought that might be the case :)
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I've got a can of cider on the train, no cuppa for me, cheers.

Was a pleasant surprise to see Andrew S last night, but I still kept my eyes out for you all night. :|
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The butcher hav his thum on the skales ;)

Edit. Directed at James. As any fule kno.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

for I am the Goriller of Heartland :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

LouLou wrote:attention hungry heartlanders!

on today's menu is banoffee pie. yum!
Apparently, that was "invented" down in my neck of the woods.

Anyone remember "Get Stuffed"?
I used to watch that prog (usually wi' dubble "visoin").

They used to knock up some class scran & the hand washing bit was always a hoot.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:for I am the Goriller of Heartland :lol:
Thought it was the "griller"

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Dark wrote:I've got a can of cider on the train...
Classy as always, mate! Best not be rioting and carrying on! :wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The butcher hav his thum on the skales ;)

Chiz chiz.
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote:The butcher hav his thum on the skales ;)

Chiz chiz.
CAVE! The Beak!
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

no, 'tis only Peason my grate frend

@Cureboi you've been talking to strange wimmin again, haven't you? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote: @Cureboi you've been talking to strange wimmin again, haven't you? :lol:
I make a point of ONLY talking to strange wimmin.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

exceelent, carry on.... :D
~ Peter Steele