The 1985 split

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Ramone wrote:
Dark wrote:Apparently it's synth bass, I can't even hear any bass on them.
I shared a room with Adams in Germany after a Mishun show and he 'spilled the beans' on the split and synth bass story. He's not on No Time Cry's b-sides. As for the split..... It all escapes me. Bugger!
The bass parts on Blood Money and Bury Me Deep are all synths.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
James Blast
Banned

make and model, enquiring minds needs to know? ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Now there's a question. One of the Emaxes I think.

Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

Thinking about it again, its more likely to have been one of the Rolands that The Sisters purchased for the Doctor to play with - they play quite nicely with percussion 'instruments'.

James Blast
Banned

Thanking yew! :D :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

That's that answered then! :lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Oh well. When're they getting a synthesized vocalist? :lol:
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:Oh well. When're they getting a synthesized vocalist? :lol:
According to HAL synth vocals will commence in 2010.
"... because we're that kind of people."
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

If it was a "either him or me" then it`s a bloody shame that it wasn`t Wayne that walked out the door first.. Gary`s songs are way better than Wayne`s on FALAA...And the first Ghostdance singles are way better than anything m*****n ever done.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I always thpight the "him or me" was Marx or Eldritch, with Gary's hand being forced because he'd stopped turning up to soundchecks. Have I got that wrong?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
BeyondThePale
Road Kill

A friend of mine recently met Lucas Fox in Paris. Former Motörhead drummer and enginer on Floodland told him interesting things. Among others:
1) When Wayne left the Sisters, he took with him music, equipment and instruments. Andrew went mad and paranoiac about it. He took the habit to hide a lot of things, in a secret room just like the villain in a James Bond movie.
2) Lucas Fox played all the guitars and keyboards parts on Floodland (it was 20 years ago that I was wondering who played on the album but nobody could tell me), and even wrote some material; he was of course never credited for that.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Yet another account conflicting with all the others! (See http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0)
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
eotunun
Overbomber

BeyondThePale wrote: 1) When Wayne left the Sisters, he took with him music, equipment and instruments. Andrew went mad and paranoiac about it. He took the habit to hide a lot of things, in a secret room just like the villain in a James Bond movie.
One of those rooms was at Adam's burnt down house.
The other one is so secret that Andrew doesn't know where it is. That's why the new album didn't surface yet.

Thanks for the Info! :notworthy: :notworthy:

And to Mr. Fox:
Thanks, top job!
There is shadow under this red rock
H. Blackrose

BeyondThePale wrote: 2) Lucas Fox played all the guitars and keyboards parts on Floodland.
Why don't I believe this, coming from the guy who was kicked out of Lemmy's band for doing too many drugs?!?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

BeyondThePale wrote:1) When Wayne left the Sisters, he took with him music, equipment and instruments.
This part at least is credible. See the "stolen guitars" line in Flood I

Although that might just refer to the tunes that Wayne nicked.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

BeyondThePale wrote: 1) When Wayne left the Sisters, he took with him music, equipment and instruments. Andrew went mad and paranoiac about it. He took the habit to hide a lot of things, in a secret room just like the villain in a James Bond movie.
... while paranoia is also a well-observed side-effect of
cocaine and amphetamine abuse, especially in stressful situations ... :?
BeyondThePale
Road Kill

Of course... But it IS a "stressful situation"! A very stressful one, indeed.
Moreover, this incident made that his paranoia went worse than before (according to Lucas Fox).
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

H. Blackrose wrote:
BeyondThePale wrote: 2) Lucas Fox played all the guitars and keyboards parts on Floodland.
Why don't I believe this, coming from the guy who was kicked out of Lemmy's band for doing too many drugs?!?
not only this, he, BeyondThePale, wrote that Lucas Fix said to him that he - Lucas - wrote "some material" it's imspossible that he didn't fought for "his" money, of course if he didn't had any evidence of this is understood, but letting the money and not even said anythinf aloud in media during this time when greater part of journalsits attacked Von and wrote rubbish about him.
"there's too much blood in my vodkastream" methink. :roll:
BeyondThePale
Road Kill

Yes, but anyway, I told what Lucas Fox had said, I didn't say it was the truth. :wink:
And it seems that he is not the only person not to tell the truth (if he lied) in this whole story...
Anyway, I will meet him soon for an interview, hoping to get more precise answers.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

none said that you believe his words, but we - i - just, ye know, tried demolished his theory/story by some rational reasons and facts.
Last edited by Bartek on 03 Aug 2009, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
BeyondThePale
Road Kill

My friend also told me that Lucas Fox said Andrew was a very cultured guy. It's not a scoop, but it's not a lie - I think.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

BeyondThePale wrote:My friend also told me that Lucas Fox said Andrew was a very cultured guy. It's not a scoop, but it's not a lie - I think.

He is, yes..he is, of course..
mh
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:
BeyondThePale wrote:1) When Wayne left the Sisters, he took with him music, equipment and instruments.
This part at least is credible. See the "stolen guitars" line in Flood I

Although that might just refer to the tunes that Wayne nicked.
Also see Wayne's sleevenotes for the First Chapter reissue, where he makes reference to these stolen guitars.

Am I right in thinking that this is about the only part of the entire story that's reasonably consistently told by all participants?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

BeyondThePale wrote: 2) Lucas Fox played all the guitars and keyboards parts on Floodland ... and even wrote some material; he was of course never credited for that.
Doesn't sound that far-fetched to me.
To the contrary ... I've always imagined that when Wayne's "measures"
had reached that level (not to mention the, say, threat scenarios he
might - in my imagination - quite deliberately have spread ...)
Andrew sought shelter with Alan Vega and Lucas Fox ... both
of whom showed to be what one might, actually, call friends ...

But this might only have happened in my dreams decades ago ... :roll:
Mothra

10 minute interview with Wayne on this podcast http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... k-podcast/

He starts yapping about 10 minutes in. Mainly about the Mish but touches on The Sisters split as well. Nothing new in there, but from the horses mouth I guess... 8)