Solemn Novena - Silver - New Single Out Now

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

For those that don't know, they are a band from Ireland. They are very good.

For those that don't know I shall give a very brief blurb. Solemn Novena are a band that don't strive for originality. They, like many other bands before them, took the formulas of their influnces and just reshaped them in their own image. The thing that makes these guys a cut above is the sheer quality with which they do it. For those of you that enjoyed The Sisters/m*****n influenced school of Goth Rock (Rosetta, Die Laughing etc) this is guitar based, pulsating, swirling drum machine rock at its very finest.

Silver is the new their new single, and the first release sinse the acclaimed debut EP "As Darkness Falls". Sadly the single is in digital format, which is a real shame, but the music is obvious quality and its still worth attention.

In my opinion Kiss The Girls, the record from which this single was taken is one of, if not the, best album of its kind sinse An Eye For The Main Chance.

Website

Purchase Single
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Maisey wrote:
In my opinion Kiss The Girls, the record from which this single was taken is one of, if not the, best album of its kind sinse An Eye For The Main Chance.

The last great straight goth record was This burning effigy's : to bestial gods..
and they were irish too..
katamishi
Road Kill

Thank you for the news, I have their previous release, and like them very much.

I wish 'em all the best with this new issue, can't wait to get it.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I met the non-skinny bloke at the m*****n gigs in London, he was wearing a 'Real Goths Are Old' T-shirt :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."