Im gonna see sisters live!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Im pretty sure there is allready a thread about their tour, but im too excited to look even deeper :P

On monday I go to pick up the tickets!! I can not believe it!! I missed the chance when they were in Arvika in Sweden, and thought that was it, that now ill never see them.

But on march 20th, ill be standing there looking like a kid at christmas.

Bla bla bla, I have no words for how happy I am. So ill just let it be to that for now.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Congratulations, I can't afford to go abroad so unless :von: comes to Britain I'm going to miss out :(
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Nic
Slight Overbomber

I will probably go to Oslo as well, see you there. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I havent seen the tour list, but I was sure they would go to Britain too.

Nic, just look for the one with the biggest smile, hehe. Would be nice to maybe bump into another forum dweller ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Sorry to drag up an old post like this. But Nic did you go? Am I the only one who was standing there with tears in my eyes? (of dissapointment)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
James Blast
Banned

Lynchfanatic wrote:(of dissapointment)
now you really have seen A Sisters, that's why I'm boycotting them till they get their shit together :|

one 's' two 'p's BTW :lol:
Last edited by James Blast on 28 Jul 2009, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that seems unlikely
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

James Blast wrote:one 's' two 'p's BTW :lol:
:oops: Spelling is NOT one of my talents, neither in my "mother tongue".

Btw, was told when I got there, that there was only one sister playing. :evil: (still would have gone though)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

James Blast wrote: that's why I'm boycotting them till they get their shit together :|
Eh? :roll:

For a slight sec I thought you were talking 'bout HL. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
GC
Slight Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:Sorry to drag up an old post like this. But Nic did you go? Am I the only one who was standing there with tears in my eyes? (of dissapointment)
Were they that bad?
christophe
Overbomber

who besides me first went to the Sisters section when they read this topic title? :lol: and a bit disappointed :( :lol:
Another Shade of You.
Patti82
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wasn't Norway the show they performed while sick?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oslo, yes .. :roll: ... first incursion of throat infections, influenza and gastro-enteritis ... :roll:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:Btw, was told when I got there, that there was only one sister playing. :evil: (still would have gone though)
Correction : There were three Sisters playing.

You really need to catch up on the history of the band, dear. :roll:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
James Blast
Banned

see post#26, A Sisters ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Gollum's Cock wrote:
Lynchfanatic wrote:Sorry to drag up an old post like this. But Nic did you go? Am I the only one who was standing there with tears in my eyes? (of dissapointment)
Were they that bad?
Sadly yes, but I dont only "blame" the band. The sound was s**t, but then again, norwegian technicians are not really good at doing sound checks. It sounded like Sisters through a sock. And yes they were sick, so I am very happy they even came on stage. So in that way I can understand the hiding away in the back of the stage. But we could hardly even hear the actual lyrics. There were several people who just simply left.

It must be said, its not the first concert Ive been to that has been ruined by bad sound. I do blame the technicians.

7anthea7
Correction : There were three Sisters playing.

You really need to catch up on the history of the band, dear. Rolling Eyes
Yes, I will admit I do not know half as much as I should. But when I think about Sisters, I dont expect two guitar players in what looked to be their late 20`s, jumping all around stage, showing off. Yes, I know new members, but for some reason, I dont know why, I was hoping to see some more original members. That they would get together for the tour or something like that, naive I know. Ive heard so little about them actually playing live, that when they actually would go on tour, they would gather up again. But then again, shows how little i know, sorry :oops:

But, all in all, I got to see Andrew. I cant deny that made my day. But I do wish I could truly hear his voice, not a murr murr.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:Yes, I will admit I do not know half as much as I should. But when I think about Sisters, I dont expect two guitar players in what looked to be their late 20`s, jumping all around stage, showing off.
It is a bit of a surprise if you haven't been keeping up with what passes for 'current' news. Hang out here more and you'll know far more than you ever wanted to. :wink:

Just so you know: Ben and Chris both great guys, and have given Andrew a shot in the arm he's been needing for a long time.
And also wrote:...for some reason, I dont know why, I was hoping to see some more original members. That they would get together for the tour or something like that, naive I know.
Um. Well. Yes.
And then wrote:...shows how little i know, sorry :oops:
Oh, no apologies - I'm sorry you were disappointed. But the band's been through a lot of changes in personnel since those original members. (I'm not even sure which 'original' members you mean...)
And finally wrote:But, all in all, I got to see Andrew. I cant deny that made my day. But I do wish I could truly hear his voice, not a murr murr.
Agreed on both of those. There are so many threads on the latter...I'm not going to turn this into another one, for fear of my life. :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Oh,go on-you know you want to :lol: