charts catch up a bit

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

It's going to take how long to figure out what a "free listen" means?
It means nothing in monetary terms.
WTF is the chart all about then?
The popularity, or how much dosh a pile of sh!t rakes in?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

tis all PR and marketing, innit.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:tis all PR and marketing, innit.
Bunch of merchant b@nkers.

:evil:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The most important question we should be asking is:
"How can Korin best abuse this for his own personal gain?"

Korrosiv for number one!
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:tis all PR and marketing, innit.
Music industry :roll:

>ahem< :urff:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Shouldn't streaming sites be counted in the same way as airplay? Switching on the radio or voting on MTV don't count towards the charts although the former does count towards the airplay chart (which is ultimately just a record of which songs radio executives are taking backhanders to put on their playlists this week).
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's all payola anyway.

I recall hearing a story (possibly untrue) about Westlife and Louis Walsh back in the early days of their carreer. Apparently one of the boys didn't like some suggestion that they cancel some meet-and-greet, saying it was "disrespectful of our fans". Louis Walsh loses his temper, says "come with me".

Drags the boys into the car park, opens the back of a Transit van, stacked high with shopping bags full of copies of their latest single. "That's your fans there boys."
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:It's all payola anyway.

I recall hearing a story (possibly untrue) about Westlife and Louis Walsh back in the early days of their carreer. Apparently one of the boys didn't like some suggestion that they cancel some meet-and-greet, saying it was "disrespectful of our fans". Louis Walsh loses his temper, says "come with me".

Drags the boys into the car park, opens the back of a Transit van, stacked high with shopping bags full of copies of their latest single. "That's your fans there boys."
Thats funny- true or not :lol:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Well how else would feckin' Westlife get into the charts?

A couple of years ago I wrote some material on immigration for a friend's stand-up set. My premise (and no you may not nick it as I may reuse it one day) was that if people are so worried about immigrants overstretching our resources then we should balance the books by sending a few of our less desirables to them in payment for some of the ones they've landed us with - Australian soaps, Yuri Gellar, and I also put in Westlife because I couldn't think of anyone better. I told him he should change it if he possible but he insisted on sticking with the Irish tossers. Turned out that got the biggest reaction of the night. Just goes to show that everyone hates Westlife. Because they're s**t.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.