Thought for the day

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Wouldn't it be good if nutty fundamentalist christians stopped blowing up people going in to abortion clinics and started blowing up people going into right-to-die suicide clinics.
eotunun
Overbomber

Now that you mention it, why don't they become suicide bombers like the turbo-muslims, but avoid collateral damage out off christian brotherly love?
-That's a promissing approach, innit?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

eotunun wrote:Now that you mention it, why don't they become suicide bombers like the turbo-muslims, but avoid collateral damage out off christian brotherly love?
Yes please! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
GC
Slight Overbomber

There is a big difference though in killing yourself and killing an unborn baby.
I kind of miss the point of the "thought"... Explanations welcome (it has been a long Sunday, by the way).

By the way have their been people killed outside abortion clinics?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Gollum's Cock wrote:I kind of miss the point of the "thought"... Explanations welcome (it has been a long Sunday, by the way).
It's an exercise in irony.
GC
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:I kind of miss the point of the "thought"... Explanations welcome (it has been a long Sunday, by the way).
That I understood, but was there a basis to this irony?
sultan2075
Overbomber

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

sultan2075 wrote:
It actually means 'a bit metallish'.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Gollum's Cock wrote:
If you mean "what prompted it" then that would be the current debate on assisted suicide (and the forthcoming legal ruling in the UK) and the attempts of certain extremist religious groups to enforce their own religious beliefs on the rest of the country. From that basis, and presuming an easing of the legal restrictions on assisted suicide, the next step is conjecture of the form of protest taken by said extremist religious groups, based on their prior actions in similar situations where the secular law doesn't agree with what's written in their particular religious text (and, further, their interpretation of said text).

Some things lose a lot when you have to explain them.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

sultan2075 wrote:

Yes, it does.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: It's an exercise in irony.
It actually means 'a bit metallish'.

IZ.
But not heavy metallish.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote: It's an exercise in irony.
If you mean "what prompted it" then that would be the current debate on assisted suicide (and the forthcoming legal ruling in the UK) and the attempts of certain extremist religious groups to enforce their own religious beliefs on the rest of the country. From that basis, and presuming an easing of the legal restrictions on assisted suicide, the next step is conjecture of the form of protest taken by said extremist religious groups, based on their prior actions in similar situations where the secular law doesn't agree with what's written in their particular religious text (and, further, their interpretation of said text).

Did anyone get blown up going for an abortion in Britain? If not then I don't get it, if they did then I've just pissed myself...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Gollum's Cock wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote: That I understood, but was there a basis to this irony?

Did anyone get blown up going for an abortion in Britain? If not then I don't get it, if they did then I've just pissed myself...
No idea about any deaths in the UK. But doctors who have performed abortions in the US have certainly been killed by fundamentalists who are protecting "the right to life". Such fundamentalists are certainly growing in number in the UK (or at least becoming more vocal and extreme).
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it always get me angry what gov./country can do to persuade you to live here, for exmpl here, in Poland, you can get to bedlam if tried ineffectively. the question is: why? do someon who tired suicide harm anyone else, of course besides his familly friends - if he/she have them ?
the other question is a point of commiting suicide but that question for other not~so~small thread.

and you, LC, talking about something that might happen but not happened so far. but still even if i take a irony of your post - on internet is not so "visble" that on real life - it's a bit of overshoot examples/comparison, imo.
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote:Now that you mention it, why don't they become suicide bombers like the turbo-muslims, but avoid collateral damage out off christian brotherly love?
"Today is not easy to find a suicide bomber, the good ones are all dead"
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.