Korrosiv - Smokestack

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well, I don't think it was well produced either. The thing about doing a cover is that it does, indeed, take you through the whole process.

I certainly don't mean to discourage you though. I'd like to see you improve.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Except the songwriting process, which is the part I need to work on the most.
It's a shame you didn't think much of the production. What specifically did you dislike about it?

Bearing in mind everything was done using entirely free software, I have to make do with what I've got. Though I still refuse to brickwall. I like my quiet sounds quiet.
James Blast
Banned

well I gave it annar listen after all the comments and must say I have heard an awful lot worse (SSV anyone) again it's not my scene, same as jazz and soul hold no interest for me but I can hear for music of that type it's not bad at all and the production is the production - it wouldn't suit a big Jim Steinman overblown job as that would turn it into summat else
:)
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i give it a try (few times, even now).
I'm not into that kind of music but in the other hand I'm desperately looking for new tunes, always, so my opinion is not relevant. anyhow: beginning of song sounds how to name it... make me wanna listen what is next and here we got the bad side, vocal, i mean i knew that you using fuzz but something is wrong with that, it (you, your vocal) missing the rhythm, IMO. and you could, if you using this noise effect, a bit change the scale to made it more patchy. in the other word guessing for Noisex3 and Prohibition your idea was just sung it this non emotional style but that my advice.
Production is good as for something made in home with free software, everything what should be listen is on the right side.
so, I'm must say that i didn't listen that kind of Cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic music ( dose it sound enough journalistic? :lol: ) but you made me wanna start to doing that.
it's a good song, again, judging by this 3 songs, i like to watch when musicians are trying to find their own way to express their self, making progress and not standing still, and sticking into one type of music like the cure, ad lightning dc or iron maiden (current).
keep you own way and don't give a frak of others opinion especially when you are doing it for yourself. :notworthy:
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Specifically, the main thing that turns me off is the chirpy bird noise which goes thru the whole song. While I love a repetitive beat, guitar line, bass line, or what have you, this particular noise is too angular and jarring to make the song enjoyable.

To be fair, I did give the song another outing just now in No Dub Corporate Towers, where my office suite has a killer sound system, and it does sound better - still not my cup of tea though. Perhaps the song needs more attention for headphones and smaller speakers?

Looking forward to the next one.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Ah, yes, that would be a good point, I was wondering who'd pick up on those. The "chirps" throughout the song have been commented on in the past, and they seem to be a bit love-or-hate, so that's quite understandable ;)

As for the smaller speakers.. yes, I'm guilty there, when it comes to not sounding as good on smaller speakers.

But hey, all this feedback is what I need. Looking forward to releasing the next stuff too. ;)
James Blast
Banned

did the bird snouds haave anything to do with Posh Burd? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Well, the song WAS first started on the train back from Glasgow a year ago. :lol:

Nah, if anything it was around the time I was first listening to The Second Annual Report and realising just how brilliant TG were, so it was probably a ripoff.
Come to think of it, I bought the Greatest Hits about 30 minutes before getting on the train. ;)

Thanks all for the great feedback (cheques are in the post, Fiendy and Bartek :lol:), it's exactly what I needed to hear. If anything, it's shown me to keep going on this same path. Keep it coming.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i have to add something: i'm agree with Mark F.: song is too short
James Blast
Banned

let's not get carried away now
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

It used to be about 2.5 minutes long, so...