To: The UK; From: Your Former Colonies

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Happy Independence Day!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Oh how we wish we were still even more closely associated with you than we currently are :roll: Yes, the grief is palpable as dear old Blighty limps off, defeated, into the sunset.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
sultan2075
Overbomber

Whatever helps you through the day, dear.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
James Blast
Banned

"an empire denied its colonies turns upon itself"
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

Hope you like what you've done with the place.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

2nd City of the (Auld) Empire, so we are.

Come to Glasgow and get stabbed. ;D

Go to London and get stabbed (to death). :|

So where exactly do you 'Foreigns' prefer to vaykayshun? :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I see this post has got more replies already than my "Happy St George's Day" -one did in total :(

Yeah, Happy Independance Day.
Four strings good, six strings bad
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Oh yes! Do you come visit and enjoy our basic freedoms! :D
DeWinter

I think you're about to find we British were far nicer masters than your current ones, the Chinese. Since they own you lock, stock, and barrel I'd lose the superiority complex..
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:
Which Britain doesn't have? :?

What century are you living in, dude?
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
EvilBastard
Overbomber

nodubmanshouts wrote:
Basic freedoms? Like...the right to a trial before a jury of your peers? To live free of internment without trial? To say what you like, wear what you like, live as you like without persecution?
I do hope you're not referring to the US, then - while it may have many things to recommend it, basic freedoms are alas few and far between these days.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Hope you like what you've done with the place.
Don't blame me - I'm disgusted by it, and would have been out of here years ago if it were feasible...

Even now, when it seems like there's a bit of a chance of some change, it won't significantly alter three centuries of rampant stupidity. It's bred in the bone at this point. :|

Fuck it. Think I'll go blow some shit up...legally, of course. ;D
--Elizabeth von Arnim
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Basic freedoms? Like...the right to a trial before a jury of your peers? To live free of internment without trial? To say what you like, wear what you like, live as you like without persecution?
I do hope you're not referring to the US, then - while it may have many things to recommend it, basic freedoms are alas few and far between these days.
Unfortunately, the people who typically celebrate the 'freedoms' of the US are talking about something vastly different than what most of the rest of us mean by that. They're really talking about Objectivism as if it were the basis of American beliefs and values...but have limited it to the ways in which it fosters laissez faire capitalism and thrown out the rest. (Not that I personally have any use for Ayn Rand, mind you, but some of her ideas do strike a chord - if only it weren't such bloody unenlightened self-interest...)
--Elizabeth von Arnim
sultan2075
Overbomber

Some of you guys are so predictable. I swear, it's like poking a monkey with stick a sometimes. I'll be sure to do the petulant child act when Guy Fawkes day rolls around.

Now I'm going to celebrate Independence Day with good friends, good bourbon, good beer and the best goddam Cajun food a Bronx Irish New Yorker in Texas can cook up using wild fucking pigs. And I'm going to listen to Merle Haggard for the entire three hours I'm about to spend cooking.
--
Big Si
School Bully

sultan2075 wrote:Some of you guys are so predictable. I swear, it's like poking a monkey with stick a sometimes. I'll be sure to do the petulant child act when Guy Fawkes day rolls around.

Now I'm going to celebrate Independence Day with good friends, good bourbon, good beer and the best goddam Cajun food a Bronx Irish New Yorker in Texas can cook up using wild fucking pigs. And I'm going to listen to Merle Haggard for the entire three hours I'm about to spend cooking.
Have a great time mate! 8) Image
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:Some of you guys are so predictable. I swear, it's like poking a monkey with stick a sometimes. I'll be sure to do the petulant child act when Guy Fawkes day rolls around.

You (& I mean this) have a great celebration. :notworthy:

As for Guy Fawkes, well, he got nabbed eh?
Shame really.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

Welly well well my droogies, all I can say is "We didn't start the fire". ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

James Blast wrote:Welly well well my droogies, all I can say is "We didn't start the fire". ;D
Prolly 'cos the skirts were just a little too much eh?

:innocent: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

Nup! ye've gote me therr Cureboi :roll: :?:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:As for Guy Fawkes, well, he got nabbed eh?
Lady Whiteadder wrote:Cold is god's way of telling us to burn more Catholics
And if you have to hang, draw, and quarter them into the bargain...well, no-one every made a decent omelet without breaking a few eggs. Far too many of that type of person around these days - it's no accident that they weren't allowed to run for public office or marry a member of the monarchy.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
RobF

Ah Ha! July the fourth, brilliant. The day of many fine events;

Saladin takes Jerusalem 1187, and the frankly double-bubble in 1918 of Mehmet the IV ascending the throne and Nicholas II getting shot in a cellar.

Plus you now get the annual North Korean fireworks, not the subtlest of chaps, but they do put on a good show.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
James Blast
Banned

has drink been taken Bastard, I'm sure that was meant as humour, sorry humor
~ Peter Steele
nodubmanshouts

Some of you guys are so predictable. I swear, it's like poking a monkey with stick a sometimes
GUILTY AS CHARGED!! :):):):):)
nodubmanshouts

What century are you living in, dude?
The one after the Criminal Justice Act was enacted! :twisted: