TSOM song to work out to?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It seems that I've now spent enough time at the gym to be able to influence the play lists. I'm putting together a few songs to include in the spin classes right now, and, of course, I need to put some TSOM in there. It is really hard to be objective about what songs would work, though, because I know them all so, so well. It is like staring in the mirror and trying to decide if you're attractive when you see yourself in too much detail every day...

So far, I'm thinking Temple of Love and Dr. Jeep are pretty safe bets. Any other suggestions?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

For energy I would suggest Vision Thing (it always adds a good 20mph to whatever speed I'm doing when it comes on), Alice/Phantom is good for rhythm, but you can't beat a bit of YCBTO - ask any meerkat... :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

this is a new low
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lachert
Overbomber

body electric for gym and detonation boulevard for swimming pool ;D
long live rock'n'roll
Lord Emsworth
Road Kill

Try Watch. With a little luck you'll quickly have the gym all for yourself.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:this is a new low
Indeed.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debi

i find possession has a good rythm to run to......
800mak
Road Kill

Try Heartland while spinning! :urff:
Tune in

Turn on

Burn out
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I used to work out playing 'You Suffer' by Napalm Death on repeat for 20 minutes.

Then I got kicked out and I decided fitness is for other people.

Really, people...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Chaotican

"this is a new low"

Hey, with no new release coming, I'm adding to the fan base as best I can. I've already given birth to two new fans, but that takes a lot of time so now I'm trying something else. ;)
James Blast
Banned

fairly do's but it's a bit 'General Chat' innit?

what next: Sisters music for a dinner party? :innocent:

do have a cuppa ;D
Last edited by James Blast on 22 Jun 2009, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:what next: Sisters music for a dinner party? :innocent:
That would have to be highschool and stfu from SSV ;D
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Chaotican

Ah, sorry. I thought that if your topic had the world "sisters" or "mercy", or perhaps even "the" in it, it pretty much qualified for sisters chat. Won't do it again.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah don't worry, our bark is worse than our bite.

I shall shift this into general tho. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice one chaotican ;D

I'd suggest FaLaA, the song... it has good steady beat to it :D

Now move that body!
in dub we trust
Chaotican

Thanks for the suggestions! See, there are some that I never would think of, but they could work.

And no worries about any mild hostility. I understand that girlymen get defensive whenever you mention the gym. Come see me and I will Pump You Up!

Izzy HaveMercy

Only place you see me in the gym is at the bar mocking other people running absolutely nowhere on a rubber band ;D

If and when I try something resembling sports (shudder) it's biking or walking in the fresh air.

Much more preferable than inhaling each others' sweat-stench I find.

But each to his/her own, of course.

Now, to be serious, I will rarely play something by the Sisters when walking or cycling. I prefer calm and soothing music.

Nadja, Earth, Codeine, Stone Roses, and Bohren & der Club of Gore are my weapons of choice for the mo, for example.

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Chaotican wrote:I understand that girlymen get defensive whenever you mention the gym.
Also us fat bastards ;D
—Bertrand Russell
Chaotican

I used to be the same way, Izzy! I'd walk by the gym and laugh at the fools paying money to go nowhere quickly. I'm down 115 lbs from my lifetime high weight, though, and it took a lot of effort to get the last 20 or so off. The gym had tools that I needed!

Because I am an ex fat bastard myself, markfiend, I think that I'm exempt from irritating you with gym talk. I, however, am fully allowed to look lustfully at your food and hate YOU.

Seriously, I like angry music to work out to. I have a lot of anger. ;) Not much by The Sisters really has an angry energy, come to think of it.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

A bit unwise listening to music whilst cycling in this country. Can't hear those pesky drivers...
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Chaotican wrote: I'm down 115 lbs from my lifetime high weight, though,
That's f*cking impressive! :notworthy:

TBH it's not so much the food as the beer that's my problem :urff:
—Bertrand Russell
_emma_
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Only place you see me in the gym is at the bar mocking other people running absolutely nowhere on a rubber band ;D

If and when I try something resembling sports (shudder) it's biking or walking in the fresh air.

Much more preferable than inhaling each others' sweat-stench I find.
:lol: :notworthy:
I agree, and I'd add that horseriding through the meadows and woods is quite lovely too.
Though, as for sports, I think billiard and draughts are the best, and I don't even mind inhaling each others' alcohol and tobacco stench. ;D
Oh and water sports, well some of them, especially those that involve lying on a mattress with your earphones on, and a pink-blue drink with a little umbrella in it.
As for The Sisters and work out, hm.... Here's my own recipe:
Drink 4 beers. Light a cigarette. Go to the the DJ and keep pestering him until he agrees to play whichever Sisters song he has there.
Hit the dancefloor. :von:
Regret in the morning. Stop talking to the people who took photos of you.
Repeat every Saturday night. ;D
It may not do wonders to the body, but it's absolutely great for the soul.
Thus spoke a former plump bastardette, then an obsessed anorexic, now a plump bastardette again.
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:
Chaotican wrote: I'm down 115 lbs from my lifetime high weight, though,
That's f*cking impressive! :notworthy:

TBH it's not so much the food as the beer that's my problem :urff:
Mighty impressive indeed Chaotican. :notworthy:

To me, I always weighed and still weigh at about 150 of your foreign paands. The only difference with, say 15 years ago is that most of the weight is centered in the Beer Receptacle.

Unlike Markfiend tho, beer is not the problem.

I'm the problem for beer ;D

Then again, I'm a man and I don't have problems with a bit of a belly. Suits me just fine and since I quit smoking almost a year ago I feel fit as a fiddle. I use the stage to do my fitness. Music keps you in form indeed ;)

IZ.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I listen to The Sisters a lot in the gym - my favs are most of the pre- FALAA tracks, espeically

Heartland
Body Electric (1984)
Temple of Love
Train
Floorshow

I also listen to the Neph and Cult a lot when on the treadmill.

Live tracks are usually a few BPM faster and work great for me too!
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

A Slight Case Of Overbombing is great to workout to. Slow, faster, FAST, fast, steady, slow....and stop.
Last edited by the_inescapable_truth on 23 Jun 2009, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.