Blue Is The Colour...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Four strings good, six strings bad
Silver_Owl
The Don

:lol:
However, they have a fairly strong and young squad.
It shouldn't really be a problem for them should it?
Let's hope injury prevails. ;D
And Man Utd. And Arsenal.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

funny the things you stumble upon whilst scurfing

so Green is in fact the colour ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:funny the things you stumble upon whilst scurfing

so Green is in fact the colour ;D
Is that the Celtic training ground then? :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Is that the Celtic training ground then? :innocent:
What gave you the impression that Celtic has ever done any training..? :innocent:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Chelski have been guilty of this kind of thing before too. The tapping up of 2 young Leeds lads springs to mind, they had to pay us £2m compo in the end.

I'd say dock them points but then that would make it easy for the red scum to win the league so bollocks to that.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Chelski have been guilty of this kind of thing before too. The tapping up of 2 young Leeds lads springs to mind, they had to pay us £2m compo in the end.

I'd say dock them points but then that would make it easy for the red scum to win the league so bollocks to that.
Surely we'd be in line for another 15 docked on top of those imposed after the West Ham-Milwall carry-on..? :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Norman Hunter wrote:
Purple Light wrote:Chelski have been guilty of this kind of thing before too. The tapping up of 2 young Leeds lads springs to mind, they had to pay us £2m compo in the end.

Surely we'd be in line for another 15 docked on top of those imposed after the West Ham-Milwall carry-on..? :wink:
...and the Eduardo diving incident, the fighting at the Derby-Forest game, and the race hate at Luton. God, no wonder everbody hates Leeds. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:

...and the Eduardo diving incident, the fighting at the Derby-Forest game, and the race hate at Luton. God, no wonder everbody hates Leeds. :lol:
Not defending Eduardo, but it is very interesting that he is the only one mentioned and in some countries diving is art and quite appreciated and in almost all other (if not all) countries diving is quite present (including UK).

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/video- ... 48831.aspx
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Back in time wrote:Not defending Eduardo, but it is very interesting that he is the only one mentioned and in some countries diving is art and quite appreciated and in almost all other (if not all) countries diving is quite present (including UK).
We all remember this wonker.... :evil:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Back in time

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Back in time wrote:Not defending Eduardo, but it is very interesting that he is the only one mentioned and in some countries diving is art and quite appreciated and in almost all other (if not all) countries diving is quite present (including UK).
We all remember this wonker.... :evil:
Oh yes, he comes from the country where diving is art. Unfortunately not the only one.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah this is all part of the general vendetta against Chelsea. We'll rise above it and still be triumphant (insert manic laugh here!). That includes Russian linesmen, Norwegian referees, Blatter, Platini et al. Nothing will happen to Madrid, Barcelona, Man U etc who've been doing the same for years. Hope all the Leeds fans don't get dizzy on the moral high ground! :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

As a football fan, it's a bit harsh on Chelsea to be singled out. Man Utd (to name but one) have been getting away with it for years. Surely a hefty fine would have been better and a new law coming into place as of er, now?

Unfortunately FIFA and UEFA have now set precedents concerning the above incidents and, regarding Eduardo, I can see the whole thing becoming a farce as Managers and clubs insist on replays to determine dives etc., which opens up another area - if video evidence can be used to discipline players after a game has finished (anyone remember Sky's continual replay of Beckford's elbow v Milwall which resulted in a ban?), then why not use it during a game for disputed goals? I'm sure Neil Warnock is with me.

As a Leeds fan, I'm pissing myself at Chelsea and reckon Ronaldo will lose 50% of his gameplan :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

The BBC Website wrote:Manchester United could be the next big club to be punished with a transfer ban if they are found guilty of an illegal approach to Le Harve youngster Paul Pogba. (Various)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Back in time

Norman Hunter wrote: if video evidence can be used to discipline players after a game has finished (anyone remember Sky's continual replay of Beckford's elbow v Milwall which resulted in a ban?), then why not use it during a game for disputed goals?
Why not using video to see if the goal was scored properly, maybe to check if the free kick was OK, to check offside position, to check corner kick - this will go too far and can result in total turmoil.
In my opinion there has to be a clear line (although I do not know how to decide where) or just leave the game as it is. We will all be nervous, blame the referees, blame the players, coaches, everybody and still enjoy the game.
Naturally, moves like one from DiCanio have nothing to do with football and should be punished severely.

I agree with you Norman, some serious precedents have been established, we will see more of this in the future and I hate administration entering the spirit of the game. I think that Eduardo was more influenced by the crowd obvious displeasure during the game with ManU.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Back in time wrote:Why not using video to see if the goal was scored properly, maybe to check if the free kick was OK, to check offside position, to check corner kick - this will go too far and can result in total turmoil.
Doesn't slow Rugby League down much as regards desputed tries. Union? Dunno - cant' watch the thing. The NFL uses it - but I guess that's a different ball game (no pun intended) when it comes to considering the amount of time taken compared to the pace of the game :lol:

The amount of ££££ involved these days - rightly or wrongly - means every decison counts and must be right. Human error seems to not a factor anymore.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

So now we're not allowed to recall our own players? That's Chelsea players Mr Blatter! Players that play for us! I bet there's something else to follow... :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation